Register now to get rid of these ads!

tire bead breaker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mysteryman, Jun 4, 2011.

1. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

After reading all the threads im realizing were all the same we love working on our cars.ive done somethings so many times i can do them without thinking.im telling this story because i feel lucky that im able to and to get everyone to think saftey while working.about 2 months ago i had a flat on my trailer i was in a hurry to change the tire so i removed it threw it up on my trailer and got out my hand held bead breaker.usally i lay the wheel on the ground and stand on the arm that locks on the rim.this time i didnt(not thinking)about the time i leaned over the tire with my weight the arm came off the wheel.i lost my balance fell toward the wheel at the same time the arm sprung up.it hit me in my throat i thought i met my maker.i was scared to try to swallow.i lost my voice for several days ive been to see 2 different doctors and still have to have a catscan too see what i damaged.i go through everyday now feeling like someone is squeezing my throat but also i feel lucky.thanks for reading and be safe hopefully this will keep someone else from getting injured.

2. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

what you need is a wife to chew you out now that it's over with.:D that's usually what happens to me.

3. dixiestillalive

dixiestillalive
    from Georgia

Man, and I thought the risky part was not letting the tire spoon knock the heck outta you. Glad you are alright.

4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Hope you're well soon..Next time take it to the tire store............