Register now to get rid of these ads!

This could be interesting...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slefain, Oct 6, 2009.

1. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

My questioning may have finally paid off. My wife's family has been farming in South Georgia for a looong time. I had lunch with her great-uncle last week and asked jokingly if there were any old cars down on the farm. He said there is a '49 Ford I am welcome to if I want it. So now I am planning to wait until January (slow time on the farm, plus no foliage or snakes) to head down there and see what he gave me. I'm hoping the South Georgia weather has been kind to the old steel and it's not just a rusted out shell.

But that's not the cool part. It seems that my wife's great-grandfather's Model A is down there too. One uncle restored it years and years ago, then another uncle came and took it to his farm. The last time it was seen it was in a barn with stuff just piled all over it. So now I need to call up the other uncle and see if I can come look at the car. This might be tough as there is an old family fight and the brothers don't really talk anymore. I'm hoping that I am exempt from this fight as my wife's grandfather wasn't a part of the family fight. Part of me is selfish and wants the car for myself, but the other part wants the car to be back as part of the family. Maybe I can do both.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

do it in November , that way you can swing by Moultrie for the swap meet.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Well, if the family rift cannot be closed, you might find a reasonable substitute on your trip south. Best of luck either way!

4. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Do for the Wife. That gets you out of the fight and is an honerable endevour. Probably that will open closed doors with those who are in controll of the assets and not really in the fight. If youre worried about the fighters, Like they say in france, screw em.

5. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Is your last name "Fain", as in the family of "C.L. Fain"?

Yup, found out who is in control of the assets on the farm, and, pretty sure that their word will be the one to go by, and the one that will hold up , in a court of law, in Georgia................

6. BJR

BJR

Like they say in france, screw em.[/QUOTE]

I thought they said "I surrender"

7. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Nice score. My family didn't have the forsight to keep junk cars around, my pawpaw was a ford guy, as soon as it broke... off to the scrap yard it went. Steel means money. Get your wife in on it, you know "keepin it in the family kinda thing." And no I ain't talkin about what all yall gutter heads are thinkin.
    Best of luck gettin the "A".