Register now to get rid of these ads!

The official Float Thread

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by DumbWhore, Jul 14, 2008.

1. So it's official - we are going to go floating on the Thursday before the Drags.
    http://www.currentriveroutfitters.net/

Me and Michelle, Breeder, Shana and the kids, and Binderod and Julie. Anyone else care to join?

Binderod is the master of the plan, but let any of us know if you want to go.

y'all know it's hotter than hell that time of year

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

How far is this from the host motel ? Danyelle would love this and I wouldnt go to the swap meet !!!!

3. BinderRod

BinderRod

Acutally the plan has changed. There is a place closer to Springfield (little over an hour away) http://www.sandspringresort.com/lodging.htm

I have stayed here a few times and the river is a good float. If anyone is into trout fishing this is the place to do it. It is at the mouth of Bennet Springs State park. The lodge room rates are cheap, has a pool, place to eat on site. DW give me a call, Keith:cool:

4. ryno

ryno

theres a place in pineville i believe or maybe noel ? anyways it's about 30 mins from the hotel in joplin, right off hwy 71. i just went a couple days ago and it was good, water was high and floated almost the whole 8 miles, very little paddling. would be good for the little ones. i went through a company called two sons floating. $32 bucks for the fiberglass conoe, with seats, and ride to the top. if more info is needed hit me up. Ryno.

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

oh the drunken fun that would ensue!!!!! Sorry I'll miss it... :(

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

im there! but i wont be drinkin!!!! ;)

7. Keith I will give you a call sometime this week but basically you guys are planning on staying there Thursday night and then head to Springfield on Friday correct?

8. BinderRod

BinderRod

That seems to be the plan.

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

so keith...how far from the drags is this place??????

10. BinderRod

BinderRod

From where we are floating to Springfield it is an hour and from Springfield to Joplin it is an hour. Hey that makes it 2 hours!! I'm glad my shoes were off so I could count toes.:D

11. breederswife

breederswife

Just want to fair warn any of you that care to join on our little float trip. Some years back I decided to breed with "Breeder" and I will be bringing two mini breeders with us on the trip. They are great kids, but they are 1/2 Todd:eek:! Look forward to seeing all of you soon and I am bringing my Moms with me. She is in dire need of a great time:D!

12. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Floats!! I didn't even know there was a parade. Will there be cheerleaders?

13. BinderRod

BinderRod

Cheerleaders or Beerleaders??:eek:

14. atch

atch

like keith said, this is right across the river from Bennett Springs State Park. you can camp in the park if ya don't wanna spend the ca$h for a room or just prefer to sleep with critters. there's also a dining place in the state park, or it's about 14 miles into lebanon. if ya go to lebanon i suggest Dowd's Catfish House & BBQ at the west I-44 exit (lebanon has 3 exits; this one is exit 127). the address is 1760 W Elm Street. Elm St is actually the former US Route 66, and Dowd's is about 1/4 mile off of I-44.

the river at this point is an easy float. read that, no really rough rapids or places to drown you.

15. Come with us Atch!

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

never fear mike! i wont splash ya buddy! and ill keep my swing suit on, the whole time! :)

17. atch

atch

that's a temptation. when it gets closer let me know if there's going to be an odd # of folks floating. if you need another warm body to fill a canoe so that no one has to take one by himself/herself (or having to put 3 people in a canoe) i might go.

here's a bit of travel info for after the float:

1. if you want the scenic route that will prolly add 10-15 minutes travel time take OO south out of the middle of the state park; cross 32 onto A; take A to I-44. you won't get lost unless... oh, never mind

2. if you don't want to get lost and aren't in a hurry go east on 64 into and through lebanon to I-44; this will take about the same time as #1 above. by-the-way, don't make any turns 'til you get to 44; the road names/numbers will change, but don't turn. unless, of course, you know where you're going &/or want to take a side trip.

3. if you're in a hurry take 64 west to 73; south (left) on 73 to Buffalo; south on US-65 to I-44 at springfield

18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

there's going to be an odd # of folks floating

truer words have never been spoken mike!!!! :)
    thanks for the tips bud...wished my POS chevy was road worthy! that sounds like some mega photo op spots on those roads!

19. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I so wish Denise and I had time for the float trip. Sounds like a TON of fun! :D

Maybe next year :(

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

megan! you suck!!!! im kiddin! ;) NP, maybe next year they will move the salt flats date when they find out we wanna float!!!! ;) lol ...
    dammit thats 2 more gals without wet tee's.......binder rod, its up to you buddy! :)

21. BinderRod

BinderRod

Todd if you really want to see me in a wet T Shirt I guess I can help a brother out.

22. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hmmmmmm........ i think I'm good....lemme ask me therapist~

23. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

You actually have a therapist....Isn't that kinda like flushing money down the toilet????

24. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

odd....thats what the therapist says to! but at 3.99 a min, im not hangin up on her!

25. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Uh, dude...was that a 900 number ya called?

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

umm....yeah!
    if you wanna talk to some 70 yr old man with a beard , while layin on his couch, thats your problem!!! :p

27. atch

atch

therapist = the rapist

28. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

first off...mike, you need help!!!!:eek::D:p

and secondly........bump!!! comeon gang....either goin on a 3.5 hr trip or a 5.5 hr trip....stayin at this place.......thursday eve...bbq, drink a couple beers and relax.......
    [​IMG]

only one hr from springfield..we plan on takin in some nest stuff for the kids and adults alike...and binderrods wife julie, will be shopping, if you better half would like to do that! then head to joplin from there....guessin here, but id say we willget to joplin around 6-7ish.....guessin.....

then kids go to hotel room, and i watch shana drink to much, cause you know how i hate booze!:)

so if ya wanna go, let me know, or get your room booked at the resort! its not spendy by any means.........hope some of ya can make it........todd:)

29. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

by trip, i mean float trip! and thinkin around 9-10 or maybe later if need be, as a start time!!!!

30. BinderRod

BinderRod

I also forgot to mention the you can rent a john boat and float with it. The small mouth fishing is good and the trout fishing is killer. To fish for the trout you need a Missouri fishing license and a trout stamp.