Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. nexxussian

nexxussian

2. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Dammit it looks perfect, and now you have me thinkin gof the same color blue that's on the car right now, can I please ask another favor, could you please go with the middle pic, skirt ir, visor, lakes and color match the wheels to the body. The work you guys do is amazing and I wish I had 1/2 the time and talent to do this myself. Please if you get the chance to modify that would be bitchin. Thanks again as always!!!

3. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

Can someone add some simple white scallops to my corvair please? On the hood and the side. Follow the radius of the wheel well and the overall body lines of the car.
    Thanks!

[​IMG]

4. Here´s one from a while ago...

[​IMG]

5. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

That looks pretty good!
    I think a simple two spike scallop on the side would be best. A long one at the top of the wheel well and a short one just above the rocker.

6. jetcycles

jetcycles

Simple request here. . .can you guys drop my Styleline 3" all around? Gonna try to keep this car fairly original for a little while.
    [​IMG]

7. You are the man!! Thanks. I thought I had decided, but now I think it made it harder to decide.....:confused:

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

9. 66-Frankenfish

66-Frankenfish

Hey Newport, I'm thinkin gold. Or maybe white with a gold roof, or white with gold scallops.

10. RichG

RichG

Dropped:D

Attached Files:

11. jetcycles

jetcycles

Bitchin work electrodude!!! I need to find a set of skirts and I'll be ready to roll!!!

12. 66-Frankenfish

66-Frankenfish

Here ya go

Attached Files:

13. 66-Frankenfish

66-Frankenfish

Ha ha you beat me to it electrodude!

14. RichG

RichG

If you're gonna skirt it add some wide whites and caddy caps:D

Attached Files:

15. RichG

RichG

:p:p:p

16. Here's a couple things you might try to simplify pinstriping. These should work with the full versions of PS, but I'm not sure if you'll be so lucky with PS Elements or GIMP. Worth a try though. And I'm going with the assumption that you already know how to use the Pen tool.

Open a new layer and layout your pinstriping path using the Pen tool. Then go the Palettes and click on the Paths tab. At the bottom of the Palette window look for the button that says Stroke Path With Brush and click on it to apply color to the pinstripe path. But be aware that you may not get the results you were hoping for on the first try because it will apply the stroke using the last brush, color and opacity settings that you used. If you were using a 20 pixel soft edged airbrush tool at 30% opacity you're not going to get a sharp, clean pinstripe.

So start by undoing (Ctrl+Z) your last change and then select the color you want and try a smaller sharp edged brush with the Opacity set at 100%. Then go back to the palette and click the Stroke Path button again. If the pinstripe looks right click the trash can icon at the bottom of the palette to delete the original path. Actually, can save multiple paths if you wish, kind of like saving layers. But I won't go into that now.

If you're painting a panel or scallops or flames and want to add a pinstripe outline it's even easier. At least it is if you used the Pen tool to layout your shape. After the shape is filled with color and with the surrounding path still active just go back to the Stroke Path tool to add an outline to the shape.

If by some chance you have a shape but no path, you're still not out of luck. Go back to the Layers tab on the palette and double click on the layer that contains the shape to open the Layer Style dialog. Under the Blending Options check the box next to Stroke and you'll probably see a red outline appear around your shape. Again, if you don't like the results, they're easily changed.

Double click over the word Stroke to open an adjustment window. Then mess around with the sliders and drop down menu selections to get the desired effect and click on the color sample to open the color picker and select the color you want.

See. Wasn't that simple?:D

17. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Thanks Clay Mart. That's what I was trying to describe to Skoh a page or two back, you just did it much better than I did! And yes, you can do this with GIMP. I downloaded a trial of the latest version of Elements and they still don't have a Pen Tool in that thing.

I also downloaded the trial version of the latest Adobe Illustrator and have to give it a try, just for shits and grins. I looked at the prices on line for Illustrator and about had a coronary...:eek:

GIMP is free. If it's free it's for me.:D(why yes, I am a cheap, aka poor...)

18. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I may have damaged the lakes pipes when I jammed them in there...

Attached Files:

19. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

I need some help.......I am done with red wheels despite the wife and other peoples opinion that I cant change them.....the car has plenty of red.....flake red top, red interior, red and black pinstriping on the hood and tailgate......show me black, white and chrome wheels please.....same caps ( its 4 lug ) And some bellflower tips please.......

[​IMG]

20. how about some maroon paint on this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i like your thinkin'!

22. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Hey Glendale.... are those chrome skirts.

23. yes they are. i got them on ebay they were so crusty in the pics that you coulnt even tell they were.

24. sorry and maybe some side glass ideas.

25. HotRodNisse

HotRodNisse

:cool:

Attached Files:

26. Lunch break quickie. I extended the rear fenders forwards (it looks like Mopar cheaped out and used extra short rear fenders to suit two and four door models) and added some Packard side chrome too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  27. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Hey SDyou are the man, it looks beautiful, could I ask for 1 more tweak, the car is sitting too low...I do not have bags in my budget, so even though it could be a crime could you lift the car an inch or 2 and skirt it? I really have to reconsider leaving the car the same colors after seeing the car in all its glory & the beautiful work that you do. But I hafta run the skirts, what would a 50 Deluxe be without the skirts. I hate to keep bothering you, but now at least I can show the wife what my car could/should & will look like when finished. I am just glad that there are artists like you talented folks that take the time to do these things for us!!!! As always thanka again for the help! Oh yeah thanks to your hard work I won't have to jamb the car for paint, thanks again!!!

28. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Also could I be so bold as to beg to stripe the car with the correct colors, as you did for the tan 50. I know I keep asking for alot, but you have swayed me to a different way of looking at the colors and the ride of my car. I waould love to ponder spending a day or 2 masking, an-masking and remasking the car. Believe it or not I am just weird enough to find that to be fun. Please humor me, and forgive me for asking so many favors, but you have hooked me like a real big fish, and I need to see more. Thanks again!!!

29. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

No problem, I'm glad I can help. It may take a few days for me to get to it, but I'll work on it when I can.:)

30. james d thanks man that is awesome. you new i wanted packard side trim already didn't you?