Register now to get rid of these ads!

The wizzard of oz

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Zac Sowers, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Zac Sowers

Zac Sowers

Hi,
    FNG here. I live in Clayton NM. Its small. Like maybe 4300 people in 3800 square miles on a good day small. I'm 31. I'm a private business owner. I'm married with one 5 year old daughter. Life if pretty good.

I've been warned about you people. I've also been on many others boards as well. I haven't decided whether my reason for being here is worth it or not.

So....
    I think a little hate is required. After moving from Amarillo Texas to Albuquerque, I worked in tuner, musclecar/drag/rock crawling shops. I worked at nissan for awhile. I worked on drift cars and vintage japanese/euro cars out of my home garage for awhile. You're probably sitting there going well if this 30yr old turd has been working on that king of crap why would he care about the H.A.M.B.? I bet hes just a silly newb.......(i love turbos)

my first truck. Its a 58 napco that a lady gave me when I was 11. It ran then and still does today.
    1384362_648368711863396_862735414_n.jpg

I went off to the big wide world after leaving the comfort of clayton nm. I eventually went to school and became a A&P certified mechanic. Most of you know that is short for air frame and power plant, but you knew that. While i lived in a Amarillo I got my 52 flathead rebuilt, bought my first 240sx and dropped a rb25 into it. (this is when i went to the darkside). I put my self through school for a year working for a vintage truck restoration shop. They primarily did diamond T's, but i saw everything under the sun. My favorite was a twin flathead powered truck built during ww2 to haul aircraft fuselages. ( During this time period I had the biggest boner for salt flats racing. rebuilt many a 97 and 94 carb. so some credit there........

I met my wife while in amarillo and we moved to albuquerque. I played with non vintage tin. We got married. We had a little girl named lincoln. The wife became an electrial engineer. Life was good. I was offered a job on a potato farm back in clayton that payed more than the wifes EE job. So we packed up and moved back to our home town. (here comes the part your gonna like)

potato farm 8 months, cat 4 months (fck you sir! this was a baddd job), and unemployed hobo like I am. Decided to start my own shop with a friend. Rented a old chevrolet dealership that was built in the 20's and started Zephyr. I soon remembered that I was surrounded in tin.
    ZephyrAd.jpg

Closed the business in July and I'm trying to make some money. It helps that I still have some very unique and needy clientele. Having a gb98 construction license helps as well. I drive around buying old vehicles. Taking pictures of old vehicles. You see, while I was building foreign cars, I was still that 8 year old boy miles from nowhere digging model A parts out of the ground.

I hope to add to this community as many like it has died since social media has risen. I am weary of trolls and the autist. So if my stay is short lived I apologize.

PIC DUMP!!!!!!!!!! (grave yard time!)
    DSCN1226.JPG DSCN1227.JPG DSCN1228 - Copy.JPG DSCN1232 - Copy.JPG DSCN1235 - Copy.JPG DSCN1237 - Copy.JPG DSCN1238.JPG DSCN1241 - Copy.JPG DSCN0700.JPG DSCN0704.JPG DSCN0705.JPG DSCN0748.JPG DSCN0789.JPG DSCN0790.JPG DSCN0791.JPG DSCN0802.JPG DSCN0803.JPG DSCN0807.JPG DSCN0808.JPG DSCN0809.JPG DSCN0810.JPG DSCN0815.JPG DSCN0816.JPG DSCN0819.JPG DSCN1126.JPG

Texas Webb likes this.
  2. Welcome from Texas,Zac.Thanx for the pics of all that good steel.:)You'll do well here.

3. welcome from Kansas City!