Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan's Great California Hot Rod Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 2, 2008.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's really funny you should mention that as it is high on our list of events to do and we are just trying to figure out if we can work it into the budget for this year. For me I think it will boil down to how much money I spend this summer going to events and how much is left by teh time OCt rolls around. For Megan ALOT of it has to do with how Hersey falls as he HAS to attend that for work. We do believe they are a week apart but we have to check.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the coverage.:D
    Believe it or not these are only about 1/2 the photos I took:eek:

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

IF it was done a year ago, it really needs attendtion to detail then, like the stainless and chrome pieces. Perhaps they didn't get to them if they in fact did the car in a hurry.....or maybe they should have used Advanced Plating....did I just say that:eek::D

Megan recognized the car right away as having a Winfield paint job....or at least one that looked EXACTLY like something he would do.

3. All I can say is wow! I don't think all the magizines combined will have that much coverage of the event.

Thanks for all that effort.

4. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

So I see you manhandled my little brother.:cool:

Trophy Queen R*O*C*K*S! I can't wait to order my next 2 bags. Jenny is mine and Ragdoll's personal HEROINE! Can't wait to see the goodies she's got for us next weekend.:D

If I had been picking a motel, I'd of done the SAME thing and chose it for the killer neon. :D

5. flynstone

flynstone

yes nice to meet you girls, cant wait till our paths cross again..........

6. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Thought you might like to see a price on the Bronze Sculpture at So-Cal Speed Shop. I snapped these pictures last year at the GNRS where the artist had it displayed.
    Enjoy, but swallow your coffee before you looka the $$.:eek:
    Brian

Attached Files:

7. .......just like Rudy said........."wow" and thanks!!

8. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Girls Gone Wild. You two are my hero's. I want the Boothill Express to take me to my final resting place. I love that thing.

Doc.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

See we're not so different. You should come hang out with us sometime.;) Don't tell Scooter, but he's got a nice butt to "manhandle":D

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ya never know sweetie, I just might be able to arrange that for you. I do have an inside connection BUT lets hope it's a long, long time from now.:D

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I'll be seeing Scoots on Thursday for our movie date. I'm telling him EVERYTHING! :D

12. 5window

5window

Best report on a car show EVER. We should all just chip in and send you guys around to the ones we can't get to.:)

IslandAccents candles are made by www.lavaenterprises.com. I went to their website, but didn't find oyur candle.Maybe someone could call them?

13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

What a great post. You two sure know how to cram 10 pounds of fun into a 2 pound sack.

Wonderful pictures to show all the fun we missed.

Sorry I didn't get out to the show, but it was less than 3 weeks before that weekend that I had open heart surgery and I really wasn't up to it.

You really need to try In-N-Out, they aren't like "fast food", more like great home cooked burgers.

14. hudson48

hudson48

Thanks very much for this great thread and your effort to put all those photos up for us to enjoy

15. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Looks like you ladies had a awesome time.Great pictures thanks for sharing. :)

16. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

maybe it was like 3 yrs. ago (time flies!) still that is not very long, yes they must of did a rush job,and apparently didnt use ADVANCED PLATING ;) but quite certain it is the one and Megan is right it was a Winfield Paint job! ....

17. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

WOW...Awesome coverage Denise. As usual.

See ya at Cobo Hall

Now please excuse me, I have to go eat some pancakes:D

18. Denise, I'm available for adoption. But I gotta warn you. They kicked me out of elder care. So I have to go everywhere with my "responsible" adult.

19. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Denise, you did it again. Just super. I am continually amazed when you post one of these coverages. A car-girl social butterfly. I will see you in Detroit in March. I'm really looking forward to making the trip.

J.

20. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Thank you Denise for another chapter of,

"For The Fun Of It"

HellRaiser

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW! :eek: What the hell just happened? I go on vacation this weekend and all of a suddon someone starts talking about manhandling my butt!!! :eek: This is like the morning after a night of drinking when someone comes up to you and says "Dude! What happened last night?!" I know these are all lies because I don't really have a butt! HA! :rolleyes: uuuu... did I enjoy it??

This is very bad... GREAT pictures though! :D

I have a movie date with somone?? :eek: Am I forgetting things??

22. Zumo

Zumo

This is the best post ever! So many cool cars. I hope to go one day.
    Thanks Denise,

23. LargeB

LargeB

WOW! Thanks so much for taking the time to post all those pictures. What an amaaaaazing trip!!

24. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Do you have a sudden urge to chew your own ass off?:D We have a movie date don't we???

DON"T YOU EVEN START WITH ME AFTER LAST WEEK!:eek::eek:

25. Linetech

Linetech

Great pics,Looks like you two had a great time.:D

That jet lag is a killer dealt with that for 8 yrs while living in L.A

26. This what Denise REALLY looks like in the morning! Confused,lost,hungry,not sure if she's in the right place! LOL!!!
    Great meeting you and Megan(who looks much better in girl clothes). It was fun hangin with you guys.

[​IMG]

27. Brewton

Brewton

Thanks Denise for the pics and stories! Merc and I were on our way, but our flight got cancelled out of DFW because of freezing ran and sleet the evening before (neither of which happened). But, I feel like I was there from your pictures. See ya at the Roundup!!

28. Thanks! Next best thing to being there. Made my evening. Thanks again.

29. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

great job girls !

30. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks so much Denise for the great post, I know how much time and effort you put it into it.

And for those of you have asked, yes, we REALLY did have that much fun!

Thanks to all of our Cali friends for giving us such a warm welcome and opening your shop doors to us. We really enjoy the comRODerie and the tours!

And thanks to my Thelma for another great trip! On to Detroit Rock City!