Register now to get rid of these ads!

"The Project" (In novel form) Chapter 1 - The Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Nov 20, 2009.

1. LabRat

LabRat

Keep at it man ....

2. have you heard? the 409 is in, nice...

[​IMG]

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Tasty dude. The 409 is Boss! What are you running intake wise? Is it going to be a 2x2 slingshot with 97's to match the Wire Wheels? Just kidding....

I am pretty sure I read something about Halibrands being mounted on a closed thread. Why are you playing with my heart? I want to see them on the car dude!!!!

Viva La 409!!!

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

By the way, might be one of the baddest Chevy's being built in a long while. Gearjammer builds some pretty rad ones too!

5. oh yeah, im swapping out the 409 and running a overhead banger, no big deal.... lol

oh its got a 4x2 offy with carb spacers to 4 new 97's, i have a pair of Hurst slicks, and a guy in town has a massive collection of halibrands, as he owns a local drag car museum. im working on getting a pair off of him, But ive got some pretty old 10inch wheels thatll look nice... ill post pics on wednesday of her fully running and assembled for you.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I my friend and excited! Is the intake a staggered style or four in a row? I have a staggered on my 265 Chevy and I can't say anything looks cooler then 4 carbs on a Hot Rod. 6 is a bit too much but 4 seems just right.

The Halibrands would be awesome but like you said not necessary. 10" wheels are sort of big. I would look into finding 8-8.5" wide wheels or 7" buick rims you can mount your centers on. I had 8.5" Ansen wheels I got from Kiwi Kev mounted to old 60's 8.20 recaps on my '26 T. 8.5" is about as wide as I cared to go. More then that you are stretching the tire.

Shit!!!! A nice set of 8" Americans or Ansen 5 spokes would look so fucking rad on that car!!!!! Dusty gold painted spokes with medium polished rim.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

8. hotrodlolita

hotrodlolita

you are really funny sir... you should talk more i would have never suspected... hahahah

9. thats a cool chevy, love the 409 's whatta great motor

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

A lot of buzz surrounding that car. I know that has to be a nice feeling huh?

Now if you could just stop lying about all these barn finds and get some Halibrands on there you'd be set! hahahahahaha!!!!!!

11. hey i got proof on all of them! look at my shop jeff! i hate/love you...

the truth is, i genuinly want to share how cool it is, but dont realize that the owners or sellers of these cars are effected when i give it this kinda info. ive had to be careful of their privacy something i didnt consider, but check it! 2 days ago i scored a 40 packard roadster and 64 rivy, delivered them yesterday and put them in my shop!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]