Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Ohooligan Hottie - 50 Merc Barn find

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Lono, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Lono

Lono

Back in the saddle again this week. Focus is on cleaning up the motor compartment as the '57 283/ 2 speed powerglide will be coming soon. So will tail lights and other components needed to move along. I dont want to offend as a couple items havent been used extensively on almost every Merc out there. I did find them on an early custom from 55 in a small mag so feelings of guilt for wanting to do things a little differently wont sway my direction. I like the idea of custom, not reduplicating others standards.

2. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Great thread....great car !

3. Lono

Lono

stalled at the moment.

4. Lono

Lono

Getting the registration this week. Time to put it in my name.

5. Lono

Lono

looking for a pair of clean tail lights and bezels, minimal pitting or none if possible.

Pm me or pictures and price to [email protected]

Thanks for looking

6. Lono

Lono

Whoa, HAMB is different! It's not like its always been! Its not exactly like it was done in the past. This will challenge peoples comfort zones because it doesn't look exactly has it has in the past!
    EXCELLENT JOB RYAN
    in the past and now with this incredible new updating.
    You've proven it's not sacrilegious to built an Icon the way
    YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE DONE AND THAT SIR, IS TRADITIONAL!

7. really cool digs you have! maybe some day when i'm i the area i'll have to stop and have a coke with ya!

8. Lono

Lono

Hell of a plan 55 Dude. I'll show you the PT Cruiser tail lights I have planned.

9. desotot

desotot

Not PT cruiser taillights, I'll swap your caddy caps for a left and right merc taillight .

10. put some YUGO tailights in it! :)

11. Lono

Lono

[​IMG]

Perfect day to lay some Epoxy Primer on her. It's not the right weather to be in the shop, it's time to pull the '55 nomad out and go cruising instead. Winter will be back soon enough and I just dont know, maybe its time to enjoy a non - HAMB -compliant acquisition for a while. I'm more of a square peg in a round hole kinda guy around here anymore. I can use some fresh air.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Lono

Lono

yep, nice pair. I think O'hooligan is going to head south.
    [​IMG]

13. the 50 looks great! ragtops rule!

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yeah, those are just spacers some companies offered to get the saddle mount to sit at the right level. I think maybe Ansen made those, but it could have been a variety of companies from that era who offered them. The saddle mount will go right on top of those spacers.

Don

15. looks like the 50 mercury is coming south to the states, washington state to be exact!:cool:

16. Lono

Lono

I knew you couldn't resist it once you saw the Pt Cruiser tail lights in it. Did you want the 20 inch gangster wheels too?

17. Lono

Lono

there's many who snivel and bitch when they dont like something or if it doesnt meet their pissy little expectations. There's very few who can say they have the balls to step up to the plate and say, " I like your car and here's the cash."
    I like your plans for it 55 dude, just dont go public here, the banjo players wouldnt understand.

18. hahaha! you know what they say "JOKE EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A FUCK"!:cool:

19. daddio211

daddio211

I wanna know the new plans for it! Will you be doing a build thread here 55?

20. yes! it will nice to cruise beside the 50 lincoln that is in my avitar!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    volvobrynk likes this.
  21. Slopok

Slopok

Do it your way to your liking. I did this in 82 and a lot of people questioned it at the time. No pastel, graphics or tweed they asked? IMG_3090.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. Dude we understand you like your car but you don't need to clutter up every post about Merc's with pictures of it especially when the threads have nothing to do with your car.

daddio211 likes this.
  23. Slopok

Slopok

Sorry, new here just tryin to get around. That's all.

24. chaddilac

chaddilac

I think the front grille floater could be modified a little and look mucho better in there. I'd pinch the center of the bar to match the V of the hood, and then cut the ends off and make them straight again after matching the hood.

25. Slopok

Slopok

They are actually 51 Ford back up lights.

26. Slopok

Slopok

Didn't have any when I got it so thought these would work. Yes it is a 49.

27. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Where does one find the new build thread on this fine piece of automobil, turned era correct kustom.

:-D

28. Lono

Lono

I've been paid in stacks of cash but today 55 showed up with Jars of coins.
    [​IMG]
    I've been photochopping your plans of turning it into a MERC-chero, its going to be one of a kind.
    I think the addition of the 2nd hood as a tonno cover is cats ass. I agree with not chopping the roof because when you shorten the roof to make the truck like roof line it gets kinda weird. As for the sunroof, maybe one out of a 83 honda civic will fit in but it might take a little fill around it as its not quiet the same shape. I cant help but wonder about the diesel though, that might not please the traditionalists.

Oh I forgot to tell you when you were here, I got a line on some 20 inch Boyd wheels from a guy in Tacoma for you... I'll send you his contact info.

[​IMG]

29. Lono

Lono

I dont know for sure but I think you'll need to graft on some additional quarters to accommodate for the length of the tonno cover.

[​IMG]