Register now to get rid of these ads!

The world's gone crazy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smokin Joe, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Driving home from work tonight I'm following a pearl white high rise pickup.
    Something's tugging not quite right at me so I give it a second look and realize it has a Cadillac emblem on it! A mile farther down the road I'm still thinking about Caddy pickup trucks and I'm pulling up next to a Tuner car at the red light. Big wing on the back, coffee can exhaust, big see thru wheels with rubberband tires, fake hood scoop, ground effects and spoilers, Alpine Stereo sticker across the top of the windshield, NOS stickers in the side windows, the works. I look over at the driver expecting to see some 18-20 year old kid with his hat on sideways trying to grow his first gotee and there's a grey haired guy in his 60's looking back at me. Guy laughs and rolls down the window and says: "Don't look at me like that. It's the wife's kid's car. He borrowed my truck to move!"

The world gets stranger every day...

2. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Theres a guy here at work that is 72. HE bought a cougar for his grandson for his 16th birthday and put a big stereo in it and a huge fart pipe on it. Gave itr to the kid and the kid couldnt drive a standard so this "old man" cruises around in it fart pipe and all.

Too funny.

3. Model40-770

Model40-770
    from LOUISIANA

.........i still can't believe some of the crap around my home town....... when i was in school i hated to see the lowered mini trucks........then it died down and went away from the main stream........NOW.....it's full size trucks with air bags.........at least a few of them have discovered 4TH generation camaros....small group of them drag race together.........maybe there is hope yet?!

4. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

I had a 66 charger for a while. the motor was pretty awesome. nice paint, six pack hood scoop. Anyway, I stored it at my Mom's for a winter and told her she had to drive it. She ended up cruising it all over, even to church. Said she got alot of wierd looks from the kids in the ricers. She's not afraid of the gas pedal either. I learned how to do cookies, and ride motorcycles from her when I was little.

Gary

5. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

The Lincoln p/u’s will really F with your head.

6. squirrel

squirrel

a guy in town has a caddy front on his one ton dually....

but he's allright, he also drives a 63 cad hearse/ambulance. He used to run funeral homes.

7. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

whats a high rise pickup? Like a lift kit?

8. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

Cadillac never made a pickup and they didn't start now...it's just a glorified Suburban....you think that's weird, take a look at the new porsche SUV...ya, you read that right...porsche....goddamn stupid if you ask me...what's next? Is Landrover gonna start making sports cars? You couldn't pay me to own an SUX....uhm, I mean SUV..:)..but that's why I have come to the Hamb...a place about shit that's real and has a soul! Vive La Hamb!

sorry...geuss i got a little emotional...i'll try not to let it happen again...:)

9. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

Cadillac does make a pickup...

It's called the EXT and there's about a jillion of them around here where I live. There's even a few kids drive them to high school, which is completely understandable, as they start at only 54k bucks base price.

Granted, it's not much of a truck though.

10. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I think what the kid ment was that EXT is just a chevy with cadillac badges. Much like the GMC is the same truck, they all roll out of the same place. What I can't believe is the early 80's G bodies with these 28" rims, they have a goddamn lift kit under the car to fit these hot wheels wheels under em! Of course I bet back in the day all the old fellers were probably saying "that boy done ruined a perfectly good 32 sedan!"

11. Dirty2

Dirty2

What I can't believe is the early 80's G bodies with these 28" rims, they have a lift kit under the car to fit these hot wheels wheels under em! Of course I bet back in the day all the old fellers were probably saying "that boy done ruined a perfectly good 32 sedan!"[/QUOTE]
    I agree !!!!

12. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

At another site I am a member of, REALOLDSPOWER.COM, there are often many posts about how the tuners/ricers/suv crowd do their thing. Usually it is a derogatory comment of some kind dismissing those cars as "not worthy" of consideration or even existence because they aren't sixties or seventies muscle cars. But lately there has been an agreement that at least the kids have an interest in cars and are doing SOMETHING to them.

I notice that even here there is a slight prejudice. That's just normal, people hang out with other people of same interests but that doesn't necessarilly dismiss everyone else comletely. Those kids in the tuners will be us someday.

13. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Around here we normally have 2 kinds of pickups. The standard Idaho pickup has faded paint, dents in fenders, cracked windshield, bumpers bent from pulling others outa cricks, mudholes and borrow pits, side mirrors bent all to hell and back or broken off and a gun rack with a scoped '06 and a 30-30. Best ones have a winch and a chainsaw in the back to help get that downed elk out.

The other kind is a spotless new, showroom fresh, garaged 4X4 extended or crew cab diesel that people only drive from the garage to the work parking lot in excellent weather. Usually have a monster hitch or 5th wheel dually setup to make you think they bought it to pull the boat or trailer on vacations. Actually they fly or take cruise ships on vacations. The pickup's never been out of the city limits. These status symbols get hit with a wayward sprinkler they go right to the detail shop to be buffed. Mostly owned by Managers who moved here from somewhere else and bought a pickup to fit in with the local western culture. These are the guys that hang out at the diner 1/2 the day in their cowboy boots and tie talking about realestate values and golf scores at their business lunch while you and I are at work making 1/10 the money.

The part I didn't get to on the message I started this post with was that I spotted 2 model A's, a deuce and a shoebox Ford driving around on the way home from work. Also got the usual 5 or so honks, grins and thumbs up. That put a little balance back in the world...

14. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

you guys are thinking about it the wrong way....

how about GRANDKIDS COLLEGE FUND!

go buy a cheap honda civic, maybe even with a vtec and store it away somewhere...in 50 years...it will be the "new 32"

get some spinners and wait until they are as desierable as halibrands

15. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Say what you will, whoever thought of sticking a Cad emblem and fancy upholstery on a Chevy truck and tripling the price is a #%@& GENIUS, playing our crazed culture like a ukelele...can't say the same about the customers, though.
    Think what the profit must be on Cad/Lincoln/Hummer trucks!!

16. Oh yeah? ask Ryan about those "shitty" Porsche SUVS;)