Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2013 Meltdown Drags thread, real vintage drag meet, July 20-21 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Feb 13, 2013.

1. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Thanks, wasn't really planning to have this much to do this late. My legs are tired from jumping hurdles all week LOL. Bill

2. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

BEAUTIFUL VETTE...

YES to showers YES to alcohol (but I would bring what you have a lot of cars running alchol, YES to scale!!!

GLG - you guys will park with NGRA Rons group we have a better spot for you this year.

One of the big bonus's to Pre-Registering was it will more than likely get you asphalt parking, it gets you an entry card (you fill out) into all the kick ass drawings this weekend, and it gets you a goodie bag first (150)

Travel Safe!!

3. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I've just confirmed with my colleagues that today is officialy the longest day of the year.

Meltdown Drags 2013 July 19-21

4. 62Furious

62Furious

5. Wow, beautiful car, looking forward to see it on the track. Just think of the photo opps!

6. The calm before the storm, No one around yet, make sure to follow the Meltdown Drags on facebook for up dates and pictures!

Attached Files:

7. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I hear ya. We plan on hitting the road in the AM. Should put us there sometime early tomorrow afternoon. Looking forwad to meeting all the HAMBers! :D;)

8. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Damn, I wish I could make it WAY up there!

9. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

We had a guy come from Georgia last year.......you 56 looks cool!

10. There are 5 grades of race fuel available at the track, 104, 112, 114, 116 and methanol!

11. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

You may still be able to register your 59 wagon, if you want to run it on the track. My 59 will be racing, but it only turns mid-15's in the 1/4.

Attached Files:

12. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

59 Bones & Torkwrench -

I am driving 55 down and will be running it...I run low to mid 15's as well...love to run with you guys...

13. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

yeah !

14. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I love the early vettes I think when I get tire of my willys I would like to build one of these. Want to trade for a nice willys or anglia that's ready to go

15. jimdillon

jimdillon

Quain it is tempting as Willys were always a favorite of mine but it may be hard to part with it as it brings back a whole bunch of great memories every time I look at it. Hooked up with a couple of brothers back in the 60s that raced early Vettes (they brought me on as a bodyman/painter). Been hooked on early Vettes ever since. Damn disease.

I run into a few projects here and there. Some real tough stuff follows me home. I told myself no more room so I will keep you in mind when I find something that may fit your needs.

Enjoyed your threads including Gene's.-Looking forward to watching you run. Jim

16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Jim I'm on my way there now stopped at a campground about 200 miles away I can't wait to meet all my hamb friends in person. I've been looking at early vette bodys for my next gasser project my first car was a 62 sold it for $2400 in 1976 wish I could find one for that now.

17. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Will Gene, and his car be there?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I tried to get him to come but it was just to far for him to travel.

19. Thank you for trying.

Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Travel safe.

AJ

20. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Its 106 miles to Byron, We gotta' tank full of gas, it dark out and I'am wearing sun glasses. Hit it!

21. 62Furious

62Furious

It's go time, have a few things to take care of will see all of you around dinner time

22. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Hey John - I'd love to run it on the track but am hoping just to make it to the show (driveshaft vibrations this time). Maybe next year. :rolleyes:

I'll have to settle for joining your pit crew this go round.

See ya soon.

23. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Apologies if this has been asked in the thread, but is Sunday Sunday Sunday still a full day of racing?

24. Super/Stock Poncho

Super/Stock Poncho
    from Missouri

Full schedule on Sunday. I should be up there by Sam's Cruise this evening. Hope to have the Catalina there next year. Gotta finish packing now. See you guys this evening.

25. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

I am hitting the road . See you at the cruise and tomorrow at the track as I nothing ready to race or show. But After watching this thread I am going to see me some racing .

26. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Hittin' the road in the morning early only a 5 hour drive.:) *CANT WAIT!

27. After rebuilding my worn out rear axle yesterday and hooking up the camper to the F100 I found out about midnight that I have no running or taillights and no turn signals. After messing with it for a hour this morning, they are back in operation and I'm on the road shortly. Should roll in early this afternoon.. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374244504.936093.jpg ....and now it's raining here!

Please come to the Symco Shakedown. It's only $10! Aug 9-10, 2013.

28. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

We blew a trailer tire a few minutes ago. We are getting back on the road now. I am tempted to stop and replace all 4 since today will be easier than trying to do it Sunday on the way home.

Sent from my DROID3 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

30. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374252638.648706.jpg the HAMB mobile app is the greatest. I can keep up on things while I'm driving! On my way!!!

Please come to the Symco Shakedown. It's only $10! Aug 9-10, 2013.