Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Southern Employment Special

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 19, 2015.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Whew! that was close!:p

redlineracer42 likes this.
  2. 26Troadster

26Troadster

pb nice score, look forward to your build. my hair is a little longer then yours for a few more days, then it goes to kids with hair loss.

3. I AGREE Falcon!!!! BWAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!!

4. TOOOOO FUNNY!!!!! I like the way you think Beano...

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That's one nice project.

That would be so awesome to see a Tudor, with a slight chop, channeled with rear wheel wells moved up, bobbed rear fenders, bike fenders in front, rake and a nailhead backed by a manual.

But that will be cool watch your progress, regardless of your plans!

Will you reuse some of the lettering?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. I have actually been thinking about reusing Southern Employment just to ruffle a few feathers. :D

If I go about channeling I will probably raise the fenders to keep them in stock location and the thought of motorcycle fronts has crossed my mind. I probably won't run the nailhead, my dad ran nailheads and there were just a few things in life that we didn't agree on. Roadsters, nailheads and brand of motorcycles. LOL

I am cautious about telling everything before it happens, I have done that and had it jinx my plans. :eek:

7. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Not that I'm taking you dads side, but...

I'm a "if you got it, use it" kind of guy, and if you got to, it's all in or stay home!

And I be following from the "other side", but no way I'm gonna go back to lurking.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Your opinion is always welcome. If you see me screwing something up by all means tell me, I'll revaluate and then decide not to listen to you anyway. :D ;)

No time to dig it out today but I am going to need to pick your brain on a Volvo box. I may even need you to send me a new pitman arm.

Kan Kustom and volvobrynk like this.
  9. [​IMG]

The only difference in a hippie and scooter trash is a bike,you look like a long haired,non-conformist,dirty neck,hippie biker trash kindy guy,,,actually my kinda people! :D HRP

bengeltiger, tb33anda3rd and kiwijeff like this.
  10. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Where is the photo/proof that you two are related, and the thing that set you apart is Gillette LOL

I though Benno was getting a Volvo to DD
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1437597450.495684.jpg

Feel free to ask me anything about Volvo's and I answer truthfully, anything else it's like Google, with a Danish accent. you might not like it, but you are old/wise enough to split good from shit.

And I send you what need. PM what and how many.

11. LOL There was this prospector up in Colorado comes in from out of the mountains and walks into a bar. it had been a while since he was in a town and there is this hippy bellied up to the bar. The prospector is staring at him pretty intently and the hippy says, "What's your problem pops." So the prospector says, "well about 20 years ago I hit the mother load and I was in town here celebrating. Well I got a little too drunk and had relations with a Buffalo and I was just wondering if you could he my son." :D

12. Twin sons of different mothers,I don't own a razor.:D HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  13. jeta12

jeta12

Looking forward to this....Great start!!

14. Budget36

Budget36

I was just thinking about asking this question (how to figure out setback %)

Now only those who read this thread will know that I didn't know:)

15. Nice work, congrats on the score.
    Cool name for thread too. :D

16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Hola Beano,
    Just saw your post. I can tell by your photo that you have a heart of gold. Good luck on your "A" build. Keep us up-to-date.

17. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

No one asked me, but. That looks like a really nice starting point. And that black sedan in post #30 is really nice.

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Naw, not me... Falcongeorge?? Non-conformist??:rolleyes::p its those damned windmills, they've knocked me off my horse so many times, they've addled what little brains I have left...
    its the ones that look straightlaced that you really gotta watch out for, we are ones that are so f*ckin crazy we gotta hide in plain sight...
    IMG_1805crop.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  19. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Your beard looks mores "deliberate", and Benno look more like: Tomorrow, might be the day, might not. Who knows...".
    So we got a calculated match, of unique items perfectly matched up, aka dynamics true mismatching matches. Lol

20. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Thank you for this...I was gonna ask, but I didn't want everyone to know how much of a dumbass I am.....wait

kidcampbell71, Kan Kustom and bowie like this.
  21. You take the wheel base and figure 10% of it, engine setback is 10% of the wheel base. Once you know what 10% of the wheel base is in this case it would be** .10x108 or 10.8 you measure from the center line of the front axle to the center of the first spark plug. On this car the center line of the axle to the first plug is 17" more or less or @ 17-18% setback. Bumps it to Altered or a Comp class of some sort. The upside is that in altered you don't have to have fenders. :D

More often than not you could get away with being a little bit off as long as you were not racing an important venue like an NHRA national or if no one protests. I don't think that even a good ol' boy tech would let you slide on 5 or 6" though.

** the wheel base of this sedan is 108"

You are supposed to put it on someone's porch set it on fire and ring the door bell. Then run like hell. :D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  22. Now I'm gettin' misty eyed thinking about my misspent youth,,Halloween at the Akins house,that mean old bitch put plastic bags of collard greens in our trick or treat bags and we lit it up on her front porch. HRP

23. Yep, I always dug hippie chicks Too.

24. LOL there was an old guy on the edge of town that still used an outhouse and he was an ass year round or so we thought, in retrospect I think he really just wanted to be left alone. Alas I digress, my freshman year on Halloween we moved his outhouse back and covered the pit with leaves and stuff.

Somehow that became my fault :eek: and my grandpa made me dig him a new hole, and stay for dinner with him.

Just to keep this car related we became friends and he was the man who gave me my '40 Chevy coupe. ;)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    bowie and luckythirteenagogo like this.
  25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

memories...:p

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. Didn't Elvis have some?

:D

really when you get right down to it for the ageing hot rodder "Traditional Hot Rodding" is all about memories isn't it.

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like a nice start
    I am close enough that could maybe stop buy to help or for some schoolin

28. The door is always open and I could always use a little schoolin' :D

29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well I has implying that I could get some schoolin

30. LOL get give it goes both ways. ;)