Register now to get rid of these ads!

this is where the good iron goes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod-Linkin, May 19, 2009.

1. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i live in shawnee okla and in my youth made friends with a family that owned the ford and edsel dealership,later just fords and stayed in touch my whole life. bob never sold many used cars and would just fence the lots in when they got full and move to a new spot. one was full of 50's -60's,one had 70's 80's. he had building after building full of cars from 1901 to 1970's muscle .
    bob was well known around the auction circuit for buying anything with wheels. when one building got full he built another. one day he got the bright idea to sell cars to the japanese,we must have shipped 3 or 400 cars out of shawnee.32 fords by the dozen. roadsters,coupes,vickies,
    rolls royces,lincoln zEphyrs..it was enough to make you cry.
    when the cars got to japan,the owner was having a huge building erected to put these cars in,in the meantime he stored them under an overpass...then the earthquake hit.it destroyed every car that was shipped ....there was not even a fender left.
    bob died a few years later and brother bill and john got the cars.i've been selling these cars for 3 years now,most of the good rod stuff is gone,but still some good stuff left.
    bobk came by last year and toured the buildings...before it's all gone you guys need to come look at what's left .i'll show you the newspaper article with the transport truicks and all those 32 fords headed to japan,then we can all cry.

BOB TOWNSEND ANTIQUE CAR MUSEUM SHAWNEE OKLA

2. Swiss50chevy

Swiss50chevy

Yup, me and some buddys would really like to check em out.

3. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Hmmm, Pott County. That county still owned by the mob :p

4. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

the mob....no,but if you ever get back here,,,might be a warrant for you....

5. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

when did this all take place Hotrod-linkin ? Mid 90s? Alot of Vintage Guitars were also sold over there.. the Yen was strong then..

6. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i want to say 94-95 time frame. it was a time i'd like to quit haveing nightmares about.