Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ratfink56

ratfink56

[​IMG] Could someone please give me your take on a mild custom? Maybe a slight chop and black paint? I'm planning 39 Chevy car headlights and 40 Ford taillights but am otherwise open to suggestions. Thanks in advance Terry[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    loudbang likes this.
  2. Not sure what you're building (36 Ford possible) but any top chopping would take it out of the mild custom area.

Mick

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  3. ratfink56

ratfink56

4. Some things can't be fixed. It has some ideas that aren't too crazy and it might make a unique custom given some changes to help take it out of the realm of total insanity . I think it's gonna be a hard sell.
    custom.jpg

5. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I don't have reliable access to my regular computer right now, or I'd have tried my hand at this one. What I'd try: 1. lose the two "Testarossa" strakes; 2. turn the side cut-outs/vents upside-down, so that they echo the side windows above them directly rather than in mirror-image; and 3. two-tone paint picking up the cut-outs/vents, with chrome trim at the transition. Basically, that Testarossa-ishness is all wrong for the car, because it derives from a wedge instinct while the car itself derives from a teardrop instinct: the two are in conflict with one another.

Unclebrad and catdad49 like this.
  6. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks, Moose! As I said, not really traditional, but customizers, in particular, tend to push the envelope with some good/not so good results. Ned, there were other views of this, but this was the best to be "shopped". A couple of rear views showed what could have been some sort of rear engine and the addition of the side scoops at least perform a function. Agree with you that the openings would look much better if they followed the roof shape. Hope all is well with you both, Carp.

hotrodjack33 and Ned Ludd like this.
  7. Ply.jpg

8. ratfink56

ratfink56

Thanks Moose. That looks great!

loudbang and themoose like this.
  9. Im going to do a little change up on the Kopper Kart this summer.. Can anyone put the salt lakes sign on the doors give it a little stagger. Black walls,spun aluminum discs and a small push bumper on the front?....Maybe even add my shop Kelly's traditional hot rods on the box someplace....thanks in advance! 20210926_134654.jpg

Attached Files:

catdad49 likes this.
  10. 7berkmerc

7berkmerc

BV_F100a copy.jpg

11. Im liking that the magnetic door signs are on the way..There is plenty of room for more sponsor logos etc..Thanks!!!

loudbang and 7berkmerc like this.
  12. Think you could do a bigger tire on the rear and maybe do the Kelly in green ? Thanks again!

13. 7berkmerc

7berkmerc

The first one keeps your existing rake and the rear is lowered about 1.5". The second keeps your suspension the same and adds the taller tire, so more rake.... BV_F100_1.0a.jpg BV_F100_1.0b.jpg

14. I dont know what one I like best its easy to lower the back I had air in the shocks when I took the pic....I like it both ways and the green pops.....thanks ....I and my wife plan on going to speedweek this year !

loudbang and 7berkmerc like this.

Attached Files:

loudbang and catdad49 like this.
  16. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

@themoose
    I took the rendering by themoose (hope you don't mind) and faired in the rear quarter to the front.

custom 01 Final.jpg

17. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Terry,
    Here's my take. Slight chop with shortened rear quarter windows. Lengthened the rear fenders a bit and added skirts. Keep it Mopar with '42 DeSoto hidden headlights. Lose the bumpers and drop the tail.

1936 Plym Kustom Final.jpg

18. Squablow

Squablow

Can we just replace the Testarossa strakes with something more period looking, like the trim from the back of a '58 Buick? I don't really have the 'shop skills to make it look right but I feel like it could work and maintain most of the original custom work in the process.

I actually really like this old custom, even though it's rougher than a weekend in jail. I'd like to see it saved, even if it only becomes yard-art.

custom.jpg

catdad49 and OahuEli like this.
  19. scotts52

scotts52

I know someone who's almost giving one of these away. I'm trying to see what might help it look better. I was wondering about a mild roof chop or trying to make it look like a convertible. Doesn't look like they made a convertible. If someone wants to play around with some ideas and give me some feedback with pictures I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 1962_plymouth_valiant_1632765889be58b448151c98CE14699-0EB9-412D-AD2B-CBE62C9367EC.jpeg Screenshot_2022-02-14-23-24-05.png

20. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

I almost bought one new, but the 2-door (I think) used the same roof as the 4-door. To me, it just looked like too much room for a coupe. Wonder what it would look like with about 6" cut out all up and down behind the front door and the rear wheelwell.

loudbang likes this.
  21. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

What it needs is a HEMI!

loudbang likes this.
  22. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

what about just shortening the roof to a more sporty profile to avoid cutting curved glass. I am no photoshop guy so some imagination needed. Untitled.png

scotts52 likes this.
  23. Squablow

Squablow

I've really got to get back to work so I don't have time to flesh this one out completely but I really do think if you swapped a Karmann Ghia roof onto one of these it instantly goes from dumpy budget Mopar to futuristic space pod. Probably couldn't have back seats anymore but it'd be worth it.

1961-valiant-1.jpg

24. southerncad

southerncad

Looks great, wonder how a Barracuda roof would look?

25. Old one from years back, with the stock rear glass laid down....

tumblr_lc4hoz5Ye41qzut9p copy.jpg

26. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Two-door Valiants came in two versions: a sedan like yours and a pillarless hardtop.
    There were also wagons and a very limited number of panel vans.
    Maybe you could do a panel wagon conversion, something like this:

l6t6ht0pmcctdht72qca5lnkf353c7c86c1661e.jpg

27. Just playing around.No chop just gasser styleo_O

Gasser Style.jpg

28. And I like how you even got the header from that leaning tower of power on the correct side. :cool:

catdad49, loudbang and themoose like this.
  29. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Moose,
    Is that a HEMI!

loudbang and scotts52 like this.
  30. scotts52

scotts52

I REALLY like this one. I'm sure I'd have to figure out how to leave the b pillar but I like the slope. That's how they should've made them. Probably left the roof high because it was the era of hats.

loudbang likes this.