Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage These were O/T until today...Carroll Shelby

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mazooma1, May 11, 2012.

1. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Vaya con dios Shel. It was a hell of a ride!

[​IMG]

2. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Fantastic photos as usual. Thanks so much !!! Not bad for a chicken farmer with a bad ticker !!!! What a great life.

3. haychrishay

haychrishay

Thanks for sharing !

4. Thanks ,looking at some of those photos I can almost hear those ford engines bellowing. RIP Carroll

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the memories. RIP

Frank

6. Glad to be part of the Shelby World !! RIP Mr. Shelby !!! >>[​IMG]
    [​IMG]>>.

7. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

I glad there was Carroll Shelby to give us the baddest-ass Fords he could think of.

8. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

great pics. I dont' care if they're OT, Cobra's are one of my favorite cars of all times

9. aircap

aircap

Ol' Shel is making Terlingua chili for Jesus now.
    He was the best!

10. You know all the Cobras and Shelby and I still have a soft spot for the Cyclones.

I toured a similar meet a couple years ago at Infineon with one of Carroll's original employees (pre-airport) that also helped set-up and race the original Dragonsnake along with a couple other guys ..... I found the Cobra folks to have the same love and passion for their cars like any of us would for a dyed-in-the-wool traditional duece.

I have a few shots , I gotta dig, of mainly Cobra's , including El Cid if you dont mind me posting them here. Peter Brock was also there but Carroll couldnt attend.

11. This was the SAAC35 Meet at Infineon Aug '10.... Road Course and Paddock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..... eyes wide open the whole day! ... loved it!

And I will throw this one in the mix just as further proof Carroll Shelby had a "hot-rodding" side to him ... straightline racing!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  12. Muttley

Muttley

Great stuff Doug, here's a couple of my Dad's old GT 350:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP Mr Shelby.

13. skywolf

skywolf

Thanks for the pics. R.I.P Carroll Shelby.

14. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for posting these awesome pix. Those are some beautiful race machines that are a treat to see, wish I could have been there to see and hear them run. Carroll Shelby was such a classy man, He one of my all time heros, he did it all! R.I.P. sir. ~sololobo~

15. Weasel

Weasel

Them there is HOT RODS - thank you Mr. Shelby for all you did to bring excitement into the automotive world....

16. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Awesome pics man, I think you got atleast one pic of every one of my childhood dream cars.. Thank you for posting

17. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I had a ride in a 427 Cobra at Road America at the first vintage race held there back in 198?. I was a flagger at the race and the driver offered me a ride around during the touring session. the maximum speed was 80 but the 150 mph speedo was pegged often. It took months to get the grin off my face from that ride. Year latter I got to instruct the driver of the 289 Cobra that won that first race at Road America, at an SCCA drivers school at Blackhawk farms when he moved to SCCA racing, The driver of the 427 Cobra had sold his shop in Chicago and the Cobra and retired from racing and bought a chicken farm in Wisconsin. opposite of Shelby who started with chickens and became famous with his Cobras.

18. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Thanks for sharing!

19. As usual, fantastic photos and thanks for helping us east coast guys see some of the west coast happenings. It is much appreciated.

20. Fantastic!! Thanks for the pictures.