Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Official Track-Lakes Roadster Picture Thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OoltewahSpeedShop, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Since there hasn't been a post on this neat thread for a bit, I thought I would post a picture of the "Ghost Rider Roadster", that I took a week ago. I removed the full wheel discs so that I can mess with the air pressure in the tires to get the best ride. It sure gives the car a whole different look. As there was a trace of snow in the rain this morning I guess it's time to put it away for the winter :(.
    Ron

Attached Files:

A Boner likes this.
  2. Pete

Pete

'33 with nose and insert I made.

Pete-

Attached Files:

Dannerr likes this.
  3. jmh

jmh

That is sweet!! Any more pics?? Cool!! John

4. Another video (with sound) of the "Super B" four banger made the other day. Thought you might enjoy hearing what the" Ghost Rider Roadster" sounds like these days, after a few mods.
    Ron
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA4_teGiAHk
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<!-- / sig -->

5. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Found these and thought everyone would like them. Check out the 1932 tags.

Attached Files:

6. The roadster looks like the 25 Chev body on Jimmy B's project. Any ideas who the very modest owner was ? Great pictures for sure!
    Thanks, Ron

7. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I'm fairly certain its the same car that Jimmy has all the pics of in an early form. Somebody will know the details. Check out the Muroc roadster races ad in the window, how cool is that...

8. Picture 1, I guess was the later version. Car must have been tooooo loud for the streets as a muffler had been added. I know all about that ...lol :rolleyes:
    Ron

9. This is a great post.

Thanks
    Frenchy

10. von birch

von birch

looks like a good start Levi!

11. 15ASedan

15ASedan

Creigthon Hunter 1949 El Mirage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

13. That's got an Olds 3 Port head- nice pics/thanks for sharing!!!

14. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

More...

Attached Files:

15. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have enjoyed this thread, thanks.

16. Glad to see this thread revitalized. It is far too good to let die ! For some reason, I really enjoy the old photos of the track roadsters in car show settings. Can't tell you why but I just do. Anyway, thanks for starting it. !
    Ron

Attached Files:

17. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Looks like basement Autorama car to me.

18. sololobo

sololobo

Man, this thread gives me some goose bumps, love the old salt pix. Really enjoy checking out all the stuff in the backgrounds to get the feel of the era. My old homie Rex Schimmer's lakester is one of my faves. Also love the look of K.C.'s trakroadster, but it seems to be a nitemare mechanically, hope he can get this thing on the road some day. Also love seeing the roadsters on the dirt tracks, just amazing. Thanx to all who posted this cool stuff. ~sololobo~

19. I have a feeling Kevin, that the guys that gravitate to the basement show would appreciate it more. Thanks for your help and encouragement on this !:)
    Ron

20. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

This one is a hoot. Is that a burlap sunshade top? Old carpet? Surrey fringe? Gary

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  21. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Here's a few pictures that I took of the Jon Suckling owned So-What Speed Shop built '27 Dodge #999 Car. It will soon be loaded in a container on a ship and off across the pond to England. From there Jon will do some hill climb and vintage dirt track racing.

Attached Files:

22. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Pretty sure Clark built that car, right?

Here's a few more.

Attached Files:

23. Beau

Beau

24. I think it was June 5th that I moved the Ghost Rider Roadster from it's winter storage (aka hauler) into the shop to address 25 outstanding issues. As of today I have completed all of these issues plus a few extra ones that I discovered along the way. It's not perfect yet but with a little bit more fussing, it will be closer to the best I can do...at this time.
    Taking her to a nice two day, two club deal in Grand Rapids , Mn. next week where she will go through some road testing. I can hardly wait :) Here is a shot I took last of the seldom seen, Super B's "Far Side".

Attached Files:

OoltewahSpeedShop likes this.
  25. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

That's one cool looking banger. Hope to see it up close, in Detroit.

26. Thanks Kevin !
    If I have anything to do with it...You will :).

27. By the way Kevin, I took this picture of the near (interesting) side the other evening.
    Ron

Attached Files:

28. This is AWESOME mate, have you ever had this at any shows? Im just up at the northern end of the gold coast.