Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ultimate How-to Post Pictures Thread: With Pics!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by ravedodger, Nov 6, 2011.

1. ravedodger

ravedodger

I notice that quite a few of us have issues with posting pics after several threads have been created to remedy the problem. So I figured that a how-to with pictures could help--and who doesn't like pics? I think I've even seen people say that threads are useless without them. So here goes:

1. The first illustration shows the advanced dialog box with all the goodies for attaching files and formatting your post. Click the "Attachments" option. I use the "Attachments" option so as to eliminate the resizing and uploading to a third party steps.

Howto1.jpg

2. The "Manage Attachments" pop-up box appears. To upload files directly from your computer to the HAMB, click the Browse button.

Howto2.jpg

3. Locate the picture you want to post. You're now searching through the files on your computer.

Howto3.jpg

4. Select the first picture you want to post. Then click the Open button to start the process to upload the picture to your post.

Howto4.jpg

5. Repeat steps 2 thru 4 to select additional pics to upload. Once you're done, click the Upload button.

Howto5.jpg

6. You'll see the message circled below. Wait for it finish.

Howto6.jpg

7. Once the uploading is complete, you'll see your attached files listed.

Howto7.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  2. ravedodger

ravedodger

8. Now that all the pictures you've uploaded are listed in the middle of the box under "Current Attachments", click on "Close this window".

Howto7.jpg

9. Click on the paperclip icon again and the Manage Attachments dropdown menu appears. Select the picture you want to post. Repeat this step to post multiple pics.

Howto8.jpg

Howto9.jpg

10. Your picture(s) will now show as code in the dialog box. Be sure to type only above or below your picture code text so everything will show cleanly when people read your post.

Howto10.jpg

11. Click the Preview or Post button. Your post should look something like this:

Howto11.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. A Boner

A Boner

4. A Boner

A Boner