Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rodders Journal .... Snail Mail Delivery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Offset, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I have always bought my copy of TRJ from the news stand. However it is becoming difficult if not impossible to find in my area. Based on that I was thinking of getting a subscription.

So that is the basis of my question. I have alway considered it more of a book than a magazine and I still have every issue purchased. So when it arrives in the mail what kind of shape is it in? We have rural route delivery and I would be disappointed if the book was all beat up.

What has your experience been and how is it packaged?

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all.

Thanks in advance.

2. Always perfect.

3. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

are you going to submit the findings of this thread and give it to your mail man ?

my weekly metal work blog delivered crisp and uncreased!www.themetalsurgeon.com

4. The heavy posterboard envelope always arrives in good shape. I can only speak for U.S. delivey. I don't know how Canada Post will do. My experience with things I have bought from Canada is that Canada Post combined with the U.S. Mail seems to make for the postal service from hell for package condition and delivery time.

Hopefully your results will vary.

Charlie

5. They do a great job of putting in a cellophane wrapper then inside a heavy Cardboard mailer - mine have always got here in perfect shape, and I have every one (knock on wood)

6. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

Im having the same problem finding it at the big bookstores. Have to wait till I can get to one that over an hour away to get TRJ. Probably going to subscribe after the first of the year.

7. 2935ford

2935ford

Comes in a posterboard envelope here in Canada.......in xlnt condition.
    Although here it hits the newstand before I receive it in the mail.

8. BratRod

BratRod

Mine is always perfect, which is better than what I can get on the newsstand here

9. moval57wagon

moval57wagon
    from So Cal

I have had mixed results and it appears to be the result of different postal carriers. The mag comes in a great cardboard envelope from the publisher. Under normal circumstances it would arrive pristine. It would not fit in our mail box, so our old postman would bring it up to the door. Our present carrier would rather bend the shit out of it and stuff it into the mailbox :mad:. I complained to the local postmaster, and that appears to have made matters worse so I did not renew my subscription and just try to find it on the newstand, with very little luck I might add.

If your on a Rural Route, just make sure that your mailbox is big enough for it without having to bend it and you should get it in fine shape.

10. Ruiner

Ruiner

Mine always arrived in perfect shape...in fact, I'm going to go renew my subscription right now since I haven't had it in a few years...and see if they have the holiday package deal where I can get a few back issues thrown in...

11. Dave50

Dave50

My news stand is always a couple months behind but there in good condition atleast. The lady there doesnt evne know they carry them..

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I get mine at the book store. Always in great shape. Funny, one day the guy at the register asked what kind of magazine it was. It had The California Kid on the cover. I told him it was a mag about vacuum cleaners. He said he thought it looked too cool to be a vacuum.:confused: I was in a shitty mood that day.

I don't trust my mail carrier. She's tried to stuff boxes in my mail box before. A cardboard envelope would just be a nice challenge for her.

13. All the way to Australia......they come in good condition, I have never had to return one.
    TRJ will replace it if you tell them its damaged.

14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been a subscriber since the beginning and they have always arrived in good condition. Got the new one today, Nice Christmas surprise!

15. ...got issue 53 today, a really great issue as always, and always in great condition too. ...gotta love the 37 Chevy coupe custom in this issue.

16. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

My mailman brings it to the door. He gets a holiday gift card:)

17. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Mixed bag, most times it gets here in great shape. Two times not so good, dog eared through the cardboard protective cover. One time it was unzipped and "pre-read" for me. Guess it all depends on your mail carrier.

18. ALCAN AV8

ALCAN AV8

I live in BC and mine always arrive in good condition. They are pretty slow though. Usually at the newstand for a couple weeks before I get mine.

19. 5window

5window

Always arrives in great shape. Keep in mind that your local carrier is the face of the USPS but only the last step. Still, ours is a treasure-she will even come up the drive, get out and put large mail inside our mudroom if it's oversized.

20. Joe King

Joe King

if it's raining the mailman sticks it inside the back door

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  21. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Ditto!

22. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Thanks so much for the input folks. I am going to order a subscription and have a friendly word with the very nice lady that delivers our mail.

Again thank you. Merry Christmas everyone.