Register now to get rid of these ads!

thinking about a coupe-ster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tobyjuarez, Jul 12, 2011.

1. tobyjuarez

tobyjuarez

I'll start by saying that I'm pretty tall. 6'3".

I have a 32 frame, and I've been planning on building an 30-31, on a deuce frame.

I'm collecting parts, but haven't gotten the body yet.

I've built a couple of coupesters in the past, they have looked pretty good,, but never been real roadsters.
    I like the fact that they have more legroom,, and if I do it right, I'm sure it will look pretty good,
    By itself, I love a model a on a 32 frame, but I'm so damn tall,, half of my body is above the door when I drive...

I fit in a 32, but I don't think I can afford one, so I'm trying to decide,,,,

What do you guys think of coupesters?

Will I always be bummed that it isn't a real roadster?

2. VonKool13

VonKool13

Yep coupsters are never real and you will always think about it, but I'm building a coupster pick up and I added earlier roadster stanchions and roadster doors and I love it!! Most people, even some hot rodders, have NO idea it's a coupe cowl. I say do it and do it well. Real hot rodding is done with what you have, what you can afford, and what you can trade for. ;)

3. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Well, I am looking for a coupe roof so I say go ahead and make a coupester and sell the roof to me!!

I think they can be tasteful, but I wouldn't build one unless the top was already lobbed off before I got ahold of it.

4. F&J

F&J

I've got one going together for dirt cheap. Early Olds power, 40 dash, etc. It was a coupster when I found it. 32 has more room but the doors are still pretty narrow. Once you get in, it fits good :)

I built up the door tops to be like a cabriolet.

Click on my name, then choose profile, to see a pic in my album there.

5. slick a&t

slick a&t

A lot of people start with a sport/business coupe when converting a coupe into a coupster.I believe it a couple inches longer and the roof is cloth and wood.This one started out as a sport coupe.I think it is one of the finest sport/business coupe conversions I've seen.It is known as the Kany coupe.

Attached Files:

6. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

that is one of the best looking coupsters

7. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

The first one was sbc, 4speed and splict wishbones and ford f100 rear, dropped axle, vega, etc. I traded it before I finished for a 47 ford 2 dr.

The second one was finished, sport coupe, v8-auto, 9", pretty much standard stuff. The top was custom built. Nice Car.

Go for it, I am 6-3 as well, and had no issues with space. Coupesters are cool, definately more room that a real roadster. Both of mine were 31's.

Attached Files:

8. F&J

F&J

Here is one I saw on ebay a few years ago. I'd take it :cool:

Attached Files:

9. TMoney

TMoney

It's all how you set it up. I'm 6'7" and I have a '29 ROADSTER on a '32 chassis and it fit fine.

[​IMG]

10. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

There are a few KEY elements in this ride that are worth NOTING (hint hint). He's using a 28/29 grill shell...BIG + in my book...just a personal thing.

The second and most IMPORTANT thing this guy did was visually bridge that distance between where the original top was riveted in and where the back of a roadster body would have ended behind the passengers. That "C" shape of leather behind the seats was executed perfectly...and I think that's why people probably think this is one of the best executions of a coupester...and an idea I'm gonna steal for MINE!!!! lol

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

X2,

I'm 6'5" and have a '31 roadster on a deuce frame and it's VERY comfy. Just drop the seat pan and move it back a few inches, get rid of the hump, make a thinner seat.

I don't have anything against coupesters either, if they're well executed. I just don't think you should build one because you're scared you wouldn't fit in a roadster.

12. tahern

tahern
    BANNED
    from Kentucky

What about an rpu they make extended cabs or take a fordor sedan, cut the roof off, lose some doors and move the ass forward. But he'll that's just my two cents.

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

X99, Gary