Register now to get rid of these ads!

They call this fixed?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Got the 55 Olds back after just a week in the shop. I thought they were fast and they were, but..............

Talked a good story and was pushed by my insurance company as this being the better shop.

I let them know before I took it that I would be talking to the insurance company as what should be acceptable.

Paint match and cut line is the first to grab ya. Couldn't work arount the flames. Bumper isn't tight and still twisted and beat up in spots not from the accident. Broken glass back up lens. Broken battery shut off switch. Over spray on the window and decals. Vacuumed enough to pick up the bondo dust foot prints from the carpet, but still dirty inside and out. (Will need to do some scrubbing on the white interior)

On the way home I found the 4 ways on the whole time,( and I don't even have any 4 ways on it!) I have brake lights, but no tail lights any other time except the unwanted full time 4 ways. No turn signals which worked when I pulled in to have work done. Lucky the collision didn't mess up the lights, but someone did...

Yep, sent out the door as done.......And this was the better shop?

Attached Files:

2. That's pretty shitty.

3. el caballo loco

el caballo loco
    from colorado

Any time an insurance co recommends an outfit its a BIG RED FLAG. Those people care nothing for your pride n joy, they care about maximum profit.

4. I was waiting for this thread. Sorry man

5. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

Sorry to hear it I did tell you earlier what constitutes a "quality shop" for an insurance company. I can't say I'm surprised the work was subpar. I hope you still have recourse but I'm not hopeful.

6. I'm lost for words, why don't you advertise for them? Maybe a magnetic sign on the quarter.

7. badshifter

badshifter

What Insurance Co. and what shop? Pretty sad work. Drag.

8. that sucks ass , id make a list and start bitchin to an insurance company..

9. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

well at least the bumper matches the mis-matched primer

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hey...it happens in Calexico here, too... My insurance company didn't want to insure my F100. I asked why...the 'agent' said they'd never find parts for it.

I gave him email sites for 4 companies that deal with F100 parts, starting with Mid '50s.

When he called back, he said "Parts are easier to get for that than Hondas! Do you have a prescribed body shop for those older models in case of accidents?"

I said if an accident occured, I would fix it. Nobody touches my F100.

I got a good policy.

11. Squablow

Squablow

Who is your insurance company? I think Hagerty and Grundy both have representatives that check in here every so often, maybe they'd be willing to help.

The repair is shit, they couldn't even tape off the flames? It's damn near going to be more work to fix it now than it was when it was just smashed.

12. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

This should be interesting to see how it washes out with the shop and the insurance co.

13. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

OK, here's the funny part. They said "We can't do anything extra" What's extra? Doing something right?
    Guess I should have seen the light when they got the trunk back in shape and locked the keys inside..........

14. Willy301

Willy301

I am horrified by these results...I hope you have some recourse...

15. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

you could also take a rag and a little thinner and rub into the primer where the flames were and see if they're still under there and try possibly saving them them

16. they probably sanded them...then again...from the looks of their work they could have just sprayed over them.

17. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

I just had a wreck in my 37 a few weeks ago. I have hagerty's. I have not had the repair done yet but the service from hagerty's has been awsome so far. They told me to take it to the shop of my choice and have it repaired to my specs they would cover the total cost no deductable. Wow I am impressed. Sorry about your car

18. Are you dealing with Your ins. Co. or the other guys? The Wizzard

19. your lucky you still have your car , last car i took in front of my insurance agaent in primer ...adjuster opened the door and said is that your car? i said yeah he stepped back in and closed the door and said it wasnt worth insuring before the wreck....then the argument started .... asshole wouldnt even go out and look at it and the car eventually ended up in the scrap yard after a looong fight

20. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Take a gun and go back.

21. a little over the top.

22. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

i figured they sprayed right over them and probably gave it a dusting or one coat of primer if that

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Totally unacceptable! Raise fricken hell! Tell the insurance Co. you want another shop (of YOUR choice) to rework the "repairs". Don't let that shop touch the car again. It looks as though they farmed it out to The Earl of Scheib.
    The insurance Co. also owes you a flame job.

24. When the insurance company sends you to a "prefered shop" it means 2 things the first is the shop owner is giving the company a kick back and second they will do it cheap..This policy by insurance agents and Companies mean the insured is getting the short end of the stick..Remember your vehicle is personal property and an insurance company cannot force you to take your vehicle to a shop they pick.......I had a shop for years and watched these hacks make money hand over fist doing shit work for specific insurance companies while good shops that take pride in their work struggled....Its time for auto owners to take a stand and put their foot down....

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Sorry to see that,I personally dont trust noone but me to fix anything,Thats only for my stuff,If 9I send it out I figure I have to work on it.Looks like youll have to sand entire car and paint or reprime..What a shame.I can see clearly your primer is dark grey ,Not grey.......

26. This is something alot of people don't realize, absolutely your choice where it gets fixed, as said above raise hell with your insurance company. Your car should be repaired to pre accident condition, which it most certainly is not, do not let it go until you are satisfied!!

27. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you don't have insurance like Hagerty or Grundy you will never get the attention and quality you desire. The "regular" insurance companies are going to send you to a production shop andnyounare going to get "production" work. Mid you had collector car insurance, they would let you select the shop you wanted to use.

Sorry, man.

28. remember if your car got hit now, the appraiser would deduct for mismatched color, broken light, bent bumper etc.

29. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

that really sucks,primer is primer but thats not even close.good luck in getting this taken care of .