Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects This followed me home from New Brunsfel Texas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead okie, Jun 20, 2009.

1. flathead okie

flathead okie

Damn, the Dallas, Waco, and Austin traffic on the way back was freaking terrible, 45 minutes just crawling in each town. How do you guys do it. Anyways maybe you seen me on the way back. I know I pissed off one guy, trying to cut in front of me but, ....it didn't happen. Started honking his horn and yelling for 3-4 minutes.. road rage deluxe.

Attached Files:

2. belair

belair

He musta been out of bullets. That's quite a go-cart yoou've got there.

3. Landseer

Landseer
    from VA

Whoa. Is that for real? NICE acquisition.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

I have always wanted one of these,.... what great lines !, there was one in the metro Detroit area in the 70's with a Lincoln 460 in it,.... I'm usually not a kit car fan,... but these 35 Auburns I really like. Congratulations !

5. flathead okie

flathead okie

Belair... he might have been but I wasn't out of bullets. As soon as he started going off I had the wife pull my gun out of the glovebox and put a clip in it.

HarmsWay.. Thanks, I've wanted one for awhile but couldn't afford one. This one needs everything, hopefully I'll have it going in a year.

6. flathead okie

flathead okie

The one you seen with the 460 must have been the Glenn Pray version. This one has a 350.

7. I'd drive that in a heartbeat! Nice score!

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well,..... spill the details, how and where did you find it ?

9. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Nice! My dad has always wanted one of them in that condition to redo... If you don't mind sharing, how much did that one go for? I saw one similar last year for around 7K, Ford powered.

10. Modeler Teysik

Modeler Teysik

Looks pretty good, nice condition

11. flathead okie

flathead okie

Ebay...........yeah it cost quite a bit. A little less than half of what you can buy a kit for now.
    I went to the Glenn Pray Auburn, Cord show last weekend and talked the wife into buying one. Until she seen the Auburns up close she didn't want to get one. We went there in our S.A.M.CO Cord (which I had to talk her into also.) here's some pics

Attached Files:

12. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Wish something like that would follow me home! Nice score man.

13. Great score, I love those things. I'll take mine in Classic Cream. I only live about 4 miles from the Glen Pray factory but I missed the open house!

14. brady1929

brady1929

15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I really love those cars,the kits with the real sizes are very good looking,vs the kits that for whatever were resized look bad,ya just can't play with the great style there were in the 30's and size was part of it.
    Great find:cool:

16. flathead okie

flathead okie

No Brady 1929 it's an Auburn boatail speedster.

17. flathead okie

flathead okie

Also, the Auburns and Cords that were built in a factory under the Auburn name are not refered to as "Kits", they are refered to as 2nd Generation Auburns and Cords. Boy... those guys get real huffy when you call 'em kits....FYI

18. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

One of my favorite cars. I got to sit in a real deal one at the gilmore museum. totaly awesome car .a cool kit car I might have to rethink my next project

19. Squablow

Squablow

I saw pics of your particular car when it was up for sale. If I had that car I would seriously consider just swapping out the modern looking parts (it had some ugly lights in it and some interior stuff that looked late model) but make it driveable with the old paint and rusty chrome intact. At least for a while.

With some tweaks that car would look like a barn fresh unrestored stocker, and that would be fun to drive for a while.

20. George G

George G

So please 'splane! Not orginal but a reproduction? Looks old. From the '70's ? What drive train etc.

21. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

Austin is the worst of all, I hate driving there!

22. flathead okie

flathead okie

it's a little rougher than it looked in the pic on ebay, I'm going to have to do quite a bit of work on it to make it driveable and presentable. i still couldn't have bought a kit and built it for the lesser amount of money I'll have in this. By the time I get done with this I shouldn't have 15k in it.

23. flathead okie

flathead okie

Actually it's a 1980 with chevy drivetrain. It is a 2nd generation Auburn, built in a factory with authorization to use the Auburn name. not a kit. In other words it is titled as an Auburn. The seller also had the wrong info on the company that repoduced it, but I bought it anyway because there is no way I could afford to buy one running, driveing, and in presentable condition.

24. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Is it a '29 or a '36? The top picture here is of a '29 and the bottom picture is a '35/'36 851
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. flathead okie

flathead okie

26. Very nice, kinda classy for the HAMB. Congrats.