Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Official Hunnert Car Heads Up Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Oct 12, 2010.

1. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Ok folks, time to start planning ahead, checking the rules, and getting your cars and bikes ready to race. Heads Up style.

As usual, PM's and emails with questions are the best way of checking up on something you may or may not need. We'll have the site updated soon with the pertinent information.

The "knowns" right now are this:

Manditory Drivers Meeting at 9:45am sharp. Attend or don't race. Period.

You can race anything you like, as long as it's '65 and earlier, a hot rod, custom, super stock, A/FX, Slingshot, Altered, etc.

These are NOT NEGOTIABLE:

Cars must be styled in the 1965 or earlier (Drag Racings Golden Age). If it's 'glass, that's fine. But it better be fast. :D

Modern wheels required for your speed/ET are just fine. Safety is the key, not being period correct. You have to pass the tech for your speed.

No plastic oil pressure lines.

Must have a non-glass catch can.

Hub caps must be removed, and all lug nuts present.

Seat belts required. Safety harness's per your cars speed/ET.

No broken glass in your car. Meaning windshields, side glass and rear windows.

Drive shaft loops required per your speed/ET.

Roll Bar required per your speed/ET.

Check back here for updates. And once the site is updated with this next years information, we'll make sure all the safety requirements are there as well.

All racing is HEADS UP. No brackets, no handicaps, no bullshit, no whiners.

The racing is class specific, and elimination style. You'll start out with test and tune runs to see how your car performs, and how fast it is.

Once the Heads Up starts, you'll race the other cars in your class elimination style down to the last two. The final class race will determine the CLASS WINNER.

If your ride, foot and reaction time are all bad ass enough to put up or shut up and become the Class Winner, you'll then race the Class Winners from the OTHER CLASSES, elimination style, until we have the Hunnert Car Heads Up Champion. The final race for HCHU Champion is ROUND ROBIN style. You go down the track, if you get the win light, it's right back to the staging lanes to race the next guy that won. This means you and your Hot Rod could be racing a Sling Shot, or a bike. Look it up, it happened all the time back when drag racing was really drag racing and none of the mamby pampy crap you see today.

No get out to the garage and start getting whatever you have ready. And remember:

SHUT UP AND RACE, OR GO HOME AND PUT ON YOUR NANCY-GIRL DRESS.

[​IMG]

2. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Just found out that the Li'L Screamer (blue altered that was at the pile up) is coming to the show, and will see track time!!!!

3. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to it. Had a slipping clutch at the May Heads-Up. Fixed that, then blew the trans at the Meltdown. But it is back together and ready.

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Finn: that is great news. I always enjoy seeing you and your hotrod.

I will be there, either running with the Midwest Gassers or competing in the Heads Up.

Can I bring more than one car?

5. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Of course you can bring more than one car!!! Why not race the Willys in both?

6. ...just noticed, same day as the Scrap Drive #5....decisions, decisions.

...btw, what's the Meltdown date?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

wow - yeah - the same day is definitely gonna make people decide one or the other...........

8. I may drag the FED down with the 59 ElCamino and end up racing the 59 if the rail isn't ready or won't pass tech.

Looking forward to it.

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the issue with the date should provide much concern and warrant communication and consideration to making a change.

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

2nd ANNUAL MELTDOWN DRAGS! July 23rd 2011

11. ...not much chance of the Tin Butchers changing the Scrap Drive date; the Boone County Fairgrounds is booked up with events; our show is always the weekend before Father's Day weekend.
    ...too bad these two neat events have to be the same day.
    When was the Heads Up deal last year?

12. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

In May. They were impressed with the turn out, and decided to give us a warmer date. That was the only one available, and they pretty much gave it to us at the end of the day last year. Sucks.

13. Thanks Kevin!

Just might have something...

14. ...thanks for the reply; it's still better having to choose what event to go to than not having any to go to! I hope it's a nice day for both events.

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

Sorry, Butchers! We didn't know you scheduled something that day, too! That's the trouble with trying to do ANYTHING in June. :(

We're working out something pretty cool with the organizers of the Meltdown. Stay tuned!

[​IMG]

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yeah, that sucks. It certainly was not our intention to have it on the same date as the Scrap Drive. I've always had a blast at the Scrap Drive.

17. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I just told my wife and Boy Wonder that I want to have the Widow Wagon ready for this event... a summer day at Great Lakes in 1979 is why I do what I do today, and I'd LOVE to run the wagon there!

-Brad

18. WOW that does suck , sorry butchers I have been to all of them but wont make it next year, but also know that if its the same weekend as your show it will be rainy!!!!! LOL

19. cheese curds will await you....

20. ???
    what's ya been up to

21. Mark's been trying to get rid of it !

22. ain't there a free clinic that they offer shots for that?

23. How did I miss this thread? Oh Well. I can't wait to run against Injunnuity and his Pontiac powered slingshot! If all goes well, I will have a more period appropriate push vehicle this year.

24. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Hell man, I'll be swinging through MARS Cheese on the way there AND the way home!

-Brad

25. You should come test and tune at the "Run What You Brung" down at the lowly Silver Dollar Drags in Reynolds Saturday. :D

That VAN is WICKED COOL!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  26. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Last year the HCHU was at the end of May, the year before it was in August. Now it is on top of the Scrap Drive date.

I think is sucks BIGTIME that the Chrome Czars did not research the date completely. The Scrap Drive is a nice deal and deserves to be the main event in the area on that date. It has some history and has not changed its weekend for each of the past three years like the HCHU has.

I wasn't suggesting the Butchers change the date, I feel the Czars should. But of course that couldn't happen, could it!

Now you know how I feel...and I am a RACER!

27. Hellfish

Hellfish

Seriously, BopWop? Do you do anything other than bitch and whine about things you have no involvement in?

We DID research the date and didn't see the Scrap Drive listed at the time, not that it would have mattered since this was the only date the track could give us. It's not like we're a big operation and can pick our dates at someone else's venue or boot someone else's event.

Yeah, it REALLY sucks that the dates are competing with each other. When we found out, we were upset... but that was after the date was set, we had printed 10,000 postcards and spent hundreds on other advertisements. It's also the same date as the GoodGuys Show and DRAG RACING event in Indy. We can't change the date any more than the Tin Butchers can. It really sucks, and I hate it, but that's the problem with planning any event in June... you will always step on another car event's toes. May and July are just as bad.

Yes, the Heads Up date has changed twice, but we're at the mercy of the track. They shuffled us around from a shared date to an unused date until we could prove we could draw racers and spectators. Then they gave us a good date... which unfortunately, coincided with another cool show.

Scrap Drive = Car Show
    Heads-Up = drag racing

2 very different events, drawing different crowds. The 2 events are 1.5 hours apart, so someone could see both, but not really participate in both if they really wanted to.

28. slammed

slammed

I'll clean y'all's rig if you come up!

29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

yes, as a matter of fact, I do much more that bitch and whine.

I PARTICIPATE. In both events. Does that count for anything?

And on a related note, do some research and discover who was involved in the conception and financing of the Meltdown Drags that have now become involved with the HCHU. Yup, that was me. Eric and Ryan took the lead, but I had their backs all the way.

You have the right to accuse me of whatever you wish, but you need to know that you are mistaken. I fulfill my promises, do my part, offer advice when asked and usually bring more than one race car.

by the way, there will not be any DRAG RACING at Good Guys in Indy. FYI.