Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects This sounds like a scam.........your thoughts, please?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evintho, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Selling a guitar amp on Craigslist, I got that same message, almost word for word. I emailed back that I would only take cash and they got pretty huffy with me, like I insulted them. I left it at that, and never heard from them again. Scam for sure.

2. wicarnut

wicarnut

Suggest when you sell anything, define term's in listing, "Cash Only Sale", covers subject pretty clearly, Sad the level that the world and our own country has slipped down to. Have stated this before, Honesty, Integrity, Common Courtesy/Manner's are becoming a rarity.

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cash only. Local sale only. Sale will be completed at the DMV, where you (the buyer) will complete the registration paperwork and title transfer. You (the buyer) will bring a copy of your driver's license, and proof-of-insurance for me (the seller) to keep on record.

Cover your ass.

4. Haha,

SPAM
    on HAMB

p.s; As stated herewithin, shit show this Christine.

5. Sporty45

Sporty45

I like this idea! But I wouldn't want to send them my address to send the check to. If I had a PO box though... :p

6. I got about the same scam the other day on my dodge This guy said he would send some one to pick it up with the agreed price.Said he was buying it for his girl friend and didn't want her to know and he was in the air force.Then the red flag popped up for me. He said you still getting my texs?, I said the car was sold. He starts on me then why are you wasting my time.I said because your a scammer. He started cussing me out and I told him to get lost. Never heard from him again. I sell in person face to face only.Bruce