Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs thinking about having my belly button removed..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glendale, Mar 9, 2012.

1. teddyp

teddyp

i would keep the sbc

2. jobbless

jobbless

Not a Chevy fan. But I would put it back together, and drive it. Get everything ready and change it over next winter.. I hate having my cars apart. Much nicer to drive, even if it has one of "those" motors.

3. Yea that is the plan. Keep it on the road and take my time on the new chassis and drive train.

4. While the thread title didn't make me LOL, it did make me grin a bit - my Dad had his belly button removed when he had a hernia operation. It used to be a way inny, now it's a gone - e!:D

5. jazz1

jazz1

When you put laminate flooring in the shop you are not looking for any extra work,,trust me,in my garage I got a hot tub in front of my fireplace next to the bar.....Just get a smooth runnin' mill under the hood..Not like you gotta go to pebble beach or do wheel stands... Maybe your of the mindset of spending way too much time getting too little done,,I am clear coating my truck for the second time in a week trying to get the proper 'hue"..... Ol' lady thinks I'm nuts

6. .
    I say anything you have in anything you've got. that hot rodding at it best. I know you were following my build (or not building) my plan was a 270 Dodge Hemi and 3 speed OD. because thats what I had. I sold the wagon and the new owner Is giong strong on it, building with what he has. had to move the firewall back 4 inches for the slant six. that is so different that it's way cool in my book.
    go with what you have and drive it

Attached Files:

7. wow bringing it back from the dead!here is what myself,losthope,and tragic59 picked up tonight. he needs a bunch of part for his car and i get the frame and running gear.
    the frame actually looks to have been restored. major bonus.so plans are body work on my car this winter. then build/completely restore the chassis and motor prior to the swap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we totally scored the car. and both tragic59 and myself are super stoked.

8. LostHope

LostHope

Whats better then sitting around on a tuesday evening watching the boob tube?

Getting together with some club members and going on a road trip to pick up a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some more pic's :

Showing up to "Glendale's" house:
    [​IMG]

He had the car trailer already hooked up and my seat cleaned out! which was quite shocking and a nice surprise and a first:
    [​IMG]

"Glendale" and I and the kids met "tragic59" aka Dave in fairfeild a hour away at the home of the four door, Heres Dave getting the car uncovered:
    [​IMG]

Glendale:
    [​IMG]

The thumbs up picture:
    [​IMG]

had to roll the car on two steel wheels, went pretty easy, easier then i thought it would, heres the crew figuring out how to strap it all down:
    [​IMG]

Flipping me the bird pic!

[​IMG]

Motor and trans going in, and glen slyly flipping me the bird again:
    [​IMG]

loading up seats, door, tote after tote of car parts:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after getting the parts loaded up, started loading the kids back up:
    [​IMG]

Pretty dark when glendale and I got back to his house but managed to park the trailer and car in the r.v. access and unload the bed of the truck, seats still intact with mohair and plastic seat covers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  9. LostHope

LostHope

Its amazing how many parts there is!! the totes is all i took pictures of but the inside the car has all the stainless, fender,glass,grill,bumpers, I think that the whole car may be there inbetween whats in the car and the totes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its just mind boggling all the parts that are there and have to be gone thur and the price was just dumb founding(........total score!

Maybe get some more pictures of what the car contains tomorrow!

great evening and both "tragic59" and "glendale" now have usable parts to furthur there projects and we can start building "glendale" a fresh frame...

super stoked for these guys and cant wait to dig into the parts, its like finding a treasure....!!!

10. nice pics little buddy!and thanks for the help!

11. All I can say is that I like where your head is at.

Great move. I couldn't be any happier with mine after 37,000 miles.

BloodyKnuckles

12. Thanks man. It will be a pretty slow process but i have a great start now.

13. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

Love the ride! Im watching now! Never thought I would be anything but a Chevy guy till 2009. Got my 48 ply coupe and now I really don't think I will build anything but Plymouths from here on. Keep up the good work!

14. Thanks i will update tonight I have the chassis almost ready for the garage.