Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thx from the Kontinentals.....It seemed like a Dream

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Jefe, Apr 14, 2010.

1. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Wow. Once again the dream is over. You wake up in Austin today and where'd everybody go. I could have sworn this place was full of some of the sweetest rides and they were everywhere you looked in this town last week.....and poof they dissappear. Well it sure seemed like a dream. I want to thank everyone for coming to Central Texas(Austin, Hutto, Taylor, Driftwood and all points in between). What a glorious week. Much thanks to all my fellow Kontinentals and sister club The Fender Skirts for putting on one of the finest shows in the world. Reggie and Norm the dynamic swapmeet duo along w/ the real workhorse Sweet Beverly who keeps those two in line did an incredible job in the showbarn. Everyone, sellers and buyers were happy. Hey and Reggie thanks for opening up your shop and feeding so many on Thursday. You are the man and the welcome committee and a true friend. Thanks also to Billy M and the Thunderbolts for helping quench everyone's thirst on Thursday in Taylor. I know this thing has really grown and there is a ton of folks rambling thru your shop and house. A big thanks also goes out to Mark Gufstason and the Donut Gang Car Club for leading the charge on the garage crawl on Fri morn. It just another little perk folks get when they come to this show. Big thanks to A.S.S., Pipeworx and Merc Charlie for opening their shops for the crawl. It not like you did'nt have anything to do, so big applause for that. Also want to really thank all the guys that went on the cruise for taking the time and making the effort to swing by the Dell Children's Hospital before heading out to the Expo Center. You made alot of very sick kids very happy. I know, becuase one of my friend's little boy is in the hospital there and not only did he get to see all the cars he got a ride in one. Y'all made a lot of kids smile and for that I say thanks. It goes along way. Thanks to The Yay-Hoos for organizing which is quickly becoming the biggest minibike event of the year. Sorry things went south a bit on Sat, but glad to hear Tabitha will someday race again. Man its a blast watching y'all race. John and Bob and Rocco and the gang at A.S.S. thanks for giving folks something to do on Saturday night and getting a few of them off S.Congress for a spell. The Paladins rocked the house. It was really cool having them back together. Merc Charlie thanks for hosting the party on Sunday at your place. I know it was well attended and everyone had fun out there. Also want to thank Mike Norton who is the director at the Expo Center. They bust their asses to get that place ready for us right after the rodeo leaves town and it shows. Can not forget the City of Austin, esp APD for being so cool and letting everyone have fun on Congress Ave and stay safe at the same time. Hats off to them. Also a big thanks goes out to John Mearns and Acme Speed Shop who joined up w/ us this year as a sponsor and made all the killer banners everywhere and the beautiful trophies that were used for the "picks" this year( I will come back and try to post pics of all the cars that won and who picked them). Also we all know that this show would not go off w/o all the help from Ryan and Marcie and this forum they have created. Ryan has done so much for us and absolutely hides in the shadows......wish more folks could be like him. Love you like a brother. Lastly I really want to thank Will & Brian for killin themselves w/ full time jobs for the last 5 months to make this show go every year. Partners for life.
    It is hard to believe that this show has continued to grow like it has and maintain the quality it does. It is a testament to all the folks that attend and the cars they bring to Austin. The quality of the stuff this year was the best ever. I mean it was stellar !!! I look at all the pics and there are very few cars I would not drive home. I mean some killer stuff. So the ultimate thanks goes out to all of you who bring the goods, we just provide the back drop. So thanks again to everyone. I know I am forgetting some and will come back and edit, but shit it was great to have all our friends in town for a week. It wasn't a dream was it?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  2. Steve, and all the folks who put this show on. It is by far the best show out there. It shows us all how devoted you all are. It takes months to put something like this together, and a ton of us take for granted that y'all do this for us all to enjoy. It is appreciated more than words can say. I know my daughter had the time of her life this year. We took over 2000 pictures between her and I and we both made more life long friends this year. My daughter and I THANK ALL OF YOU who are behind putting this show on, and someday hope to help in any way we can. Thanks again for the whole weekend starting Thursday at Reggies and Billy's.

Will and Miranda Modglin

3. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

It was the best round up since the move from the little park..... Amazing job to everyone involved! Fun times for sure....... thank you!

4. Steve,you are too modest..You deserve a standing ovation for all your hard work!!!! Congratsulations on a job well done..now get some well deserved rest..see ya next year.

5. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

I agree this show was awesome! THis is the first one Ive been to, and makes me regret missing the other 8. KInd of overwhelming to a newbie keeping track of everything thats going on. Seems like you could spend the whole weekend without hitting the expo center and still have a blast. We know to make a "to-do" list next year! Thanks again for a great show!!

6. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Steve,
    Got a great deal for you. Ya'll keep doing what you do and we'll keep doing what we do at the LSR!!! ( we got the easy job--showing up and enjoying the fruits of all you guys and gals labor! )
    Never thought you would come close to outgrowing the fairgrounds......but Saturday was packed! We left for other endeavors at 5:00 p.m. and folks were STILL buying their way in for the first time! WOW!

I am reminded of a classic BUZZARD post after the Chupacabras epic show in North Texas last fall that lots of Austin folks attended and will paraphrase it, hopefully with his blessing:
    "The weather sucked, the people were rude, the rides were junk, food was horrible, a total waste of time. NOBODY bother to come next year!......ssshhhhh!
    Eddy and Jill from Dallas

7. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Thanks Steve for all you guys have done. The hotrod scene/ community in Austin wouldn't be even close to what it is if it wasn't for you guys. Can't wait for number TEN!
    Congratulations guys,
    John

8. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Unbeatable weekend. Absolutely the best time ever. Thank you guys for making it happen, and thanks to all the participants for making it memorable. What a great time!

9. nobozo

nobozo

Can't wait until next year! Could it be longer?

10. 46stude

46stude

I absolutely agree with that. Thanks to all of y'all who work your asses off to put on this event.

11. moter

moter

Thanks for a great time! also thanks for the great weather!!!

Btw...any idea if there are going to be more t-shirts printed? Ran out of XL and larger by noon Saturday :(

12. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

That was a really fun week! Thank you very much to everyone who organized another mind blowing LSRU and for allowing all of us to have such a great hot rod vacation right here in our own backyard!

13. Thanks to all involved!I flew in for the 4th time from Mass. and as usual I felt right at home!

14. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Thanx for making this show the best in the nation! And It was great meeting you Saturday Nite at the Contienetal Club.:cool:

15. What a show!

Thank you Steve, Reggie, Norm and the rest for doing this. You really make me want to pull up stakes and move my operation to Austin...

Steve

16. John Denich

John Denich

It seems Cliche but I am really at a loss for words! Steve and the Kontinentals are a class act. I have that feeling today like I am missing somthing! like when the summers over and your out of town childhood crush goes back to the city! I can't thank you enough Steve for the hospitality, The only thing that sucks is the rest of the summer is now ruined! All the rest of the shows will pale in comparison to the Round Up! I am Staying at the Austin Motel or the San Jose next year for sure! Even if I have to spend New Years in Austin to get my room.

THANKS STEVE....

John

17. Thanks Steve and everyone else!

18. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Had an absolute blast! It doesn't get any better than this. Big thanks to all involved.

19. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

Steve, and the rest of the Kontinentals -

Thank You. Not just for the show, but for having a vision of what a great car show could be, and assembling the team that makes it happen, every year. This show is as big as it is, and as wonderful as it is, because y'all WANT it to be done right, and work hard to realize that ideal.

And congratulations, on creating such a success. Well done (again)!

20. THEKID49

THEKID49

A big Thanks to everyone involved. Me and my buddy made the trip out from south Florida, and everyone we met made us feel at home. We will be back for sure. This Saturday we are having a party to show off our pictures and videos, and to rub it in to the other guys that did not make the trip. From Wednesday till Sunday it was by far the best show/party we have been to.

Mike

21. studhud

studhud

Steve and the Kontinentals YOU GUYS ARE BAD ASS!!!!!! My first time to the round up thanks to the "power of the hamb"(tm) I put a post on where to go as we got there monday I didnt have a clue. Javier Said Dog and Duck club. So me and my gal went, met up with locals, looked at cars and ran into a friend "HOTRODJOE" from the bay area who moved to Austin three years ago. First nite in town I run into a guy I hadnt seen in three years which was totally cool. Whats weird is the last time I saw Joe I said I would see him at the round up which we both remembered! It only took a while to get off my ass and make the trip. I also bumped into El Jefe who invited us down to the club and gave us the tour and made us feel like family. A BIG thanks Jefe for all the Texas hospitality! I had a blast the town, the people and all the cars was a great time! I will be Back for sure!
    Thanks Round Up!!
    Dave Hitch

22. Steve,
    Well....you kind of "covered it in your post".....WHAT A COOL WEEKEND:D.....THANKS to everyone, however involved:cool:, YOU are what makes this such a great event.....lets see now.... 359 days to wait until LSRU 2011:eek:....Whooo Hooooo

23. BELLM

BELLM

My only regret about Roundup is that I missed #1. Just keeps getting bigger & better every year. Steve you really have got good connections to have arranged the weather this year, perfect. My only other regret is that I did not get to see you and a bunch of other friends this year, too many people, too much to do! Can't wait for # 10!

24. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Too all involved, thanks for the enjoyment...

Steve, see you soon....

25. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

What a blast!Thanks for another great show.Looking forward to next year already.Old cars,BBQ,beer and lawn chairs......awesome

26. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Great to meet you Mike!
    My wife and I made the trip from Florida also. That was the best show I have ever been to! No shit! I'm still downloading pictures videos. I will make a post soon.

27. Harris

Harris

Firstly thank all of you for putting on an experience rather than just another car show.

My wife and I look forward to this all year long, and we always try to introduce others to it as well, this year we managed to get a buddy of mine and his wife - they both had a blast and are already planning for next year!

By far the best thing I heard/saw this weekend was Saturday afternoon when two older men were walking thru the sea of cars and I overheard one say to the other "you see Texas KNOWS haw to throw a fuckin' show"

28. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

I love this show so much! I'm proud to be a Texan, I'm proud to be a Thunderbolt and DAMN proud to be a HAMBER for LIFE!

29. desertdroog

desertdroog

I had a great time and will be back next year.

30. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Saying Thanks just doesnt seem enough. The RoundUp is so much more than a car show. Every year I seem to step back in time to my childhood. Seeing the Roth, Starbird, Watson type customs and the Grabowski T. Add to that racing a minibike! My wife just stood there shaking her head as I loaded up the minibike this year. She ask, "What are you ,12 years old?" I grin and say, yep! At least for a weekend.
    Ed