Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods TIME TO PLAY NAME THAT CAR!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jangleguy, Aug 14, 2015.

1. jangleguy

jangleguy

Okay you guys, I know this photo has been posted here before, so someone here knows something about this Kansas City coupe. I'm supposed to write an informative caption for it and don't even know what kind of car I'm looking at here. What say ye, oh mystics of the HAMB kingdom??? Step right up and be a hero! 3-55.jpg

2. 2racer

2racer

I'll play after my nap...

3. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

It's a Dickfur!:D But seriously that would be a 1932 Ford five window coupe. would love to know the history on it.

4. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks guys. But no, it isn't a Ford, but might have used some Ford parts. And some Mopar pieces. And... Or it could just be an 'orphan car' that I'm not familiar with.

5. milo1303s

milo1303s

32Ford 5 window coupe with a flathead V8 chopped, channeled, with custom hood sides!!!

Speed Gems likes this.
  6. indyjps

indyjps

Name it "Regrets, I've had a few" from the Sinatra song My Way.
    Whoever traded a Duece for a 49 or later Chevy, has been telling that coulda should story for at least 30 years. Should kept my 32.

7. clem

clem

1932 Chev/ Buick or something.....they all look the same to me......Got more pics?

8. Unless a better pic reveals something we're not seeing, it IS a '32 Ford 5wndw body.

Speed Gems and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. ...................Sure looks like it to me as well.

40fordtudor likes this.
  10. I enhanced the photo and I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and say it's a 32 Ford 5 window also.

It has been chopped and channeled. HRP

[​IMG]

11. Door handle looks 32ish as does the hole thing.

12. TERPU

TERPU

That's a '32 Hudson or Terraplane 5 window. Or it looks pretty close. those 5 windows shared similar body panels with the Fords.

13. Don't think so,'32 Hudson coupes have suicide doors and the quarter windows are much narrower. HRP

40fordtudor and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. .........................Don't think so. If this is a '32 Hudson Coupe it ain't even close.:eek:

Attached Files:

40fordtudor likes this.
  15. I am going to agree with the 1932 Ford i.d.....slightly chopped. yellow coupe.jpg

16. Hudson did hare some body panels but thoughts are that they were from the 33-34 ford bodies.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

31 Olds Deluxe?

18. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

The area under the rear window looks like it could possibly be from a Model A (can't see it well) but the rest says '32 Ford five window coupe to me.

19. Tony

Tony

I've looked at that photo for too long now trying to find things that *dont* look like a 32 5 window and i'm just not finding them.

That being said, i too am in the 32 Ford camp on this.

Tony

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. roundvalley

roundvalley

'32 5 window with a longer hood?

21. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks guys! As Speed Gems said, I thought the rear of the cab looked Model Aish, but the front looked Deucish. Then I thought the A-pillars looked Moparish, then I realized I had looked at it for too long and was starting to see unicorns and mermaids in it. So I brought it here. The quarters seem bulbous for a '32, but that could be related to the unicorn/mermaid thing. It's probably just a Deuce 5-window that someone made awkward by mistake, so they tried to get rid of the thing. Or it could be a right-on '32, shot at an awkward angle. Whatever it is, thanks for playing!

22. jangleguy

jangleguy

PS: Thanks for the tune-up, HRP!