Register now to get rid of these ads!

The S10 Blazer springs in my 35 need a 4" drop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainh8r, Dec 16, 2010.

1. rainh8r

rainh8r

Other than airbagit.com, does anyone know who offers 4" dropped rear leaf springs for a 95-up S10 Blazer? I have these springs in the rear of my 35 and they really need to come down 4-5". The ones airbagit.com offers are priced right ($169/pr) but they want $257.81 to ship them, which is way out of range for me. I've found lots for the S10 pickups, but they are a couple inches longer than the Blazer springs (Blazer mounts at 51", pickup at 53.75"). I had these laying around, so I figured I'd mount them up and then get the lowered springs once everything was in place to adjust the stance. I thought about just taking the hammer to them and try to dearch the leaves like I used to with old 1.75" wide springs, but these are 2.5" and really don't want to move much. Thanks, Rob

2. Maybe another thing to be looked at will be putting enough weight in the rear of the 35 whatever to see how much the shackles tilt. If the shackles tilt too much, bad ride quality.
    Shipping on UPS Ground roughly based on going to an all on land receiver location should be less than $40 per spring assembly. If the receiver location requires creative shipping needs, it's like "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?".
    Island address is what I'm going by, no knowledge of location or how shipping occurs to Whidbey Island. Could be as simple as crossing a bridge instead of ferry bound relays. I don't know.
    Just thinkin'

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

I am gonna take the S10 springs outa my 47 this winter and bring them to a local heavy truck spring shop, get them de-arched and a leaf or 2 pulled out as well as new bushings, should be less than $200...prolly even cheaper for you in the US.

4. rainh8r

rainh8r

The 2 spring shops around here I've dealt with are both gone, so I thought this would be a good way to go. I should have used the pickup springs, as Speedway has them on sale and shipping is only $6.00 right now. I'm going to have to adjust the rate anyway, as the Blazer probably has a lot more weight on the rear wheels than my 35 does. Thanks, Rob

5. dubcee

dubcee

Gitt spring in Auburn can help ya out.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

[​IMG]

see the rectangle tube i used for a perch and a drop...its in mock up in the picture but the cars been on the road for 4 years after..its an s-10 axle in a 53 chevy..pm me you got any questions