Register now to get rid of these ads!

History They are still out there 1929 Buick roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Fellow car club member known on the HAMB as "BobbyBuilt," has found yet another treasure.
    This one he found in a hollow in Kentucky and seems remarkably sound.
    Here are a few pictures his wife took of the trip into the hollow where the car was located.
    IMG_9167.JPG
    IMG_9168.JPG
    IMG_9171.JPG
    IMG_9172.JPG
    Bobby already has it loaded and is securing the car for the trip home. I believe that is the previous owner at the rear of the car. From the pictures, it seems he has a few more treasures squirrelled away.
    I suspect that golf club door will be put to a creative alternative use!;)
    IMG_9173.JPG
    I'm certain that this future "BobbyBuilt" will be a great hot rod and likely built in a very timely manner.:)
    A big "Thank you!" to Mrs. BobbyBuilt for documenting and sharing the adventure.:)
    She reported that he was very happy with the car.;)
    Congratulations to my pal, and his lady, on finding and bringing home another rare treasure. I'm certain it's unlikely that he'll meet another one coming down the road.;) The car seems remarkably sound.

2. SEAAIRE354

SEAAIRE354

Nice! Very nice. If he’s hot roding it. Hope it gets a nailhead.

3. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Bobby was hunting a nailhead but I think he ran across a big block Chevy that he couldn't refuse...
    He asked me about "borrowing" the Nailhead in my 29 roadster pickup but, like a sorry pal, I said "no.":eek::D
    He said I likely would not be driving much the rest of the year and the beginning of next year.;):D:D
    IMG_7778.JPG
    I told him I did appreciate the offer to "store" my engine and keep it exercised; but I wanted to keep it for now.;):D:D
    I do think a nailhead would be a great choice... anybody got one to spare?
    Maybe looking for a big block? Or a small block? BobbyBuilt has one of each I think.;)

TomT, Okie Pete, hotrodjack33 and 2 others like this.
  4. WOW! Cool find by @BobbyBuilt. I know he will do it justice.

Hamtown Al likes this.
  5. SPEC

SPEC

Great find.

Hamtown Al likes this.
  6. Al,
    I have a spare 364. All apart though.

Hamtown Al likes this.
  7. BJR

BJR

What make is that sedan with the spare tire recess in the trunk area?

Hamtown Al likes this.
  8. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Looks like a 33-36 Willys to me.

BJR and Hamtown Al like this.
  9. cfmvw

cfmvw

Met a guy last summer with one of a similar vintage; he said there are only a handful still around.

10. Fine looking car ,and all there too, first photo I see the all important top irons
    Great score
    Have 2 401s and a 425
    With switch pitch transmissions ,but here in Canada

Hamtown Al likes this.
  11. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

At a club breakfast this morning, Bobby said he fired the Buick up yesterday!
    Not only that; it came up to 40 pounds oil pressure and temperature went up to 180 and on to 220 and then returned to 180... even the thermostat is working correctly!!
    Anybody interested in a 1929 Buick complete drivetrain for $500 or so?
    Probably can get the wooden wheels, front and rearend, too, for a bit more.
    Contact Salesman Al via PM.;):D

guthriesmith likes this.
  12. Neat car!

Hamtown Al likes this.
  13. Al,
    You might get in touch with @Nailhead Jason on the Virginia HAMB. He is quite the nailhead fan and may have what he needs or may be able to steer him in the right direction.

Hamtown Al likes this.
  14. rusty valley

rusty valley

I would get it running and drive it as is. Neat car !

NoSurf, guthriesmith and Hamtown Al like this.
  15. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^I tried to convince Bobby to get an adaptor to install a 5 speed but he said no. He said no on keeping the wooden wheels, too! I told him it would really be one of a kind with a big block! He said, "Yeah, a BROKE one of a kind!" I said he could just IDLE the big block and the wooden wheels might hold.!:D:D The big block chevy engine is still the plan but he needs a square port 4 bbl intake for it... anybody got one they will part with?
    Thanks,
    Parts Hunter Al;):D

16. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I spoke with Bangingoldtin who also offered to help find a nailhead but Budget Bob had already made a great (read that as likely "cheap!"):D deal on the big block and an automatic.

17. Definitely a great looking and solid car from what I can see! :cool: I would have had to stick with either a nailhead or the original engine as well since it sounds like it runs good. But, as has been mentioned multiple times lately, this isn't a restoration forum. :D

Okie Pete and Hamtown Al like this.
  18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm sure that back in the "hollers" of Kentucky, that "golf club door" was very likely used for something else...

19. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I forgot to tell y'all that Bobby said the house was two miles off the paved road! He said they went so far into the hollow that the GPS died! And cell phone bars went away!:eek:
    And there was no place to turn his truck and trailer around... he was beginning to wonder what to do if he met someone going the other way on this narrow path.:eek::D
    Bobby said they didn't hear any banjos but thought about them!:D
    He was also beginning to wonder about a possible scam/robbery!:eek:
    Then, the road opened up into a pretty hollow and he could see the house and the cars.:)

Okie Pete and guthriesmith like this.