Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2013 Meltdown Drags thread, real vintage drag meet, July 20-21 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Promoting the Meltdown at the HCHU

[​IMG]

2. 62Furious

62Furious

Had fun at the heads up, like the rest of you guys I can not wait for the meltdown

3. Saxxon

Saxxon

Aaarrrggh ... I'm soo jealous !!

I target one event a year simply due to my location. Can't imagine what it would be like to be within a few hours of events like this. Even just to be there an hang out... The thought of relocating South has crossed my ever fading mind...

You know it's a sickness when you actually contemplate making an even longer trip than the Meltdown just to get the first part of the water transfer.

May have to run my own event up here... Call it the Ice Jam or 4 Car Pile-up cuz that might be all the cars I get to attend... Hey wait... the folks running Interlake Dragway up here like vintage...with their help I might get a 5th or 6th car...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  4. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

See me at the MD I will have one for you bro!

5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

32 working days left until D-DAY , and going fast.
    [​IMG]

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    July 20, 21 2013 at Byron Dragway Byron Ill.
    www.meltdowndrags.com

6. I don't see a rear axle under there yet......

7. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Not yet. I should have axles this week. Then I can reassemble it.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

8. Saxxon

Saxxon

Get on it son... Meltdown is closer than it seems (Says the guy not ready)

What axle setup is that? Might be what I need to replace the aged and bent to crap unit in the Scout

9. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Its the original 31 chevy unit. You should be able to find one cheap, because everyone switches them over to Ford front suspension.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    www.meltdowndrags.com

10. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

1948 - 1955 (1st series) Chevy / GMC pickup front axels work pretty well, too. My 34 Chevy Master has a 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton axel under it, now. It fit pretty good using the pickup springs, and is the right width. 1955 (2nd series), - 1959 Chevy GMC axels are slightly wider, if that is needed.

Attached Files:

11. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

HELP......guys we have a Meltdown future participant with a 66 Cuda.....the wheels don't fit the bill. I am getting sizes but he needs 15X7 at least all the way around.

Who has a set of Slots, chrome reversed, stock mopar or ford wheels, cragars etc.....they want to sell doesn't want to break the bank here....can anyone help???

PM me with sizes....help clean out your garage and get another guy to the Meltdown!!

12. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Quaker Steak & Lube.....[​IMG]
    In New Berlin, WI THURSDAY JUNE 27th 5pm - ???

Meltdown Drags PRE-EVENT get together.....parking for race car trailers right next door in park and ride....

Drive your Hot Rod up and hang out for a while......or if you are wondering should I go to Byron for this....stop down and get s snap shot of what your missing out on!

13. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Deja vu from 2 years ago down to the last minute, finally got my new engine machine work done and ready to go together. Time to get to work and get it running hopefully make a test and tune locally first. I see some upcoming late nights in my future. Hopefully going from my fuel starved 389 2 years ago to some nice quick runs with the new 469, once dialed in should at least run high 11's.

14. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

we will be there

15. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

I am thrashing also...dam engine setback shifter is in the backseat and is kicking my ass to shift.....redo in progress.

Big Vic...THANKS MAN...should be alot of people there....

16. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Bill...need your poncho there man....there are 3-4 pontiac shoeboxes registered....cannot wait!!!

17. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I should be ok Eric, I don't want to miss this for anything.

18. Fired it up yesterday sounds pretty wicked hope it's as fast as it sounds :eek:
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

19. AWESOME! Great to hear it is alive again!

Will we see it this Thursday at Quaker Steak & Lube?

20. yes we will be there going to have to trailer them over though we will have 5 cars for sure one of them is driving so save us some spots

21. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

AWESOME....we gotcha covered!

22. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Any pics from the show ?

23. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Previous years pictures can be seen at www.meltdowndrags.com, this years event hasn't happened yet. This is an event you wouldn't want to miss and pictures don't do it enough justice!

Be there, July 20th-21st Byron IL, and don't forget about the cruise happening Friday night the 19th.

24. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

I'll be there again this year!

25. models916

models916

Is there a swap at this meet? Price? Days? Thanks, I'll be there either way.

26. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Yes, there is a swap meet at the track (sat. & sun.). Also this year there is a car show as well!!! So even if you don't plan on running something at the event, come with your hot rod and put it in the car show while still watching some vintage drag racing.

I'm not sure on the price as far as the swap meet goes. Someone can probably let you know.

ALSO.... just in case anyone might have forgot, if you plan on running at the the meltdown with your car, you NEED to pre-register. IT'S FREE, ONCE AGAIN IT'S FREE to pre-register so just incase something does come up and you can't make it, your not out anything besides a great weeked of vintage drag racing. Go to www.meltdowndrags.com to pre-register.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  27. ...my club, the Tin Butchers, is happy to help coordinate the swapmeet at this year's Meltdown. When you drive in the spectator gate, you pay the admission charge and the swapmeet spaces are free. There's plenty of room and vendors did well last year, hope to see a bunch of cool stuff in the swapmeet this year....I plan to bring swap stuff on Sat. & Sunday but will probly bring my coupe over on Friday.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  28. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Dont feel to terrible Dave, i live close to the action, but due to my work schedule i miss most of the racing anyway. I will probably be able to attend a total of 4 events this year =/ Bright side... i WILL be at the meltdown!!!

29. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

rusty1....your bringing stuff to sell anbd posted a pic of your 37....just drop that coupe off next to the gold and orange 55....:) love that thing!

30. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Can't wait for this event... gonna be a blast