Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Throttle Merchants San Fernando

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Valley Boy, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Valley Boy

Valley Boy

Hey, I'm new here so this may have been covered elswhere but I couldn't find it. I'm looking for information on the Throttle Merchants car club from San Fernando, what I would like to find most of all are pictures of their club plaque and jackets. I looked in the club plaque data base and it wasn't there. I hope someone out there can help me out, thanks.

2. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

The only Throttle Merchants plaque I have a photo of is for this Russetta Timing Association club, but I'm not sure where they were based .....

[​IMG]

Dennis O'Brien has a couple of patterns with this club name but I don't think any of them are from the Southern California area.

3. Valley Boy

Valley Boy

Well I know they were an RTA associate club and I know Tony Nancy was a member, other than that I can't find much on them. Thank you for the picture.

4. FWIW, back in 1995. I made ten of those plaques for the fellow here in Massachusetts who was restoring Tony Nancy's 22 JR roadster. He got a blown up print from Gray Baskerville of the plaques from the Hot Rod Magazine archives to go by. According to Dan, when he took the car to the Bakersfield Reunion, a couple of guys approached him and asked where he got the plaques from for the car. Seems they were original members......

5. rustymerc

rustymerc

thats a great link, with some great valley history!