Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thom Taylor's "Americruiser"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bdamfino, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

Back in '93 when Rod & Custom kicked off their first Americruise, Thom Taylor and Pete Eastwood built a '35 Delivery with a '36 nose, left it in primer with a few comforts and drove to the event. Whatever became of this beater?:confused:

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

What I liked about the build was that the modifications were supposed to have been all bolt-on. If I remember right, they left us hangin' on the completed car...:confused:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I have a bunch of pics of it from 93 Americruise, but I too have not seen it since. I was one of my favotite cars then. I hope it has not changed much!!

4. Can ya post 'em?

5. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Anyone know how to get a hold of Taylor or Eastwood? They would be a good place to start.

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Timely thread! At least for me! Lately, I've been jones-ing for those stories and can only find a couple of them, seems like there were at least 4 articles. The weekend build turned into quite a while longer but, that's how it goes....

7. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Here's Thom's email:
    [email protected]

8. Those guys cracked me up that weekend. They were about 3/4 blasted and were cruising around the Springfield fairgrounds in that 35 delivery. Jangleguy and I were cruising the grounds in my gray primer 49 ford coupe. Everytime we'd pass each other Thom Taylor'd hang out the window and yell out.' Hey, you oughta get a 49 ford coupe, primer it, lower it down and put polished americans on it! Hahahahaha"
    Wierd. Those 2 were having just a little too much fun. I'll bet they both sported giant hangovers the next day...
    Good guys tho. P-wood told me some great stories about his family and his early years... I never saw the delivery again.

Attached Files:

KKrod likes this.
  9. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

Thom sold it a little over a year or two ago to a guy in Central California that has finished it.

10. Juke Joint Johnny

Juke Joint Johnny

It's alive and well, although it's no longer a "beater". A good friend of mine has owned it for several years now, and recently completed it the way Thom was going to do. I've watched him meticulously rebuild this car, keeping as much of it's original character intact, and I can tell you it's beautiful! It now has the Rod&Custom logo on both sides and is finished in the color Thom intended - British Racing Green. Blackie Gegeian invited him to show it at the last Fresno Autorama. Alot of people saw it and probably didn't realize it was the same car. I've got pictures of it, but my buddy's kind of a private guy, so I should ask him before I post 'em.

11. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

I took these super-secret spy photos in Sept. of '05. 2 years ago. Click and see.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12708346@N04/sets/72157601960992157/show/

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Here's pics of a good friend's 36, started in 1988.
    [​IMG]

13. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Any recent Pic"s of this mystery car...

14. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

No one remembers this car?...

15. Thoms original concept

Attached Files:

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

I remember it as well , I often wondered what became of it, and would love to see some current pics of it...

17. I seem to remember that the dash got painted in a really different kind of "confetti" pattern... wonder if it still looks like that? Some current pics would be cool to see.

-Dave

18. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

And still no picture...........

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

If I am not mistaken last year I believe an issue came out with the finished version. It still has the original Rod and Custom logo on it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  20. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Who"s got that issue........Please...

21. matt73

matt73
    from va

went digging last night
    June 93 R&C part 1
    August 93 part 2 (first monthly issue)
    September 93 part 3