Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

For those of you who are gifted with photoshop skills, need your help. This is my 1948 Studebaker truck. I put it together just for this project. I would like for it to be lowered, almost to the ground (because it will be bagged) but i want a rake to it too. Please note the front of the bottom of the bed is damaged, try to box it. I included a pic of another stude to see what i am talking about. Reason why i am wanting a photoshop done is because i can't decide what color to paint this truck. The 3 colors I am thinking of is silver, because i am thinking of doing a bare metal finish, pagan gold (like the pic on the roadster) and a red suede (like on the 36 ford pic). I would like to see a pic of my truck in each of these colors. If using Gold use chrome steel wheels, yellow would be cool for the red. I will be using white walls (bf goodrich, maybe)These are the 3 choices i want. But I would like to see what you come up with too, black primer or bong water green. Who knows I may change my mind again. Just be creative.

Oh, also if you can, change the background. I am thinking of using the best photoshop pic as my christmas card, and i think it would be neat seeing a snowy background on the road or something. Just be creative. Oh, and get rid of the chrome bar stool holding the hood up, lol. If i need to take a better picture let me know, while it is still barely together.

Thanks a bunch in advance and maybe one of these days i will get my photoshop skills to do this myself, but i will leave it in the hands of you masters! Thanks
    Also this pic was my attempt to manually lowering, give you an idea of how low i want it and rake.
    [​IMG]

Also these are the links for the full size unedit pics of my truck

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff349/hotrodsbygreenfield/my stuff/101_0361.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff349/hotrodsbygreenfield/my stuff/101_0356.jpg

This is my side of my truck for photoshop.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this what a finish stude looks like but mine doesn't have the rear fender chrome peice. Also want it to sit a lil lower than this.
    [​IMG]

This is the red suede i like,
    [​IMG]

This is the pagan gold i like.

[​IMG]

now let's see what ya got!

chryslerfan55 and DylanHill1931 like this.
  2. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

The truck don't look bad like it is, well, expect for the penis drawing on the fender.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

4. That big Buick would actually make a pretty sick looking "El" car! And not only would it be an "El Buick", it's already an "El Lectra"!:D Surprised that you don't see some of these that were built as flower cars for the funeral homes.

Studenut-One of my Top Ten Favorite Avatars. Hope you just stole it off the 'net and didn't have to stage this photo yourself!:eek:

5. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

Well i did steal it off the net, but i was going to try to replicate the photo, but burnt hair smell is terrible!

6. bbdiamond

bbdiamond
    from ROY, Utah

thanks. and i have some funny assholes for friends....

7. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

Hey bbdiamond thats some funny ass shit. Looks like something i would do to a friend without telling him

8. bbdiamond

bbdiamond
    from ROY, Utah

Ya i laughed about it. But there still DICK'S...lol

9. bbdiamond

bbdiamond
    from ROY, Utah

10. [​IMG]Any one feel like having a play with my falcon? Go nuts. also would someone try it with the 5 spokes. Thanks Moony.[​IMG]

11. sorry its so big first time i have ever posted pictures

12. Big is better for this kind of thing.

13. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

Wooo, i like that, thank you. Gives me ideas! hmmmmm!

14. bbdiamond

bbdiamond
    from ROY, Utah

come on guys anyone willing to Photoshop my truck on page 8?

15. I think its the photos that are putting people off. Too dark.
    If you take a google and find a good sized pic of a similar truck, maybe you´ll have more luck.:)

16. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

A lil bit too crazy for me. Kind of cool but it's out of the realm of possibility for me.

17. surfn37

surfn37
    from California

can anyone photoshop my woodie to look like the pic below???

[​IMG]

18. surfn37

surfn37
    from California

ok lost the pic.. but this one.. kinda small.. but still maroon

[​IMG]

19. hkestes

hkestes

Someone want to give this one a go?

Car is about 2 inches lower now than when photo was taken. Not sure what I want to do color wise pretty much open. My daughter wants me to go with semi-gloss black with gloss black flames. I like the blue with flex-n-flat that Clark used on the pickup and T Coupe. Another is the wheels, I was leaning toward spider caps and rings but am open to suggestions. Last is the rocker chrome, it is history.

[​IMG]

20. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Ifi posted a couple pics of my car could someone photshop my engine in it and the color that i want it to be with scallops and with 15x10 Reversed supremes on the rear with 10.00 x 15 Radir cheaters on the rear?

21. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

[​IMG]

give me some paint!! im open to any colors flat or gloss. thanks in advance to anyone that helps me out!

chryslerfan55 and DylanHill1931 like this.
  22. atomickustom

atomickustom

Why would you spray flat black paint over what looks like very nice shiny black paint? Leave it shiny, it looks great!

23. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Yeah... I mean, I don't mind painting a car flat black if there was no paint on it before, but to spray over that nice gloss sounds really tragic. But hey, it's your car, do what you want. :cool:

24. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

Here is a picture of my car im hoping for a medium blue heavy metallic with Whitw scallops and a gold pinstripe around the scallops a gold engine with sanderson zoomie and here is a pic of the engine going into the car if it can be photoshopped in.Thanks to anyone ahead of time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. hkestes

hkestes

Oh, but the camera LIES!!

What you do not see is the rust in the rockers and along the bottom of the trunk. Also the paint was done by a lets say amateur previous owner and is not a good job, in fact there are a few places where paint has washed off and I have just covered them termporarily.

26. Actually, as far as I'm concerned, this is just about the perfect size to work with for a quick restyle. It's just a little big to post full size in the forum without messing up the frames. Even with a widescreen monitor you have to scroll side to side to see the whole picture. And some folks are still on dialup connections and a page full of these monsters takes forever to load. If you need to post something this big you might consider posting a thumbnail and link it to the larger pic.

Now let's see what we can do with this rather ordinary looking Falcon, though mostly I'm puzzled by the 4-lug/5-lug wheel combo. Must be an Oz thing.:rolleyes: And thanks for including a sample wheel and tire. I'll add it to my small colection.

27. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

Let me throw my car out there for the Photoshop pros to have a wack at - honestly, I really don't know what direction I want to take this car in the next few years (as funds and ability allow) so I am open to any suggestions
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

28. the 4/5 lug thing is that i did a disc brake conversion and have not yet found a diff to match. I have a lead on one so hopefully soon i will be able to match it up.

29. Heres a one I did not too long ago. Find all the changes, its a game.

Attached Files: