Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Do you know what part of the beach you will be racing on yet (North Wildwood, Wildwood, Wildwood Crest)? There's a lot of beach there! :)

2. This is true, there is a lot of beach there. Hence the new longer, wider, harder location. Sounds like a movie I wish I was in.

We will be in the area near the old wooden roller coaster. Along the water again. Vending space and party/music will be closer to the wooden coaster for a prime back drop.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Do you have a website?????

4. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Does the old coaster still work? I hope you can talk them into running is for the weekend.

5. Yup. Facebook oilers car club, race if gentlemen Facebook, www.oilerscarclub.com www.raceofgentlemen.com

All kinds of web stuff

6. Oh yeah it does!

7. I'm kicking my planning in high gear....coming up as a spectator/potential vendor.

Thanks for the race location info! Where will most of the evening festivities take place? I'd like to park the car and leave it for the weekend, and either bike it or walk it. So I'd like to be somewhat near the "action" day and night.

Oh, and who do I contact about vendor spaces and/or permits?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

And so it kicks off! Looking forward to making the 10.5hr drive up and partaking in some of the action. Doubtful that I'll have my '33 done but I'm at least trying to get it up there to put in Sugar City Speed Shop's booth.

9. At this time I can only say this: race will be by the old wooden roller coaster right on the shoreline. Look online and see a map of wildwood.

10. I will be heading down there soon to scout locations for car shows in a cool hotel parking lot with a bar attached. There will be rick and roll everywhere. As I don't want you people standing around with your thumbs up your ass!

11. The Swinging Neckbreakers just confirmed for Saturday night somewhere.

Man would I love little Bobby Bleed to resurrect BLEED!!! Bad mofo's

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Car show right on the boardwalk? That would rule.

OH OH, can we get rides in that Monster truck that runs on the beach? That thing is BAMF!

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Since him and Mark Ford are in Milwaukee get Jade Idol!

14. Wow! As a New Englander who grew up on Cape Cod, I always figured we had this "Fun-on-the-Beach" thing dialed in. I have even vacationed in lovely Victorian Cape May...

But I never knew places like Wildwood still existed! Wooden Beach coasters (ours have sadly all been torn down), Doo Wop architecture, an amazing beach!

I have to say I was initially disappointed to find out we weren't going back to Allenhurst/Loch Arbor...

But now I am SO EXCITED!

Folks, if you aren't from the area, and don't know, start googling it, and looking at vintage pictures and post cards... I can't imagine a cooler venue.

Mel and the Oilers continue to astound and amaze... if anything has a chance of topping last year's perfect confluence of sand, sun, and vintage fun, this event does!

It looks like the beach access is at the end of Cresse st.

Can't wait to see what surprises the Maestro of Motor Mayhem has in store for us...

15. ELD

ELD

There is a Facebook page, though Mel has a face for a book he doesn't post there, but we try to keep it up to date with tantalising tidbits and shenanigans.
    https://www.facebook.com/OilersCCRaceOfGentlemen

16. Oh, a fantasy film, huh? :rolleyes::D

17. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Definitely in and already booked a place to stay. Looking forward to it.

18. That is why they make airplanes. Fly the fu*kers in! I'm serious. I need to stop working cars so I can get on this stuff. I didn't want to do anything till I knew it was a go. Always getting amped up to be let down ya know.

19. Back to work, paint is dry.

20. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

21. Miles Long

Miles Long

Can't wait for October... Wish it was still in the Asbury Park area but sure seems it will be bigger and better at Wildwood in 2013!

22. Ok everybody. Be patient and don't book yet. I have made a great contact with 5 great hotels opening there doors to us. I will be down there before this weekend with details for you all. They as of right now are holding three of the 5 hotels for us until aug. 15th. So we have plenty of time to book it up. We would love everyone to be together as there will be bands by pools, drinking, skinny dipping, and hot rod/custom car parking. These hotels are right next to the race and the wooden roller coaster.

Hang tight, and stay tuned...

23. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Kevin and I booked at the Adventurer Inn already. Smoking deal for the money. But we can always jump ship if we have to.

24. Congrats Mel!!

Sounds even bigger and better than last year!

The Hill Climb will be history, I'm putting this on my calendar! Ill need a road trip by then, 1820 miles from Denver.

Add the '32 coupe to your list please.

-Mike

25. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

the room we got is actually a suite. 2 bedrooms each with a king bed, and a living room with a queen sleep sofa. plush and palatial. i can't speak to the comfort of the floors other than to say that i imagine they are, at the very least, roomy.

26. moose

moose

Gonzo- I thought you were going a different way with that one, I mean these guys are heavyweights afterall. But that would have been mean...

27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

When my fist meets your face you'll know what the floor feels like.

;)

28. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

Sounds like they'll be thumbin' each other's...:rolleyes:

29. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

fuck yea!:D

30. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

I would be one happy camper if bleed was gonna play!