Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thinking of bagging the Fleetwood...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CadillacBob, Oct 16, 2009.

1. CadillacBob

CadillacBob

Sooooo... I'm finally getting around to working on the '59 Fleetwood again. I've been sanding the body and getting parts together for the build. I'm planning on dropping the car, but would like to run bags.

Is there a kit out there for the '59 Cadillac's?

Thanks guys!

Bob

2. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I dunno about bags but I do know you can make a career outta sanding one of those monsters. Took me 3 weeks and I wore out a set of perfectly good arms. Sold it 3 mos later. Purchase,$500; sell $18.000. 1985

3. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

no kit buddy sorry

4. got any photos of the car?

5. lowmater_tn

lowmater_tn

6. heavy60

heavy60

We bagged a 60 impala with air ride technologies and a 64 buick wagon with airbagit, If I do it again would think about doing it from scratch, it's really not all that difficult if you use your head. easiest way is to get controller and valve body from a kit and do the rest yourself, all the parts can be found pretty easy. Good luck. Scott

7. Cirilian

Cirilian

Yes there are kits.

http://www.ridetech.com/catalog/Chevrolet_Chevelle_1964_1967-921-1.html

(Don't know why the url says chevelle? Just click on it.)

Their front kit uses the shockwave set up, which is nice but very pricey and won't let you lay the car out. The rear kit is very simple, you can piece the rear together for about half the price of their kit. Caddy rear ends are similar from 58-64. Click on their 58-64 kit for more info and install instructions.

They way I've done the front is to remove the spring plate on the lower A-arm and replace it with a piece of steel plate. This is a '57 done by someone else, but identical to your '59, '57-'60 fronts are the same.

http://www.donshotrodpage.net/Project-57/projectindex.html

8. CadillacBob

CadillacBob

[​IMG]

9. CadillacBob

CadillacBob

Thanks for the great info, guys!

All the mechanicals are done, now. It's all about paint, interior and laying frame!

Bob

10. Big Tony

Big Tony

Old caddy's look good no matter how they stand but i do dig the hell out of them being bagged and slammed on the ground