Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ramchargers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6t5frlane, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

2. These "Ramchargers" self promoters are full of BS. The SS/AA 'Cuda was owned and driven by Dean Nicopolis. It was not owned by the Ramchargers, as the earlier cars were. They were only the SPONSOR. Ramchargers, nor any of it's employees, ever owned, drove, or maintained this car. They did do some of the machine work on the engine, and supply parts. Also, Dean and his son built a 2nd SS/AA 'Cuda with the Ramcharger logos which is still around somewhere, making the original car not "the only survivor".

Steve

3. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

This is a great thread!!

Does anyone know anything about the 1961 Dart that Ramchargers fielded?

I only have a poor shot in black & white. I am about to build that car in 1:25 th scale and some info (or color slides) about the lettering/color would be very much appreciated :)

4. would you mind telling me where this Eddie Smith was from if you know. I am very interested in this , I may have some info to share with you.

thank very much
    GJ

5. queenwasp

queenwasp

I know him! He's helping me with my '54 Plymouth. He lives in my neighborhood and I've known him for a few years now. He's kind of a big deal around here!

6. There is one of the "Ramcharger" guys,whose name has been mentioned thru out this thread,that is a member of our wondeful meeting place,that we call the HAMB...I'm sure he has been following this thread,just not making any comments.He is gentlemen enough to just read all these comments..He has been my friend since the early 50s,before he became "famous"

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  7. BillyShope

BillyShope

Couldn't find this thread, so I started a new one on my memories as a Ramcharger. Title is "Where's the Ramchargers thread?"

Ignore the earthlink URL which is added to my posts. Go, instead, to:
    http://www.shopeshop.org

8. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I thought I would post this 1963 Plymouth Wagon on this thread in case anyone wanted to make this 1 a Ramcharger clone. /6 with 3 onda tree. $2000

Attached Files:

• 028.JPG
      028.JPG
      File size:
      196.6 KB
      Views:
    • 029.JPG
      029.JPG
      File size:
      209.5 KB
      Views:
    • 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      181.9 KB
      Views:
    • 033.JPG
      033.JPG
      File size:
      231.6 KB
      Views:
    • 036.JPG
      036.JPG
      File size:
      175.9 KB
      Views:
  9. motown guy

motown guy

Steve, I'm Curious if you knew anything about the '68 Roadrunner that was sponsored by Ramchargers. My Father owned the car briefly in '76-'77, I recall the graphics on the car including the notation of Nicopolis having built the engine. My Dad, as crazy as he was in his younger years never drove the car. I was 15 when he first acquired it and we'd take it on early Sunday morning runs :) . With full-race graphics still on it you can imagine the looks we got from anyone who was awake early enough to see us.
    The car had a 12.5:1 440 6bbl with a hemi automatic in it. I lived on Dorothy St in Hamtramck, and the guy who built the engine was a former Indy engine builder (He had a small junkyard on Miller St in Detroit, just across the city border from us). Whatever he did to that engine, he sure did it well.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or info that you might have.
    Mark

10. Top Shelf

Top Shelf

Just found this thread on the Ramchargers.
    I see that there have been some former friends, employees and many fans chiming in so I thought I would ask if anyone recalls a 1970 Hemi Cuda that Dean Nicopolis built in the early 80s? It was an original orange(EV2) with black vinyl top, Hemi 4 speed Cuda that was originally from northern Michigan. I was told Dean bought the car hoping to get his son Mike involved in racing. Dean had the Cuda painted black and used a 66 hemi engine built for some healthy street use as Mike was not that keen on racing at the time.
    Any details or recollections would be greatly appreciated.

11. I saw both cars at the mopar nationals in columbus oh. I have pics some where in my collection. This would have been around 1989-90 before the show moved to indy. If my memory is correct i think the black car had some gold lettering on it.

12. motown guy

motown guy

so you're saying that the '68 was still in race mode? I remember the young guy who bought it had a friend that was going to paint it for him. I remember the paint being a metallic orange, the closest I can find to a stock '68 color is turbine bronze. My memory might be wrong, although it appeared to be more "orangy" than what I see online for that color option. It would be awesome if the kid never painted over the original graphics. The Kendall GT (or GT1) along with the rest of the hand painted lettering looked cool. I'll post a picture of what we owned when I find it.

13. when I saw them one was white with red stripes with ramcharger on the side. the other one was black.

14. Demon Seed

Demon Seed
    from BF-AZ

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to let you guys know what the Ramchargers TM owner wants for a license to use the name etc. I shot him an e-mail and told him we had a '64 Polara 2D/HT and wanted to use the name and paint scheme for a tribute car that would be used as a draw for a local car show my club puts on every year that benefits Veterans. His price was $2500. No fuckin way!

loudbang likes this.
  15. Jet426

Jet426

16. Jet426

Jet426

Dean Nicopolis did not own the Black 70 Hemi Cuda or build it. It was owned by someone that worked at the Livonia store. Phil Goulet built the engine with the employee.

17. slantracer

slantracer