Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time to show the bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fast Eddie, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Its about time to show a picture of the t-bucket ive been working on. Now keep in mind it is a kit, i do plan on making parts for the bucket but those parts i dont have to worry about my safety with. Im planning on putting the engine and transmission in this weekend, neighber had a friend who let me borrow his hoist., no rafters involoved.

Attached Files:

2. and another

Attached Files:

3. Meester P

Meester P

Always had a liking for the Tbucket,loads of smiles and fun to drive.
    But wait what is that I spie in the background?? A servicar perhaps,seems bikers like T's.
    ;)
    john

4. Fender

Fender
    BANNED
    from Detroit,MI

in Flint I hope you are using a Buick motor! Nice progress. I remember the big t bucket fad and always wanted to do one for my own.

5. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

that's looking good! ...sure to generate smiles.......

thanks for sharing...

6. jdubbya

jdubbya

Looking good Eddie, keep us posted. -Joe

7. primer

primer
    from clio mich

lookin right on so far:cool:

8. That in the background is my moms harley trike. Im fighting for garage space with that, a trailor for it and her tahoe. Sucks living at home, but theres no rent so more money for the bucket.

I would love to use a buick, half my family has worked for buick, but there too expensive for me. Sbc is what i have for it, and unfrortunatly its not even a flint block. The Truck and bus plant light up the nights near me. Hoped it would be from around here.

9. Jimv

Jimv

I did the same thing as you did, Its worth it when its done.
    I'll tell ya this & rememebr it" You're not going to beleive how much fun a t-bucket is to drive"!!!
    I love every minute i'm in my car.
    I don't know what engine you're using but there also pretty quick!! I had a 305 in mine & had alot of trouble with it, so i replaced it with a Tired 350 & its so much faster!!!
    jimV

10. muffman58

muffman58

I think everyone has secretly always wanted a T-Bucket at one time or another. I think your off to a heck of a start! What kinda ''KIT'' you using? Looks like a Total Performance but I don`t remenber the rear kick up being like that. Keep up the work and it will be running in no time!

11. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Nice looking T, a buddy of mine is collecting parts to build up a T as well. That's an 8" Ford rear or 9"? Could you post pics of the steering set-up, crank and draglink? I'd like to come up some time and check it out in person, maybe take a few measurements:D . My parents live in Davison, probably not too far from you.

12. 53Nailhead

53Nailhead

Fast Eddie, very nice, what motor you droppin' in? A 'Nailhead'?:D

13. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

X 2! Just build it in a traditional early style to give it some soul!

Rafters? Theres a memory! LOL
    My friend and I were getting set up to put the engine in his ride, tossed a 6' length of heavy tube up into the open rafters to spread the load out a bit from the chain hoist we were gonna use.....damn thing turned sideways and crashed to the floor right on top of his newly rebuilt T400, cracking a chunk from the bellhousing that included 3 of the 6 mounting ears!!!!

Learned a few new words that day!!! Hahahaha

Once he calmed down we bolted the pieces back together using a standard bellhousing as a jig and had it TIGed. Worked perfect.

Spend a day sorting out the garage, you'll have more fun with the project!
    (I HATE cleaning up too! ;) :D )

14. I have a small block chevy 350 i built about 4 years ago for a s-10 i had. That was part of the reason i decided to begin the build. Had it sitting around for that long taunting me, with nothing to put it in. The s-10 died on me and had to get a new car since it was my only means of transportation.

Its a total performance kit, has a ford 8" with 2.79 gears. Hasnt been to bad putting it together. Now its starting to come down to smaller parts, mostly engine parts.

I plan on sticking with traditional styling, keeping it simple without a bunch of fancy shiny stuff.

Hopefully i have the thing running by summer.

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Lookin good!! Ifn ya need a hand, just lemme know.
    I've been workin' on a top secret battery box/stuff holder. This weekend, I should have it installed and ready to rock.

16. JasonK

JasonK

Looks good. y brother had a t-bucket. It was a blast to drive!! I would like to build one myself. ;)

17. Eddie...........the hard work is really paying off..........looking nice bro!! :)

18. butch27

butch27

Eddie: Do not use the 3/8" self tapping bolts for the trans mount to the frame. They WILL work harden over time and break. You know Michigan roads! I made threaded slugs and drilled holes in the frame where they mount and welded them in before mounting the trans or the engine mounts.. Be safe..

19. OFT

OFT

Looking good. I have had several T's and they are a blast. Just sold my last one (23 dirt track style with trutle deck) this past Sept. Thinking hard on cloning the "Big T" by Monogram/Starbird. R&C did a series late summer/fall said front end was exattly. Look at pic's and it is not.
    Yours is looking good and you'll have a blast!!

20. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

keep the gear in the r/e. i have a similiar gear in mine. with big tires it will still fry the hydes.:)

21. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Uh, yeah....didn't get jack done this weekend. SHould be runnin' wild by Friday nite for the Redneck Rodeo.

22. lehr

lehr

Hey Pete is that box fireproof, you dont want to burn your ass again.

23. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Everyone's a comedian.....

24. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

those are kinda growing on me, now i have to figure out why?...

25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

26. Thanks for the great posts. 2 weekends ago i got the engine and transmission in. Before i paint i might try to find someone to weld in the engine and transmission crossmemebers, that was suggested. Spent last week working on the windshiled. Dont have many tools to work with so bending steel meant a ratchet strap and a close line pole, and cutting it meant my dremel, but its coming along. Hopefully this weekend i will be getting some engine parts. Distributer, starter, water pump, alternator, but we'll see. Im aiming for completion by april 22 for the lawrence tech open house. Ill post an up to date picture when i get home from work.
    Its fun to work on, one of my buddys who has been helping me doesnt get out of work till 11 at night so that is when we usually work on it. A weekend when we dont have anything to work on just kills us.