Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. RichG

RichG

No worries, it just took some time to find suitable pics to 'shop together...so here's my stab at it!:D It's by no means perfect but it should give you an idea of what you're after.:)

EDIT: of course you could always wait for JamesD to sneeze out something a thousand times superior to mine...:p

Attached Files:

2. thanks jamesd and electrodude! looks good

3. What kind of car is that?

4. pro1street

pro1street

According to one of his older post it is a 48 Dodge town sedan,work him some Magic on it James.

5. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Hahaha... Sorry, I work in P-Shop all day and I can't help seeing stuff like that. -stick

6. Well, I wasn´t even going to start with those photos and it turns out that pictures of 48 Dodge town sedans are pretty few and far between also, so I ended up using the best pic I could find, and changing the front end to look like your car, but with glossy paint and your mods. Hope it helps.

[​IMG]

7. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

Dont know if its possible or not but i am going to paint my car this winter and have been looking around for ideas for a while now. I dont like red or yellow or darkblue. One design i come back to look at time to time is Phil Kaelin´s Watson painted 32. You dont see many watson typ of designs on hot rods.
    So if anyone has the time to do a photoshop on it here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see the firewall is already silver and i thought i would go with that and a purple or lighter blue metallic. I aleady bought a set of crome reverse so i will be using them instead of the black wheels. The plan is a set of motorcycle fenders on all 4 and a nerf bar.
    Some photos below for reference.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

8. bobjob55

bobjob55

it's a '48 dodge town sedan... rare car... of course its chopped around 3"...and front headlights ain't stock...and i really need to "see" it finished..

9. bobjob55

bobjob55

MAN,,,, thanks a bunch.. this gives me some new hope...
    you are awesome...at last now i can see that it's not just my vision,, but it can look KILLER !!!!!
    I'M going to spend a lot of hours just staring at it..
    made up my mind,, NO front bumper,,, and think i'll find those headlites that have turn signals mounted in side...
    i'd hate to spoil that clean look ..looks really classy !!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  10. Do it! Do it now!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. :) Happy to help. It has a kind of old 50ies Kustom look to it - not the standard mods that most people make nowadays. If it was me, I might just move the bottom set of lights inboard, just a tick. Give a very slight canted look.

12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Don't know if this is high res enough, but I'd like to see my top in gloss black.

[​IMG]

A 1.5- to 2-inch lowering and some wide whites would be cool too, if you're feeling ambitious.

Thanks,

Dave

13. Any chance of getting my freshly chopped 28 a black roof insert, 32 shell and 54-chevy slate green/tan scallop paint (tan wheels?). please!

Attached Files:

14. Gave her a polish too.

[​IMG]

15. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, that looks even better than I anticipated. Thanks!!

-Dave

16. Artie B

Artie B

I borrowed this pic of Cabron's 65 (conrats to him for the R&C coverage!)...am in the process of building one similar: would like to see this in some different color schemes please.....1) white with a purple flaked top. 2) cherry satin 3) plum purple

[​IMG]

17. I'm still working with an older version of PS. Do the newer versions have a "Buffing Pad" tool??? :rolleyes:

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

19. Yeah - don´t you have that yet?:D

20. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I'm still looking for the clear coat tool...

21. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I just picked up this 1958 Del Ray. I'm geting ready to put on some Fenton slots, put in a tri-power motor, louver the hood, and paint some flames.

Could someone please photoshop the slots, louvers, and flame options for me?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      72.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      74.5 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      62.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  22. Here's one you 57 ford fans might like. In 1971 My grandpa (attastude) had a 57 ford post custom 300 hot rod, when he was dating my grandma. It was black,chrome reverse wheels all the way around,raked,cheater pie crust slicks in the back...now I'm building a model of it. can somebody photoshop this please?

Attached Files:

23. its_a_nick

its_a_nick
    from Sweden

Thanks alot. I was thinking the lighter parts should match the firewall but that looks good 2. Now all i gotta do is get to work.:)

24. Oops - actually they did match the firewall - not sure what happened there!
    Anyhow, you get the idea.:)

25. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Would one of you kind people mind doing a little photo magic on my impala?
    Finish painting it white, white rims with baby moons or dog dish caps.
    Lower the rear and then the front to match. Dont totally slam it just a tad in the rear,2"? and a slight rake to the front.
    Thank you in advance.
    [​IMG]

26. skoh73

skoh73

53 OLDS- PATIENCE PLEASE!
    This stuff is a lot of work, and takes a lot of time. It could take weeks (or more) for your request to be taken care of.

27. bobjob55

bobjob55

PLEASE mr. james d. i thank you for working on my 48 dodge town sedan... post # 3095.. and yes it is so rare that on the purest of dodge site,, only 2-3 can be found.. i have a good picture from one of there guru's..and thought that if you could work some magic...

the only chrome ,, around windows and strip from hood to 1/2 way thru front door.. going to use the last piece in line... and i HAVE to keep the wind wings front and rear..front end is a must also..
    thank you in advance,, bobjob

Attached Files: