Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Joooooeeeeeeeeeeeellll! (& "Engine Eat Crow"), thiiiis iiiiis theeeee ghooost of smaaaack taaaalk paaast..,(again), wooooo, FRICKEN WOOOOOOOOOO!!!..,the saaaame toooo yooou toooooo Suuuuuuuckaaaaaa!

2. ..,hey wait a minute!, that wasn't me man! That fricken possum ate through the house wiring, and hot wired my computer, and, and he's stirring crap, even worse than the bad voices! He's, he's and IMPOSSUMSTER er er rrrr!

3. Saxxon

Saxxon

Geez Ric ... I should call you out for sometime on Sunday. I'm sure by then you'll be selling the tow vehicle to pay for all the race fuel you're going to have to burn to keep up with all the call outs. I keep thinking of the Musketeer movie with D'Artagnon setting up all the duels. How about we settle on a beer or three over the weekend. Maybe I'll run some interference between you and Redline... I would love to line up with the Sinister Stude again

4. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

This is on a full night's sleep too, so he can't blame sleep deprevation! We didn't even work on the car last night! I know, I know...shame on us! We're back at it tonight...

5. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Thankfully it's a pump gas motor! :D

6. Davie, just having a little fun with a couple of instigators who went off the reservation, looked in the mirror, and not only triple, but quadruple dog dared "Bloody Mary" to show her face! Well guess what!? SHE'S BOARDING THE 410 EXPRESS TO BYRON TO MAKE THOSE BOYS DO SOME CRY'N!
    Throw'n some beers back will be almost as much fun, and your welcome to take the sweat out of Sinister too. :)

7. Saxxon

Saxxon

Tom / Redline and I have some history from back in Meltdown 3. Looking forward to seeing my friend, swapping stories and making new ones ... 10 seconds at a time

Me and Tom.jpg

8. I remember seeing those pics when they were first posted, and thinking. "dang that's a cool event, hope I can get there some year".

9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

La Hot Rods update........ got the transfer case and tranny out of the tow rig (that was fun with a broken rod and locked up) got the front bumper ready for install(removed extra brackets) next is offer up this shiny new dist (after I get the spooge off of it) to my old tractor motor. Hope it takes it well.

Tomorrows plans tear down tranny and order parts then remove wounded engine. Hope we can get at least some brake in time before its D Day.

10. Wait a minute, your tow rig has a fragged engine you gotta fix/replace? @-@

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Yep 200,000 plus I think it would be smart to freshen up the tranny also.
    When I was closing the back door at the shop I was just thinking how many of these trannys I have done made wish I was younger.

12. LETS GOOOOOO!!!! Ya got the talkin part done old son......BWAAAHAAHAAA!!!!

13. Thanks Scott! Mebbe Santa will bring me one.....

14. Watch mean...ya never had possum belly????

15. OK, POSSUM GONE! WAS NEVER THERE CAUSE IT WAS A SKUCKING FUNCK! SAW IT MYSELF AND MANAGED NOT TO GET SPRAYED. THATS THE LAST TIME I REFER TO THE GARAGE AS "THE SKUNK WORKS"!

redlineracer42 likes this.
  16. the mossburg works on those to. ask me how i know.

17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

My intruder at my shanty town home shop it a black snake but we welcome it.

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well the new dist dont look so bad hanging behind my wonky ass upper hose (that I always wanted to change) but after a quick ohm meter test looks like it time for new wire shit.

racerx what kind of tranny behind the 12 pounds of boost I am guessing dana 60 after reading your post for the rear?

19. Well....now that I think of it....the toads have bean invading my shop! I have cleared 3 out in the last month.....HMMMM wut is up with the animal invasions??? Is it a coup?

20. Saxxon

Saxxon

After the longest, coldest winter on record and 8 days of rain and high winds that has 87 municipalities declaring flood emergencies and likely a farming disaster looming... Now animal invasions ???

I'm thinking the Mayans were right. We were wrong thinking it would happen over night.

21. powrshftr

powrshftr

Track me down at the Meltdown and you can try out the gopro.It keeps crashing my laptop though.....I don't know if a 20 minute video was too much info to handle or what...?

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

22. A toady coup against my coupe? The Horror!!!

23. Cool! I was wanting to mount one on my roll cage to moniter guages and mebbe out the windshields as well! Hey I wonder if I can plug some sorta chip into yer camera and keep my info? Obviously I yam nooo puter guy....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  24. You always show sound judgement Saxxon,but I must say,If the Mayans were sooo smart...Where are they????BWAAHAAAHAA!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  25. powrshftr

powrshftr

The same place we're gonna be in a hundred years.....lol

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

If you put your memory card in it you can just pull it and load all the video onto your computer,or you can just use mine and I can email the video to you.....as long as it doesn't make my laptop shit the bed every time I try to play the video...lol

I'm not too "techy" either.:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Wooooooo, Joooohny Roooootten, this is the ghoooooost of smack talk past, not sure if we
    got enough for yoooooooooou, so your off the smack talk list for now, wooooooo, but beeeeee careful, I might be bluffingggggggg, wooooooo.

PSssss, Woooooo, Xracerrrrrrr, I'm pretty sure your Hemi will eat my lunch this yearrrrrrrrr, soooooo, stay the HELL AWAY FROM ME! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!.

28. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Tranny pulled apart for tow rig sure is nice to take one apart that is not burn to a crisp.

29. gfr-5 with a twin disc dana -60 out back with 456 heeeeeeemmmmmiiiiiiiiiii

30. Meltdown Drags “official” Gate time:

Race cars only (gate 1):

Thursday July 17th 1-8 pm

Friday July 18th 9am-8pm

Saturday July 19th 9am-12pm

Sunday July 20th 9am-12pm

Spectators, Swap Meet & Car show (gate 2):

Friday July 18th 9am-9pm

Saturday July 19th 9am-9pm

Sunday July 20th 9am-5pm

Racing all 3 days:

Friday July 18th 12pm-8pm