Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

56 Olds would be my choice but they all look better than stock..

Squablow likes this.
  2. OK...What the heck..Lets see one more

olds.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    kiwijeff and Squablow like this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

The Olds lights are my favorite single 7" headlight design of the 50's but if you hold one up to the car, the front of the fender is way too wide, you'd have to taper the fender down like 2" on either side to make them fit.

I'll take a picture with the '55 Chevy bezel on the car, it bolts right on. It'll involve some reduction in the depth of the hooded headlight part and a filler above the light but it really works.

It sure is nice to get a visualization of this stuff before cutting into it though.

4. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Do I dare suggest '56 Chevy headlights?

5. 'Mo

'Mo

[​IMG]

IMHO, this is all the car really needs. And while the Buick grille may look great, it would also look good with the stock grille (medallion included) and headlight doors.
    Oh! And a nice bullet in the center of those beautiful Packard wheelcovers!

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  6. scotts52

scotts52

Looking for pictures of a 46/ 47 Hudson sedan as a taxi or photo shopped as one.

7. taxi.jpg

kiwijeff, madfish and Peanut 1959 like this.
  8. scotts52

scotts52

^^^Thanks. Thinking if I can get one I found out of a field I may do that. Not worth much so thought something different might fit the bill.

9. Zak Hall

Zak Hall

Ok guys, my buddy just painted his panel truck this light green, and has half a gallon left over that he said he'd give me to paint my car. I was gonna go with white, but since it's free, I was wondering if you could photoshop my car this color green instead of the white, with the same lettering, and can you do it with, and without the green windows? Thanks.

Attached Files:

10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpg Thanks to this thread I did what was shown on my Stock 56 Ford Victoria. Aerostar (MoogCC850) front springs took about 1-1/2 hours, AM Torque Thrust 15 x 6 all round with 205-75 front and 215-75 rears did exactly what I wanted. Photo Shop and guys doing for us are the greatest.

11. 1.jpg 2.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. madfish's rendering looked great the the real thing looks just as good..Fine looking car!!!

OahuEli likes this.
  13. little red 50

little red 50

I've always wondered what my truck would have looked like in the original color, kind of a dark blue (navy blue)? And maybe some steel wheels with small caps. Thanks
    1950 gmc.JPG

14. blue.jpg

15. little red 50

little red 50

Man that was fast, thanks moose I like the steel wheels, looks like I need to save some money and buy a set. And it would be a little more hamb friendly too.

16. madfish

madfish

17. verde742

verde742

18. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Madfish, I'd love to see the before shots with the after, if possible.

Nonetheless, you're posting some great work!

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Moose thats badass! Do you use a stylus pen of some sort? Looks like it would be hard as hell to do with the mouse, like I do.

20. No I do not...I have been using a mouse to work with Photoshop since I started playing around with the program and have been able to develop a number of techniques over time that allow the results that you see. One other note,when I first started using computers in the work place back in the day, all of the stations were designed for use by right handed people and being left handed I had to adapt to using my right hand to control the mouse and I still do to this day. (Unneeded bit of trivia) The thing that I like most about doing this stuff is that the possibilities are endless and you are constantly learning new techniques that allow you to edit images and to create original artwork not to mention hopefully helping the members here better visualize some of their ideas. I've always enjoyed seeing your work and hope to see you post more often.

Dick Stevens, kiwijeff and OahuEli like this.
  21. madfish

madfish

"Madfish, I'd love to see the before shots with the after, if possible.

1953_Buick_Roadmaster_Super_Eight_Coupe_Classic_Old_Retro_Vintage_Original_USA__01_4503x2533.jpg 1953 buick custom.jpg

dad-bud, beebing, verde742 and 4 others like this.
  22. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

I had missed a lot of the mods on that Buick the first time around. Well done!

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

It looks a lot better than the stock headlight setup. That always made me kinda cringe.

Squablow likes this.
  24. catdad49

catdad49

Hey Moose, I think you do outstanding work, lefty or not! Zak with the '56 Gasser should be ready to run next weekend with the SEG at Knoxville, Tn. No Pressure Zak! I think the light green and the name go great together!!

kiwijeff likes this.
  25. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

26. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

OK Fellas, Madfish and TheMoose have inspired me, and I'm making good progress on my London Taxi/Sedan Delivery transformation. Last night I got the Jaguar IFS and IRS mounted temporarily, set the engine in place, and then put the body back on to see whether I like the stance. As is common in these sorts of projects, I ran into a quandary: the rear tires are just wide enough that the rear fenders won't drop down into place. As I examine the problem, several potential solutions come to mind. I could narrow the IRS, of course, but that's a lot of work. I could also hunt for wheels with more dish, to set the tires into the fenderwell more deeply.

But a third solution brings me to the photoshop thread. I love the look of the fender skirts Madfish and TheMoose photoshopped onto the car. Now I'm wondering If I can solve my problem by building fenderskirts with a slight bubble that extends out from the fender plane. That way, I could cut the lip off the existing wheel opening, raise the opening and weld in a new lip that is both narrower and higher, and then cover over the whole thing with a mild bubble skirt that extends a bit higher up the fender. (Part of my problem is that the existing lip on the wheel opening is extremely deep, so cutting it off would offer a quick solution.)

Trouble is, my imagination is failing me, and I'd love to see what shapes our photoshop gang can conceive that work with the existing body lines. Anybody want to take a stab at designing bubble skirts for me?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  27. madfish

madfish

Geez, my personal opinion is you're going to a lot of trouble to enlarge a wheel opening then cover it up with
    a bubble skirt that probably doesn't go with the lines of the car. Maybe it would be easier to enlarge the wheel well
    and make it match the front wheel well. This way it will look more factory like than something cobbled together.

Black copy.jpg

kiwijeff and lurker mick like this.
  28. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

I have to admit, Madfish, that looks pretty good with the matching wheel well contour. Trouble is, the new opening would probably need to rise above the top edge of the tire, much like this fella did to his taxi, and I don't like that look nearly as well. (He did it for the same reason, as his rear end was slightly too wide for the tires to fit under the fender. It was also much easier for him, since he lives in London. For me, the nearest scrapyard where I could find a front fender for this car to cut the fender lip from is . . . well, probably in London!)

[​IMG]
    I really like the fender skirts you and TheMoose added in the original exercise, particularly since I have more of a custom theme in mind, rather than a hot rod theme. I saved the entire roof panel from the Jaguar I disassembled, with future fender skirts in mind. AT this point, I plan to build fender skirts anyway, and I'm interested in seeing variations. I promise it won't look like it's cobbled together! :)

My photoshop skills are not nearly as good as my sheetmetal work. Here's a (very much cobbled-together) example of the sort of skirts that come to my mind:

[​IMG]

I imagine extending the skrits all the way to the rear of the fender, so they wrap around and finish under the taillights. My car is much older than the one in the photo above, and it has smaller taillights that sit up higher, like this one:

[​IMG]

As an aside, since we're on the subject of things that are "cobbled together" you should have a look at this build thread. This is the same guy who built the chopped hot rod taxi shown above. He also built a 32 ford roadster rod on a taxi frame. This thread follows his build when he started with a London Taxi and converted it into a hot rod pickup. Suspend your disbelief friends: his early photos of the process definitely bring to mind the expression "cobbled together" but fast forward to the end, and the car looks pretty damned good. I suspect there are a few pounds of Bondo under that paint, though! I applaud his vision, even if his initial execution is "a bit naff" in his own words! :)

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/garage/taxi-based-pick-up-38943

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    verde742 likes this.
  29. Here's one possibility with a bubble skirt . It has to somewhat mimic the line of the fender and to tell the truth I think the skirt fits the style of a sedan delivery with somewhat squared rear fenders better than an enlarged wheel opening skirt.jpg

CowboyTed likes this.
  30. Here's a version with a bit higher skirt...You could extend the design as high as you need to clear the top of the tire.

skirt2.jpg

CowboyTed and kiwijeff like this.