Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Sunday Night - What did you get done this weekend post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Last weeks post seemed to get a few posts and seeing Nads post I figured I would ask the question "What did you get done this weekend"

Sat started out at FlamedAbones house for a garage crawl and checking out his Henry J gasser project..followed but a cruise down to another buddies shop and some Hot Rod Lunch.. (weather sucked as it was raining)...Continued to work on the wiper install but did not get much done on Sat afternoon.. Spent most of the day today installing a rear sway bar to go with the front.. Flat Top Bob hooked me up again and had it to me by Friday so I could work on it. Required some fabrication of brackets and shock mounts but finished it up about 5pm..

2. Spent a few hours Saturday at the NSRA event in Tampa

Attached Files:

3. And then there was this

Attached Files:

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

I got a boob job so I have been laid up all weekend....seriously....sort of. [​IMG]

5. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

straightened, mudded, sanded, and primed the rear fenders, gas tank, and grill of my 1943 Farmall B tractor on saturday. I had football practice today and am too tired for any more block sanding..........................Briggs

6. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I got my daughter married off, you guys think that you have projects that have taken up a bunch of your time, you ain't seen nothin' yet... [​IMG]

The Merc has taken a back seat to the wedding but it was all well worth the effort. I thought I'd share a pic of the bride and the proud dad....

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Charlie, Looks like you gave away one sweet looking gal. I sure got emotional when I walked mine down the isle and gave her away. I got a great son-in-law in the deal and now 3 wonderful grandkids. Hope you do as well.

Frank

8. Got the dash narrowed for the touring. Got my steeelies blasted, Painted house some more............

Oh yeah, moved my new Coke bottle machine out to my folks place,on loan. Damn thing weighs 400 pounds!!!

9. BLAKE

BLAKE

Actually got something done this weekend. Bought my drill press on Friday so started rearranging the garage to make room for more workspace. The rest of the weekend (until about 15 minutes ago) was spent rebuilding the 3-97s off the coupe. Helicoiled all the stripped bosses, sanded the mating surfaces flat, polished the old brass caps, and wires-brushed/cleared the bodies. Got them back on this evening, but got some linkage work to do before I can fire them up.

Side note - 3-97's on the flatty idled a little rich so I was hoping to down-jet. Tore into them and found one with .043's, one with .047's, and one with .050's. [​IMG] They all got .045's now.

10. JDB

JDB
    from WI,USA

I spent most of Saturday figuring out how to get my master cylinder out from underneath my old dodge. The rest of Saturday trying to get a frozen part in it out.

On sunday I put on my new air filter and listened to the engine purr for awhile. Then I spent the next few hours putting the new master cylinder under the floor. Then I tried to bleed the system but I found out there is a leak somewhere. When I got sick of looking for the leak I decided to sit on my butt and watch TV and now I'm cruisin the HAMB [​IMG]

11. jdubbya

jdubbya

Saturday I went to a local halloween cruise night in Flint, lots of cars and friends... the down side, while driving down the e-way at 70mph, something flew up into my windshield and destroyed it and covered me in glass. Sunday I spent part of the day removing the windshield from my car, and the glass from the interior and arms. The safety glass did its job, but the object that hit was big enough to cause some small shards of glass to fly... I have had better weekends. [​IMG]

12. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

Great car weekend was had by most all here in the phx area .Fri night local 35th ave cruz , followed by a party at another hotrod guys place .
    Sat night most everybody w/ a old car or people who just wanted to show off were out in force in downtown phx .So many people doin burn outs and racing ,monday the tire shops will love them !The cops finally shut down the streets about 10 pm .
    Sunday went out to another local swap meet .A one day only swap , but was still able to grab up some bargins.A Pedal car NEW , just like the one i already have .(or should i say my daughter has) for 80$ ,a pair of moon disc s 25$ ,41 ford dash piece 10 bones , forgot my wagon ,so had ta buy another one of those too .The lil red kind ,DOOOH .Daughter had a blast ridin in the new pedal car and wagon .And i don't know how the rest of you dads do it ! My lil girl can not date til she is 30 ! [​IMG] . Next weekend is our yard sale [​IMG] .

13. made some progress on the garden shed, once its done and filled will open up a lot of space in the garage for "ZAPATO" the car.

14. Killer

Killer

Fri. night/Sat. mornin, we got the Titan running....

Then OGNC proceeded to wear out the stock tires a bit....

[​IMG]

Definately a good feeling seeing this beast run again!!

15. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

And then Saturday we delivered that damn late-model pickup to the stereo shop. I spent Sunday with my 42 Pee-cup (it needed a bath and a trip down to the beach)...

16. If you read this in PomadePets post, please ignore.

Fri.
    Work, Rev. Horton Heat/S.C.O.T.S/Throw Rag, drank many Miller Lites

Sat.
    Went to Tampa Nats.
    Found 2 SS snap-on racing disks that match the 3 I have at home $10.
    Ordered glass from Vintage Glass(GA).$350 for all except back glass. Anybody have any horror stories/good things to say about them?

Sun.
    Dug the 46's frame out of the garage*, re-mounted the rear. made arrangements for some large stuff (SBC, some cabinets) to go away, sold some school lockers for a profit and threw out bunch of useless stuff that was in said lockers.

plan for Mon./Tues nights,
    load truck with extra 60gal compressor tank and other crap, deliver them. Mount steering box, see if I'll need a new pittman arm, EZ out broken exhaust manifold stud on SBC that is leaving, and remount rams horn on Mocket** that's going in Ford. Deliver SBC, traded some suff for a port and relieve job on TX Flathead for super secret next project.

I've made a commitment to have a running, driving car buy summer (thats late March here). Need to stay focused, doing something every night.

* I have a one car garage, and it was raining, had to set up EZup in front yard, put stuff in the way under it in order to make enough room to roll frame from under precariously perched body. It's on homebrew 8ft wide saw horses. 3 hours to get it out, 2 hours to get it all back in. Weekend warrior pains aplenty today.

**SBC350 with Olds Rocket air cleaner and valve covers.

17. Anderson

Anderson

Skipped my last class Friday and went to the Texas State Fair, typical fair stuff, saw all the new cars, found out I fit pretty damn well in a new Corvette...

Saturday and Sunday, worked with my GF on her '64 Rivi, got rid of some surface rust, threw on a bit of primer, re-installed some of the trim, fixed a broken door latch...who the hell desigend these cars so that you have to take the outer door skin entirely off to get to the door internals?????Also finished up the welding on Hami's bike, making its debut at Sherman/Dennison.

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

got the ford gutted and everything new mocked up only to find the new rear needs more $$$ then i thought, who needs brakes any ways :p

but its about at the top of the hill the rest should be down hill and ill be rollin soon

lol and out of daves garage

tim