Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Timonium 1974

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tommy, Jul 8, 2011.

1. .....Well except maybe for the "big" tires on the front but, we were all guilty of that back then.:)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Look familiar? 2013 TRJ Revival at Pimlico.

Attached Files:

3. Thanks for posting the pics of a truly beautiful car (truck). Looks even better today than it looked in 1974.

4. Roger Elliot's Model A Coupe in the picture above to the left of Kaufman's SD looked just the same inside the Jalopyrama a couple of yrs. ago as it looked in 1974.

5. Glad to. I agree with your assessment. What's that old adage, "You're not getting older, you're getting better." :D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Quality is timeless.

7. Jackalope 325

Jackalope 325

Ah, Timonium. I didn't get there until '76 or '77. I took all of these pictures in 77-78.

scan0010.jpg scan0008.jpg hpqscan0012.jpg scan0001.jpg hpqscan0011.jpg hpqscan0015.jpg hpqscan0013.jpg 1932 Ford 5W Coupe Channeled.jpg scan0003.jpg 1926 Ford Phaeton Timonium 78 01.jpg 1926 Ford Phaeton Timonium 78 02.jpg 1929 Ford Pickup P&J Timonium 78 01.jpg 1929 Ford Pickup P&J Timonium 78 02.jpg scan0009.jpg

Attached Files:

8. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Jackalope you certainly know how to make a first post, without an intro. I recognize a few of them from Jake Ewing to Dick Fiele and Posie. I was there with my 36 Willys sedan during that time span.

Pat

9. Good to see this thread brought back up. Some folks (newbies) may have missed it the first time around.

Nailhead Jason and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  10. Jackalope 325

Jackalope 325

Thanks, guys. I found this thread through a search, and the pictures and comments convinced me to sign up. I've got a few hundred more of these pictures to scan (mostly on slides). I'll have to get to work on it .... just as soon as The List is done, around the house.

11. ..............................Rock on Jackalope Man.:);)

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  12. Seeing these pics reminds me of being 9 years old and drooling over all my dads mags from the 70's I saved them all! I have Rubbermaid tubs full of old Rod Action and Street Rodder. I know what i'm digging out this weekend, no TROG till next week and crappy weather, lets drool of 1978 volume of Rod Action! and flip out at the prices in the ads!

13. Looking forward to seeing more, I was a 12 year old when I was there with my dad. You can bet I'll be looking close! Still got the small M/T breathers I bought.

14. 31 B'ville

31 B'ville
    from SE Pa
    1. All Things Pontiac

Timonium Poster.jpeg My brother's Poster from 1975.

15. ^^^^^Very cool^^

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  16. ken1939

ken1939

My late uncle Johnny Parks and his brother in law Jack Moriarty from Pittsburgh were there. Johnny would go on to be the event coordinator for the Nats East when it was in Hershey then moved to York. He passed in 83. Jack would go on to be in the ring of honor making it to all the nationals. We lost him in 2003. Things have not been the same. Those photo's bring back some great memories, thanks for posting.

17. ................Do you have any photos of your Uncle, his Brother-in-Law or their cars? Don't feel like they need to be Timonium specific. Thanks, Don.

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  18. ken1939

ken1939

Here is one of Johnny Parks at one of the Street Rod Nationals. I want to say this is at St Paul Fairgrounds. I have been there for the Back to the 50s and I remember the Culligan Man sign. The photo was a reprint of a scan, so I could not zoom in well enough on the event badge. I remember he was trying to flip car he was standing next to, I can see that his registration number 96 on his window sticker. The shirt he has is one of the old V8 shop, I actually have that shirt although its a little worse for wear. It would be a neat project to recreate it. JohnnyParks2.jpg

19. ken1939

ken1939

This is the best I can do for Jack right now. He was a big 40 Ford Guy. He had two, the race car and the driver. Known as "Famous". I remember he had it painted gold, and the hood dinged the fender tops, then it had flames after that. The last paint job it has was a candy red. Trying to find a photo. This is Jack Moriarty next to a 32 Roadster he had. Mark Gissendander from GIS in Pittsburgh put it together for him, I was fortunate to do the trim for it. This photo is about 3 years before Jack had passed from pancreatic cancer. jacknroadster.jpg

20. Love the old photos. Please post up anymore that you find.........Don.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  21. 31 B'ville

31 B'ville
    from SE Pa
    1. All Things Pontiac

22. 31 B'ville

31 B'ville
    from SE Pa
    1. All Things Pontiac

23. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Lacy Hunt's T Touring car with my 40 Willys coupe in the background. I'm also the one looking down in the white shirt. Also I'm going to take a guess that is the late Joe Landi's 27 T sedan on the left barely visible. We would all go down together as a club. Vintage Tin of Long Island.

Pat

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  24. .....................................Great hair, man! You still got all of that?:D;)

25. I have always loved the late Jim Ewing's Super Bell coupe,that car screamed hot rod in a sea of resto rods,nothing wrong with resto but that car got in my eyes!

I saw it for the first time at the Nat's South when they were held in Winston Salem,North Carolina.HRP

[​IMG]

26. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Not even close! I think that is Richie Venza in the RED cowboy hat and shirt and Posie's panel truck on the left (yellow).

Pat

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. noboD

noboD

What's the word on Tommie?

28. noboD

noboD

Isn't that Frank sitting on HIS tire?

29. Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  30. 1934coupe

1934coupe

It might be I did see Joe Troilo at Timonium with the Willys as a street rod and spoke with him on several occasions about the car. At that time there were a few Willys coupes there, I'm just not positive that one is it. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Pat

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.