Register now to get rid of these ads!

There will be no HOTRODARAMA for 2009!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironbuyer, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

We are very sorry for all of the participants that look forward to this show every year. It has been decided that there will not be a show for 2009. The Mischief Makers as a club came to this decision. Not city hall. Not the police. Not the Swiss Tavern. The club! There will be an event hopefully in 2010 but much different. We look forward to everyones support for the future event. Please check the Myspace site and the HOTRODARAMA website for updates (we promise there will be updates). Thanks to all for seven amazing years and can't wait for you to see what's up our sleeves!

Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emporium
    Hotrodarama

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Thanks for the memories. It was the best!

3. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

eh, it was just a lame car show put on by a bunch of twats anyway. gives me more time to attend to my new career in break dancing.

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Major bummer! Thanks a lot Steve, you just RUINED my SUMMER! haha

Honestly, I am bummed about it. We had such a great time last year, I was really looking forward to this years show!

Maybe we'll drive down anyways, just for the hell of it!

5. Marcy

Marcy

Say it isn't so!
    One of my favorite shows and well worth the long drive from Texas---great people, great cars.

Marcy

6. Vintage Roadside

Vintage Roadside

Hope you're back next year. We had a great time at the last one.

7. seatex

seatex

Wow, bummer! Damn good show, looks like I moved back to Texas in the nick of time> Great Show, thanks Seaholm and Gang........

8. 55century

55century
    from Washington

I second this.

9. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

Steve,

What can I say, this show will be missed! We ALL were hoping that it wouldn't come to an end, but things are what they are...I feel like this is a divorce, and now we've got to figure out who gets to keep the dog!

All joking aside, hopefully the next incarnation of this thing is as great as the last...you guys were ahead of the curve throwing such a great party, something that a lot of clubs have tried to imitate, but never duplicate. It will be missed, but at least I can say that I went to every one, and had a fantastic time at all of them!

I'm starting to get all misty eyed, so I'll end this just like Bob always did...Thanks for the memories (ha, got you singing that friggin song now, didn't I?!)!

HRAR, R.I.P.

Scott
    OddballZ C.C., PDR

[​IMG]

10. couverkid

couverkid

Having been every year it was always a great time. I would like to thank Dale, Steve and all of the Mischief Makers for putting this event together and for keeping it going for the years we all got to enjoy it. I look forward to what is in the future and I am sure it will be even better. Thanks the Gilligan Family.

11. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

very sorry to hear this guys!! But I am looking forward to the new tricks up your sleeves I now you guys can put on hell of a show thanks for the memories

12. bizcoupeguy

bizcoupeguy

i never made it to this one anyway, high hopes every year and something always comes up. no more bash either, at least i made it to the rainy one.

13. Wow, my wife's gonna be choked. We both love that show. Travel down from the great white North for it. She was sooooo looking forward to driving her own tin this year.
    Bummer..... :-(

14. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Wow....kinda a downer I guess.....
    So, it's done for good, or could it continue if another car club stepped up to help out?
    Or is Hotrodarama a part of Mischief Makers?

2010- Much different? Hmmmm....how can ya get much different for traditional cars???Next deal gonna be more of an "invitational" of "proper traditional" cars??

Whatever ya come up with, I bet it'll be cool for those involved......

15. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Old-timey reliability run perhaps?

16. I second this. Number one thing I looked forward to every year. I was there from the second one on.

17. phukinartie

phukinartie

Bummer it was a great time ,cant wait to see what you do in 2010

18. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Thanks to all for the great coments. This was Dale's vision and the rest of us carried it out including the attendee's. There will be a huge party the GoodGuys weekend (Puyallup) at Amocat that saturday night. I will have more details in the next month or so. I will say this we will be able to cruise meridian they way they used to for the saturday night. Thanks again
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emporium

19. Bummer Steve. Just be sure it's back for 2010 when I return from the land of the rising sun! :D

20. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

"Thanks for the memories".

21. moses

moses

way to early for a april fools joke !!!!!!!!!!! jeffrey

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Well I guess i am lucky to have been able to attend it once. Its a shame to loose a show like this

23. First of all. I want to thank my father Terry Seaholm for giving me the love of all things traditional in the car hobby. Second of all I would like thank all my fellow Mischief Makers that joined in with me in the beginning to put on the best hotrod show in the Northwest. Period. Next I would like to thank Steve Glucoft for carrying the torch for me after I moved to Tucson, Az. He is a Mischief Maker even though he won't run the plaque(He'll get this). And last but not least, the real hotrod carguys that supported me and the rest of the fella's from the beginning. Thank you. It was a fun run while it lasted. Don't worry folks I'm sure there will more good times to be had by The Mischief Makers and the guys from Amocat in the future.
    Thanks again.
    Dale Seaholm

24. torchmen49

torchmen49

Dale, Steve, and Crew, this was the Best Show PERIOD! Looked forward to it every year, as did the rest of us guys "Up North". You can always count on us for support in whatever you guys come up with next. See ya all at Amocat in July.

25. Steve. Thanks for the 7 years of memories. The Swindlers fully support you, and will be at the Amocat event as usual. You can also count on us to attend any future 2010 event you guys may host.

Thanks.
    Keith

26. I would like to thank Steve G. and Shawn Wheelock. The time and effort they put in , what can I say, but a big "Thank you " to you both. Also Terry S, Jim and all the Mischief Makers and family members who did there part ! Stay tuned for 2010 kids ! Met alot of new friends, hope to see you all at Amocat in July....... Rob M. Mischief Makers C.C.

27. Rob, I guess I should have named all the guys that have helped over the years. Your one of them. And of course Shawn. Thanks for being there for me buddy, Dale

28. Hey Dale ! I remember the First one, just like it was yesterday. Didn't know what to expect that First show. Lots of great memories, with everyone ! Did you sell that Sedan delivery ? I saw it on E-gay ! Thank you !

29. First time I went was two years ago and there were only about 5 cars!!!! I guess thats what happens when you show up on Sunday!! Those 5 cars that were still there were bitchin!! I knew I had to go the next year. This was last year and it was the best show I have ever experienced. That was a lifechange for me, I loved the music, the cars , the pinups, and all the hospitality. I think this year is fucked now!!!!!! Thats how much it means to me!!! Damn it!!!!
    Maybe someone pick it up, up north like Mt Vernon.
    Swindlers? World famous Swindlers?
    "THE WORLDS FAMOUS SWINDLERS CAR SHOW"!!!!! Thats the ticket!!!

30. Joe King

Joe King

First the Seattle Roadster Show now the HotRodarama...........