Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Thrifty T build!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by sodakmini, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Looking good.

2. sodakmini

sodakmini
    from Pierre, SD

No.... unfortunately I have not. I’ve been focused on my 40 Chrysler. But I do have plans this summer to bring the T back home. It needs a turn in the garage.

41 coupe and patmanta like this.
  3. sodakmini

sodakmini
    from Pierre, SD

Ha. It’s to cold to wander that far.

4. sodakmini

sodakmini
    from Pierre, SD

5. Bugguts

Bugguts

Looking forward dot more updates when it warms up!

sodakmini likes this.
  6. Tall t 26

Tall t 26

You have some awesome cars.
    Nice job on the T build, Looking great.
    Looking forward to seeing more, will be following along.
    Thanks for sharing!!

sodakmini likes this.
  7. sodakmini

sodakmini
    from Pierre, SD

IMG_0907.JPG IMG_0908.JPG

Sorry for the delay??

Been sitting in a trailer since winter of 18-19.

I guess you could say COVID helped spark me into working on it again. Daughter tested positive, had to quarantine for 2 weeks.
    Have spent most of the time fixing the many wrongs I did 5 years ago.
    I re-reversed the front spring, gained me an extra inch of clearance from the axle to the frame horns. Completely redid the steering box mount.
    Dissected the rear x member as it had no clearance from the 9”. Added some of RJay’s speed shop rear spring mounts and cut out around 2” of the x member, built new u bolts to collectively gain enough clearance. Got rid of the triangulated 3rd link and ran it to the tranny x member.

GuyW, AndersF and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. sodakmini

sodakmini
    from Pierre, SD

I spent a long time trying to find narrow wheels that would work for what I wanted. Decided I needed to just narrow what I had. Fomocokid had figured up this nifty set up to widen some spokes for his old mans project. Worked out great to thin mine up a bit. IMG_0903.JPG IMG_0904.JPG IMG_0905.JPG IMG_0906.JPG IMG_0902.JPG

AndersF and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. sodakmini

sodakmini
    from Pierre, SD

Plumbed my tranny cooler and all of the brakes. Got drums finally figured out all the way around. Had to do some cut to fit rear axles. Had a buddy at work help me go thru the 9”.
    While waiting on chassis parts I started filling holes and re working the firewall. IMG_0900.JPG

AndersF and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. sodakmini

sodakmini
    from Pierre, SD

IMG_0899.JPG

The chassis is now “done” minus paint. So back onto the body. I don’t have much for pics but the floors are 90% welded in and complete. Flipped it on its lid to properly attach the body to the subfloor. Fomocokid is willing to come help me patch up some of the bad sections on the passenger rear quarter and wheel well. I ran the cheek poker 2000 over the crappy parts and splashed on some Eastwood rust converter from the late 80s....should be fine......When we are done with that I will squirt some primer on the bottom side and flip her back over.

AndersF, KiwiGlen and chryslerfan55 like this.