Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Very bitchin! I have a nice shank for a jersey too. Absolutely can not wait to get there for the second year. Still pissed that I missed the first one.

2. My web guy has a problem. It's called surfing. I can never get him to update when the waves are good or a three week surf trip magically appears!

Rules are this.

Autos.

Two classes thus far, 4cyl and Flathead V 8.

We may add an Ohv class this year. Need to get all entries to determine this first.

All parts must be from 53 or below.

If you do make the race someday, you will see by the pure fun, and family of racers, that it is not much of a competition. We all root for each other and laugh, and assist each other.

I have let a late model engine or two in. One, because the cars look right, two be cause the drivers/builders are solid bros!

Note: any auto that does gets a pass by me, is not entered into the comp.

So they are just exhibition runs for more viewing pleasure and are not considered in the actual comp.

I also allowed them both, a Y Block, and a Nailhead, as they had each-other to race. But if a car wasn't ready at the line, we would throw anyone out there. Banger against V8, or motorcycle, just to keep the crowd pleased with constant action. Again, that run wouldn't go on the Race Chalkboard, it's just a fun run.

Yes, I also let a fiberglass 32 body in once. Thanks for pointing that out! Hahaa. It was a hard decision. But in the end, every piece of the car was original 1932 or Ford below the 1953 cut off for parts. So I gave in, cause the guy was solid.

The first year, I could only talk my knucklehead friends into racing. Now guys with cars worth some bread are lining up.

Jim Lattin let me hand pick two of his cars and two of his bikes last week. Who's Jim Lattin? Only the president on and off, of the SCTA. Yup, coming to our little race!

The Race of Gents was a vision in my head. Pre war hot rods were to be the late comers.
    I always envisioned cars from 1900 to 47 running. Progress through machines! Only now with us putting it out there, are guys saying I want to race my 1907 250k car. You guys look like you are having a lot of fun!

Ya know what? We are! Hahaaaa.

Please come and enjoy! You will certainly dig!!!

Oh, and someday there might be a later class, but as for now... Hold your horses! Ha, that's funny. Hahaaaa...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Stay tuned for some more news coming soon folks!!!

A friend from far away is coming in to help us with a special treat for you guys. It could potentially change the East Coast car scene. Maybe not this year, but in years to come.

But we can't do it alone, it takes lots of help from good people. Some people out there that don't even know I'm thinking of them for this mission.

Stay tuned...

4. Pat you never learn!!!

You can tell that to Ryan to his face this year as he is coming to TROG!!!

I wish I had a big deep movie voice when I type that(Trog). Hahaaaa

Weren't you the NJ dweeb that said Weesner was not any good or something? Remember how that turned out? Think it went like, you licking his ass for forgiveness so me and Verne and Darren didn't surround you and give you an old fashion wedgie!!! Hahaaaaa. Teasing.

Hamb doesn't suck. We are all just obsessed with Instagram these days.

Its better then a magazine, less BS, and pretty pictures. We cavemen likey!

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  5. metal man

metal man

Thanks for the response,Mel. That is what I wanted to hear. We are coming out whether the car gets accepted or not, because I can tell from your attitude (fun with old stuff) and the coverage I've seen that this is probably the most fun car event ever.

And mentioning the glass car was in no way a criticism...the car rules and the owner totally gets it.

Thanks for making this thing happen. I'll see you on the beach in 2015.

6. Super excited for racing and I'll gladly pay an entry fee!! Can't wait for October !!!

7. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Mel, it would be cool to mabe try to line up some period boats to block out the jerk offs on there jet ski's and go pros... ruined a lot of good pic shots last year.. I know its hard to police the coastline but would be cool to see some period vessels in the water. Either way, EPIC event since the first one! Cant wait!

8. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

The Bounty sailed by the first year (pretty far out admittedly) unfortunately that didnt end so well.
    Some flathead Chris Crafts woul be cool.

9. I've been trying to get some Jersey speed skiffs since the first year.

Hopefully someday.

10. All potential racers... No anti- freeze!!!

Not sure if I've reminded you yet.

Water only!!!!

11. A Metal man has to mention fiber glass!!! Hahaaaa...

12. Would you happen to have an update on vending rules and setup info? Thanks

13. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Psst ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405949897.306789.jpg

general gow likes this.
  14. jkeesey

jkeesey

Whether I get selected or not you'll see me bombin around Wildwood in a dark blue single seat v8 car. Most likely with the car in my avatar following far behind.

15. All inquiries should email me direct at, [email protected] for more info. Thanks!!!

While you have me, I'll spew some thoughts.

I personally have never been a fan of vending at car or bikes shows. Parts, I love!!!

On that note, I won't ever put a swap meet on the beach. Don't really want rusty or greasy crap in the sand. Nor do you want sand in your primary case or Stromberg carb!!!

I may someday add a swap meet in the city at a location near all the parties. Vintage only, not your crap!

I am to busy at the moment to do this but expect it in the future.

I am working on two surprise shows with the city of Wildwood for you all. Not on beach. So more work on my already full plate.

16. Ok, I sent that as to not lose it. It happens!

Vending! I have not ruled it out. If your Weesner, or Church Mag, or Brian Bass and he wants to sell machined but plugs, I'm buying! Ha

What I'm not into is 100 guys selling the same shirts with different shop names with no shops.

No disrespect! It's just not the mall! It's a beach race damn it!!!

Cool parts or goddies, etc., sick!

I went to a monster show recently and got lost in hipster at shirt village. Not interested.

Old bikers and hot Rodders didn't go T shirt shopping at the races!!!

Chicks and kids welcome, please enjoy this killer beach day. Save shopping for Monday thru Thursday.

I want to race, hob knob, whatever that is, sounds fun!

Let's talk, race, enjoy!

People are coming in from all over the world. Even Cali. Hahaaa. They hate when you call it Cali.

Let's make friends, not go shopping. Here's your chance to hang with your respected Hamb, Instagram friends. Get some! Hahaaaaa...

If you have cool stuff to vend, I might say yes, I might say no. Don't be offended. I really want nothing on the beach besides good people, and vintage machinery in motion!

blindowl and T__N__A like this.
  17. just an observation....
    TROG has spawned a whole new build style for just this event....
    take a bow my friend...your event is influencing hot rodding and that is awesome
    your going to be remembered for the vision and for having one of the coolest events ever
    good job
    ill be there watching this year and building one for next
    tk

ELD likes this.
  18. Clark

Clark

Hell yeah on the racer entry fee!!!

my car is getting is getting there.
    Clark

Attached Files:

19. ELD

ELD

20. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

For those driving from Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec, Northern New York etc. might be worthwhile to meet up and convoy.

21. T__N__A

T__N__A

Really Mel? No shopping on the beach?? I might need to buy some new shorts after sitting in a truck driving 3,000 miles.....

22. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

23. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

I think Mel once referred to us as TROGDOLYTES Not TROGLODYTES ! But you can call me anything you want , just don't call me late for TROG III !

general gow likes this.
  24. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

25. ELD

ELD

26. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hoping to get a project on the road to cruise around town for trog 3 and then make it go fast for trog 4. See you on the sand.

27. ELD

ELD

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

The Sachem Special chassis is back on the ground. New brake rods, shock install, and some little things. Then it's time to move on to the body.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  29. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Hey ! That's the body I bought from SD . Man it sure got around.

Getting there too

Attached Files: