Register now to get rid of these ads!

This person seems upset over a car deal...(ebay)... HAMB mentioned.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Jan 25, 2007.

1. ...more like PI$$ED 0FF.

Someone (not me) suggested that they post it here... so they might be along any minute to tell the story...

What a funny shock as I was reading it, to see the HAMB mentioned... Looks cut and paste to me, because it appears in both auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260079324443

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260079589438

Anyone ever deal with Sakowski Motors...?

I did a search on the HAMB and found two hits... both by 1OLDTIMER about jobs available there...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109712&highlight=sakowski

JOE:cool:

2. ratstar

ratstar

Sounds like a death threat.

3. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

Seems like the legality of this along with the car should be in question. Glad it's not me.

4. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

Wow, They must be pissed! It costs $50 for each Ebay car listing! I'm surprised they haven't pulled it yet.

5. Degreaser

Degreaser

ooh, pretty slanderous stuff there. dead battery, leaking gas? maybe its a stuck float. pretty ballsy putting that on e-bay.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It confuses me why some people think TJJ and the HAMB is a police force of some kind. There isn't a damn thing we can do to get this guy his money back.

7. 8flat

8flat

Yeah, he's just looking to spread as much bad publicity as he can to pressure old Lekowski into refunding his money...... The bad thing is that Lekowski gets a bad rap whether he deserves it or not...who knows the real story.

8. Squablow

Squablow

The dealer may well be a crook for all I know, but I have to question someone who buys an old car "in #1 condition" and wants to use it as a daily driver. #1 condition (as defined by Old Cars Price Guide and reprinted in every Year One catalog) is nearly impossible to reach, and certainly wouldn't be something you'd find on a used car lot for $10K.

Also, a fuel leak sucks and puts the car off the road for a while, but it's not THAT big of a deal. If it needs a new fuel line, pump, tank, or whatever is leaking, no matter what it is, it's not going to take more than a few hundred dollars to replace the faulty part.

Old cars are old cars, no matter where you buy them from or how much you pay. An experienced old car owner would know that, they would have fixed the problem in their driveway in an hour's time and quit their bellyaching about it.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this guys an idiot. wonder what he bought?? wonder if he even saw it before bidding?

checked his bidding history and saw no car purchases. who know's what the real story is.

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'm really surprised ebay hasn't pulled that yet. Just like usual, here we are minding our own business and we get roped into a fight!

11. Dontcha know that's the way it always happens...:p

12. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

I got into the same conversation with Chopped50Ford last night. Once the buyer hands the money to the seller, That's it. There should be no argument there. There should be a certain amount of skepticism when purchasing a car especially old tin. Not checking thouroughly or test driving would be the buyer's mistake. Do I think it's right to mis-represent the car. F%#! No. but as a consumer, get someone knowledgable or inspect real real good, because once money exchanges hands, That shoud be the end of it. Man up on your deals would be my advice and not bitch back to the seller. my .02

Chevnut

13. OLLIN

OLLIN

Never dealt with the guy, but I met him at a carshow in Venice Beach when he was first opening his shop and he gave me a flier. Seems from looking at his website sakowskimotors.com like he's sold a lot of cars...

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

15. williebill

williebill

What am I missing here? the guys ad says he's in Seymour,TN (just up the road from me),and the "bad guy" is in California???? And the car has been towed back and forth??
    Something smells funny,and not in a good way

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

True true chevnut!

17. Degreaser

Degreaser

I noticed the same thing. Also noticed "no warranty expressed or implied".

18. OLLIN

OLLIN

I wonder if sakowski consigns cars to sell for other people or what? the item location is a couple of hours south of LA. That seems like a pretty original car for the price though, If anything it might have needed some electrical work and new fuel line or something..

Ps. the HAMB is amazing, look what a small world it is! Just on the first page of this thread you got 2 HAMB'ers that live a stones throw away from both seller and buyer.

19. wvenfield

wvenfield

1. The poster doesn't link to the car they bought. 2. The link provided here states nothing of the kind of it being in #1 condition. Matter of fact, they show the rust in the trunk quite plain.

It's also very plain to see the repaint on the rear quarter.

20. Thanks for posting this JYD.

Now I know not to sell anything to "abluedragonness".

Stupid hillbillies.

JH

21. If that really is the car in question, & I don't see a way to tell for sure...

1) "No warranties expressed or implied."
    2) "Sold as is, where is."
    3) "All sales final."
    4) Don't see a damn thing about "#1 condition"...

Caveat emptor......for $5900, doesn't look too bad to me..but I live in the Rust Belt. :)

22. Bitch bitch bitch....It sucks, but it is also a very old car...on a USED car lot to boot. What do you expect? PLUS no warranty was written in the add. I hate to side with a car lot, But.....DUH!

23. B-Man

B-Man

There seems to be a lot of people out there who think that owning a classic (or just old) car simply involves signing a check. I ahve had several friends that wanted something "cool" to drive instead of their Hondas and Toyotas. Then they jump feet first into something that I feel might only need a little work and they expect it to run and drive like a new car. they are surprised that no shop wants to mess with the thing and I end up having to screw with it because they can't. I'd much rather be working on my own worthless unreliable crap, that I love dearly.
    I no longer go "look at cars" with these people. If they buy something and can't take care of it, it's all on them. I can't stand the mentality that to own something "cool" that you have to spend a ton of money an buy all the "accepted" parts, but I do feel there is a certain level of automotive savy needed.

24. Isnt a dragonness a female....hell most of us know better than gettin in the revenge path of a female :)

25. these kind of people suck! cut that fuckers tongue out!

26. I guess I'm just getting in touch with my inner dumbass, but I can't see WTF involvement sakowski is supposed to have here...

The seller of the supposed-ripoff-wildcat was "autoelectrik" located in Encinitas; there is no mention in the ad of sakowskimotors or any related name.

The sakowskimotors.com website lists their addy as being in downtown LA; probably about 75 miles or so from Encinitas.

checking the selling history for sakowskimotors:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback

I see transactions going back to 2003. This car was just bought in Nov '06.

What a fuckin' goat rope. Maybe bluedragoness needs 10,000 HAMB'ers to email...

Screw it, I'm gonna' take a nap.

-bill

27. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

28. wvenfield

wvenfield

You are likely right that, that isn't the car in question. Still good point on them backing out.

29. hvychvy

hvychvy

I think the ebay add said in the heading that it was a 40.I'd hafe to agree,looks like the other is a deal he backed out on.I guess he thinks he bought a brand new car,if you don't want to work on it ,or pay someone else too,don't get a classic:eek:

30. Steve

Steve

interesting the guy didn't even leave sakowski motors negative feedback on ebay. He has 100% somehtings fishy