Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Official 60-66 C-10 Chevy Truck Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, May 8, 2006.

1. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Hey thanks guys, but he called back and decided he was only looking to sell. Bummer!!

Thanks!

2. jchav62

jchav62

Our thread fell to page 58... TTT!!

3. jchav62

jchav62

Cool truck...

Attached Files:

4. JoeS

JoeS
    from Tennessee

I bought this 63 when I came home on leave from Iraq. I sold it last year, and I get sick thinking about it.:(

Attached Files:

• 63.jpg
      63.jpg
      File size:
      55.6 KB
      Views:
  5. Strodder

Strodder

So post some pictures like this.

[​IMG]

6. jchav62

jchav62

Your bro's truck is badass!!!

7. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Anyone have a manual linkage set up 63-65 running a v-8.? I am done with this hydraulic crap. I have already changed out the bell and installed side motor mounts.

8. jason65

jason65

:cool:

Attached Files:

9. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

Very nice! What wheels are those? Are they 6 lug?

10. jason65

jason65

11. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

12. customcory

customcory

Hey if any of you guys have a second ,third gear shift lever, the straighter of the two, on a 63-66 3 speed , I need one to get my truck on the road. Its the first lever on the trans. I put a wanted ad on, but I was scared nobody would see it. Still got the lowering to go, won't be long. PM me.:D

13. striptnut

striptnut

Heres a couple of 64s Ive managed to keep in one piece. Im gonna be moving to RIO RANCHO, NEW MEXICO in mid June. Ill be giving the pickup to my son Kevin before I leave . Had a slammed 69 C10 also. Gave that one to my other son Ray. Im basically building trucks to give to my children . Got three kids to go !

Attached Files:

14. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Nice Burb and truck. PM me when you get to Rio Rancho, I know all the great car / truck venues.

15. striptnut

striptnut

Thanks for the reply bro..... Ill get a hold of you when I get to the new zip code

16. jchav62

jchav62

Hit me up too. I'm in Santa Fe... Maybe we can all get together and show you around the Land of Enchantment...

JC62

17. still a big work in progress, but heres my buddies 64 or 63 (still has leafs in the rear instead of the trailing arms) that was cut down to a shortbed. it also has a 12v cummins diesel with some goodies. makes me want to put a 4bt in my f1

Attached Files:

18. striptnut

striptnut

You got it jcha62 . From the looks of it . theres gonna be alot of good dudes in NEW MEXICO.

19. striptnut

striptnut

Cool truck . Looks like maybe a 64 . 63 had the wraparound windsheild

20. Chopp'd49

Chopp'd49

Here's a shot of the 61 that I built from 95-2005. I hear it's up in Woodstock New York in GREAT hands....

Looking for a 60-63 Suburban to trade for a chopped 49 Ford coupe

Attached Files:

21. striptnut

striptnut

Man I dig that short bed . Those trucks got so much potential .Ill keep my eyes peeled for the SUB .

22. Chopp'd49

Chopp'd49

It's a big back window, knee knocker... I put a fatman mustang 2 in it... Rode like it was on rails (with no turning radius)....

23. striptnut

striptnut

Im currently lookin for a 60 to 66 C10 short/flatbed . Im gonna slam it like no ones ever seen !

24. striptnut

striptnut

Oh brother.......I knew sooner or later one of you guys would pop up wanting a pissing contest . Im an old fart too . back in my day we called a "body drop" CHANNELING !

25. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I think the term 'body dropping' was the mini truck guy's trying to act like they created something new :p

26. striptnut

striptnut

Ya got that right brotha !

27. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Exactly! The mini-truck guys in my neighborhood were showing me the in-progress work on one of their trucks, and were talking about body-dropping it and explaining to me what it was. When I said "Yeah... you're channeling it," they kept saying "No... it's a body drop" and then they'd explain again what they were doing. When I told them guys had been doing that for 50 years with hot rods, and it was called "Channeling," they all just looked at me blankly.
    Half an hour later one of them started explaining to me who the Red Hot Chili Peppers were (I wasn't even 35), and it became very clear to me that there was an age barrier there I was never going to overcome.

-Brad

28. Its like talking to the wall. Nothing wrong with the little trucks and the fellas that build them but they don't fit into our little corner of the worlsd any more than we fit into theirs.

its like the kids that call my Willys a Ford roadster. They just don't get it and no amount of explaining will change that.

Its like talking to the wall.

29. Strodder

Strodder

Not a pissing contest. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. Just looking for new ideas. And of course I know it's called channelling.
    I posted the mini truck because that was the easiest one I found that was that radical.

30. Strodder

Strodder

BTW they deleted the post.