Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The smell of avgas in the morning...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Lancaster, Sep 4, 2018.

1. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The gas pump outside my garage was used for Avgas. People ask me if my fire hydrant between my garage doors is hooked up. I tell them yes, t`s the only way they`d let me put in my gas pump. Ha Ha. Scan0487.jpg

Jet96, Deuces and Hnstray like this.
  2. DFH-GMC

DFH-GMC
    from Texas

[​IMG]

I see this about once a year.
    I’m not sure what it is but it sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Jet96 and Deuces like this.
  3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Looks like the Texas Raiders B-17.

Deuces likes this.
  4. DFH-GMC

DFH-GMC
    from Texas

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. At 71 years old I still run outside, like a kid, and look up whenever I hear a "real" airplane.

6. We had a visit from the Vintage War plane guys this year at Johnstown, Pa. My buddy flew WW2 Royalty in from a few hours a way. His name is Skeeter and before they arrived I met with the guy in charge and they put out the Red Carpet for him. He was a mechanic on these planes in the South Pacific on a number of different islands and while we were talking he told us something quite amazing. He said he actually went on two bombing raids over Japan. I must say I was truly humbled to be even in his presence. He is 91 and when asked if he wanted to go up in the plane he was up the stairs and as the visitors passed through the plane he was telling stories and reminiscing. Truly was a great day. Thank you Skeeter for your service! ww2.jpeg ww22.jpeg

7. Joe Mammana

Joe Mammana
    from Tucson AZ

IMG_2535.JPG
    I work at the boneyard on Davis Monthan and the Heritage Fliht comes around every year with all sorts of cool old planes and they usually do some cool formation flybys. This was pretty much right over head!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jet96 and warbird1 like this.