Register now to get rid of these ads!

the " should I trade question"???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by playin' hookie, Jan 1, 2005.

1. playin' hookie

playin' hookie

OK OK I know the usual answer is do what you want, but sometimes a guy needs to ask the advise of his friends before he does something he is not sure of. So give it to me straight. Should I trade even my T coupe project for a '37 ford coupe. The coupe is running/driving/steering/braking project. See pics.

Trade is even steven, straight up, I got a long road trip thats the deal.

Whatcha think?

[​IMG]

2. playin' hookie

playin' hookie

3. playin' hookie

playin' hookie

like I said the '37 is running , driving where mine is not...getting close, but now.

The '37 also comes with another front clip in better shape, a good original front floor section which this one needs, and a chrome front windshield frame.

That's it. discuss.

4. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

I'm not a huge 37, 38, 39 fan I've seen some cool ones, not too many though. So I would prolly pass on a 37 ,just not my cup'o'tea, I very biased though as Im trying to buy a T sedan right now and drive a pre 30s roadster. But if you like it and you both think its a good deal, why not. just my .02

5. Cshabang

Cshabang

Ok, well, as you know, I'm relatively new here, but I'll put in my 2 cents. It depends on which car you want more, your T, which needs completion right, or the 37, which doesn't. Figure what you need to finish your car, and what the 37's worth, does it compare? Do a search, which car appeals to you more? So if the 37 is your dream car, and you want it, get. Ok, so you don't know me, and its more than 2 cents. Good luck

Chris

6. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

DO IT!!! then get some juice brakes on it A.S.A.P. and have fun...

7. brewsir

brewsir

I would trade...but then I don't fit in T coupes worth a shit...and I like loooong road trips....

8. Meester P

Meester P

If'n the 37 is gonna be an easier fix then go for it you will be on the road sooner than with the "T" and I think the 37 is a nicer car,but thats just my opinion,and it don't mean to much.
    John

9. KoppaK

KoppaK

Always wanted a 37 coupe, looks good to

10. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

I'd swap in a heart beat.

11. playin' hookie

playin' hookie

thats the problem, I like too many. financially I think the 37 is worth more in the long run but the T has a certain hot rod flavor ya know?

The '37 is kinda mature, not old guy mature but a little more refined not so rough around the edges.....

ahhh why couldn't I have been born rich instead of beautiful....

12. carmerlin

carmerlin
    from west texas

I'm a newby, so you may not want my opinion. Give this some thought. Trade for the 37 and sell it. Then use the money to buy a T or A that done. Then you have what you want, and driving it. Keith

13. AHotRod

AHotRod

If your "Burned-Out" on the T, or the "idea" that you had when you started it just "Does'nt-make-yer-dick-hard-anymore"...then trade.

It's very simple, if you have fallen-out-of-love with the T, then make the switch.

Ya gotta have a grin on your face when you walk into the shop , and if you don't have it anymore, then Do It!

I can't find another way to say it......

14. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Send me the guy's name and phone number who has that 37...I'll take the temptation out of your path. I'm not a T fan so I really can't appreciate your dilemma, but that 37 coupe looks like it's in real good shape and would be a damn good start for a project....

15. You didn't tell us how the trade came up. It sounds like the other guy offered the trade. You're not sure and now have pressure to consider something you don't really want in the first place. I'd stick with the T. It is coming along nice, has a super straight body as far as I can tell, and you'll be able to say you built it!

16. playin' hookie

playin' hookie

He was shopping for some parts I had and heard I was considering parting with my T. Long story short he was trying to sell this '37 for 9g's to finance the purchase so I told him to send me some pics maybe we could trade ( I was asking 6500) . The kicker is cash would make me feel better having the T leave more than something else to take its place would, kinda like trading your wife ya know??? But I'll just take the cash to buy something else anyway.......I'm gonna have to sleep on this one I think.

He offered to trade straight up if I delivered it.....
    who's got pics of these slammed???? give me inspiration or deflection.

17. Muttley

Muttley

Make the trade before the other guy comes to his senses. The T looks cool but the '37 is much cooler.

18. Keep in mind the 37 will need to come down to bare frame to do a good job on it. All that stuff is already done on the T.
    Then, you'll need to replace all the mechanical brake stuff on the 37...it's all done on the T.
    There's a lot more car to build with a fat-fender. That translates into more money. In the end, you get to make the call but expect to spend a good chunk of money at Chassis Engineering, Bob Drake and the like.....

19. lik2writ

lik2writ
    from NY

even steven? I'd go for the coupe.

20. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Im with the coupe I like the classy looking rides.

21. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

i personally would keep the T...the 37 may be running and driving, but it looks like it needs some work too. the main thing about the T is that you KNOW that car...you know what's been done to it, how it's been done, and whether it's been done correctly. it's never fun to have to undo things that were done incorectly only to redo them...

have you seen the 37 in person? what kind of motor, trans, etc...it would be a shame to get your heart set on it, load your car, make a lengthy drive, only to realize that the 37 is a running driving piece of crap.

either way you're gonna have to do some finishing work...and in my opinion, it would be much cooler to know that you finished the T as opposed to starting the 37.

22. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I like the looks of the 37 more, but as said before, your car is almost done and the 37 hasn't even started yet.

By the looks of your car, you have a bunch of hard work already invested in a car almost done. Do you really want to start all over again before you get this one done?

If the 37 doesn't swing your crank, why are you even thinking about it? If all your looking at is turning it for cash, I think it would be easier to sell something someone can drive home then something that needs to be hauled. In another month or so, almost finished projects will sell quickly, guys can buy them and be driving them this summer.

My vote, if your only thinking about a sale, keep what you have. If the 37 is THE car for you, trade. Gene

23. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

I'm digging the 37, go for it.

24. Joe King

Joe King

25. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

the '37 is a hard car to make look cool,
    just cause it is a hard chop to do right.

if you can or know someone that can,
    than trade it.

zibo

26. so far, you have 4 "keep the T" answers and 9 guys that like the 37 better. Then, there's about 3 or 4 guys that think you should make up your own mind......

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I don't agree that the '37 is a hard car to make look cool. Look up some posts about Fuelpumps '37 coupe. A call to Chassis Engineering for the suspension parts, some wheels and tires, and a Nova rearend and you've got yourself one of the most comfortable rides I've ever been in. Some flat primer of your color choice, a couple of mexican blankets for an interior and your on the road and can finish it at your leisure.
    PM fuelpump and he'll give you the details along with the contact for who owns it now and you'll be convinced to trade. The only reason he got rid of it was to get a car he wanted more, and wishes he had it back.

Frank

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Zipo, There is no reason in the world that you have to chop a '37 to make it look cool. in fact you ruin some of it's character if you chop it. Same as a '40 coupe in my opinion, I've never seen a chopped one I liked better than one that is stock height.

Frank

29. Muttley

Muttley

I agree, you could do the car in the style of Ryans '38 but on more of a budget. That would look supercool with a set of Radir's and cheater slicks. Leave the Flattie stock and the hood closed, freshen up the brakes and suspension throw in some Mexican blankets and go cruisn'. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

30. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

mark me down for the trade it side!

Ok I was wrong in saying look cool,
    but how about look mean.

The two cars will drive totally different.
    there is nothing like driving a hot rod,
    but I don't live where it rains and snows alot either.

TP aka zibo