Register now to get rid of these ads!

This is the story about three swedes and a buy on ebay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abbe, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

I took a simuilar trip 2 years ago. North Carolina to California via I-40. Great story, Have fun and keep a good watch on Larry.

2. C'mom Blue one, give these guys some credit :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

3. this story is great! you guy are living the dream of a lot of people.

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Abbe, I'm glad the car is holding up, and you are getting to see our country. There are lots of good people here. Did the cross country thing twice in my old '56 F-100 and it was a blast. Lots of cool stuff to see and cool people to meet.
    I hope to get to Sweden someday, as my great great grandfather came from there in the 1870's. I've seen how you folks wail the hell out of your cars and it looks like a blast. Aloha!

5. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem
    BANNED
    from Las Vegas

you guys have a 10 pound pair of brass balls each. Awesome idea. wish i could do that

6. sololobo

sololobo

My name is Larry and I am pleased to see such a sweet car once driven by another Larry. Your trip is so great and I am pleased you cats took such a fun adventure, you know if you would have trouble your H.A.M.B. brothers and sisters would help rescue you!! Rock on bros. ~Sololobo~

7. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

Hi again
    Well we are now in Dfw and we here we meet Ken.The guy that took us everywere. more of that later. K was at the swaapmeet selling some ford stuff . The frst day of the swaap it was raining like hell and we went for some food while it was passing. E and D had spotted a Galaxie 66 i think it was that they were intrested in. so after a talk with the guy that ovned it we desided to go to his place the day after. Here we were lucky to have ken with us. we used his van to go there. Yes it´s nice to go with a 46 chevy , but guys it´s hot like hell in Dfw( remenber we are from sweden snow you know) so a van with ac was´t a bad idea . So we went to Kens place in the mornng and went for a wild car chase.
    O yes the dog is Frito Kens dog

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  8. missysdad1

missysdad1

You guys were lucky to hook up with Ken. Good dude.

9. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

Belive me we know. the story will go.

10. big bad john

big bad john

.....Great road trip........I've enjoy the whole trip.......

11. Outlaw Bender

Outlaw Bender

Great to see more Swedes makin a similar trip that i made in -99.
    I took a lastminute trip to Miami and ended up in Marietta Georgia.
    Visited a local Mopar junkyard there.
    And realized that everyhings is bigger in the US, including the Rain.
    Enjoy the trip guys! Ps it was snowing 4" here yesturday. :(

12. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Subscribed, killer story!!

13. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

great story, glad to hear the car was everything you were wanting in a car too. i have dealt with jan forsberg of sweden for years buying up 50s cars over here and shipping via houston tx.

14. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

great adventure u guys glad u had a good time and everyone helped u out and that the car u bought was a good one. come back again anytime

15. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Awsome!! Great times with friends and of course a awsome fleetline to boot! Love those fleetlines!! Thanks for all the posts and story!

16. Mungamongo

Mungamongo

Hi Tim ,did I meet you and your dad at VLV 2007 ? I was there with Ulf and Daniel . Met u among tiresmoke and alot of booze at the parking lot so the memory isnt the best...:eek:

/Jonte

17. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

Grat´s with the sweet car "Larry", great story, even if its a little disappointment to hear many americans are arfraid doing their own country crossing. You showed some of the car enthusiast life in Scandinavia (even Sweden is lot better in long run crossing), and hope you did get a hell-of-a-ride! i envy YOU!!!!

18. abbe , Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

19. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Wow, what a great story.

20. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

As i said before Ken is the guy to talk to when it comes to findng cars for sale. Life is easier when a local men can help you. so we went to charlies salvage yard and took a closer look at the ford galaxie that he had for sale at the swapmeet. There we also meet Cornbread, a guy who was working there and later on helpt us alot. thanks Cb. But we had a problem with Larry too. the trunk was looked and we did not have any keys to the car exept for the igniton. so we could not lock the doors at night . So Ken helpt me with that. Keys to the doors we got from a local locksmith but for the trunk we could not fix it so we had to do it the traditinal way. out with the back seat and try to un screw the handle from the inside. Se sent in E with some tools and after a while we could get the trunk to open and close.

Attached Files:

21. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

The next day we went to the Stockyards and i think we made a sucsess with a ford 40 and a chevy 46. It´s a cool place .If you´r in DFW you have to go

Attached Files:

22. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

There we meet a friend of Ken´s that had build this car for his wife. Ken know thw name of this guy, i have forgotten it. Anyway it´s a cool car

Attached Files:

23. abbe

abbe
    from sweden

Here is some more pics from the stockyards. coooool place to be in...

Attached Files:

24. That was me, that was not my dad he is a good friend of mine but his son was there. I do remember meeting you there. Daniel and Ulf came by our place last year buying a car. Nice to talk to you again.

25. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Great story and very nice car!

26. 4t7flat

4t7flat

I just found this thread this morning,and I noticed that you thought the DFW swapmeet was a big one. Well, on your next trip to the US,you should plan on going to the Iola swapmeet In Wisconsin,or the Hershey meet in Pennsilvania. They make DFW seem like a garage sale.

27. skidsteer

skidsteer

This thread is great! You guys rock. It never ceases to amaze me, the great lengths guys from across the Pond will go to, to do some traditional rodding.

28. mopar210

mopar210

congrats on the car and the trip , i have been reading this thread with a great big smile on my face , and also some pride . glad to hear you have been treated well here in the good old U S of A . took a lot of balls , but it must of have been one hell of a good time for you guys . great story . todd

29. Chevy53

Chevy53

Finally our cars are here in Sweden!!!

30. weldtoride

weldtoride

Congratulations! I read this thread with interest back when you started, and always wondered how long it would take to get the cars there. Thanks for posting your amazing story.