Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2009 "Run What Ya Brung" Thread Drag Racing Reynolds, GA 9/26/2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, Jun 15, 2009.

1. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

How many of ya'?

Let me know, and I'll bring ya'll a biscuit, 'cuz I be stickin' around to see my Boy.........
    I'll bring some cash to someone, iffn' they will fetch my shirt and poster for me, Please Dammit!

2. Ed Amber me Russ. So far ....

3. going to be there at 10:00. Worked on trophies this morning then had to go to Alabama. The parts car (vette) broke down and had to get my wife and Jamie to come with my trailer to get me. When we get back to it it cranks so I guess I should get hard luck[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  4. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I'll check back in the A M, and I'll see ya' at Slummit!

5. Raining here. Ha ha! Get busy living or get busy dying. Lets roll.

6. Not raining here and sky is blue and right now no rain on DOPPLER. Heading out to get thing ready. If you call my cell leave message if I dont answer.Redsled

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  7. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

says rain tonight but whatever! ROLLIN...

8. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

LOOKS LIKE STUBBY DIED!!! We made about a mile and found out the 12.1 inch treads on my drag radials makes for interesting driving in sheets of water! Looks like we are out, but we will live to race another day.

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well Hell Russ, yall come on in whatever you got to drive. I ain't thru with thr roaster and can't bring it, but I'm gonna be there!
    So can yall!
    Dave

10. Hate you guys cant make it, rather you not try it and something happen so you can race another day. The weather is nice right now and the grill and stories will continue if it rains but under the tents. Jimmy

11. Get your ass in your daily driver and come on!!!!! I headed out now!!!!!

12. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

We will be dining on 20.00 worth of Chicken Biscuits and O J, if anybody gets the urge...............

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yall CANDY ASS MOFOs take a look at the weather radar,. All the storm clouds are moving Northeast at a good pace and the last ones are just about to clear I20 on there way outta here.
    Get inna car and et on the way!
    Dave

14. Thanks to all those that came out today. The weather was great for the event. We did get a shower around 7 or 7:30 for a short time. I will post photos tomorrow if I can get up . 50 FORD 1963 and Stewed are spending the night. We did miss the fireworks tonight though....Jimmy

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

As Jimmy has reported, the weather was great all day, and we had a better turnout than last year even though Some People Wimped Out!
    Dave

16. Just send me a PM so I know where to send the Trophy.
    Glad you all had a good time.

17. Dave, you know they don't have weather radar yet in CUMMING.

18. here are a few photos from Saturday.

Attached Files:

19. more photos

Attached Files:

20. more again

Attached Files:

21. last ones

Attached Files:

22. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I wanted to be there, Dammit!

23. Jimmy, Jamie, and Todd, thanks for the effort you guys put into this thing. I had a blast.It is always nice to meet HAMB members in person and put name to face!! I wish the photo thing hadn't taken so long and cut out most of the time during the day that I had while I was there. This is on my to do list for next year for sure, and I will make up the lost time on the track from this year in 2010!!!!

There were fireworks last night for those of us who showed up and stayed!!!:eek:

Thanks again!!!!

24. I brought your "Vise grippppps"==== battery clamps to return them,, guess I will hold them for ransom for a nickle bag in the future! Sure missed the SFCC this weekend!!

25. Thanks for the pics Jimmy... I have a bunch, but nothing different to add...

My alternator decided to start charging about half way home this morning???

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Wimp! ! ! ! ! !

Dave

27. cool guys! bunch of nice looking rides, sorry i missed it.

28. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

As always, a great show. A lot of new people showed up at this one, which made it great. Could'nt ask for any better weather.
    I have some pics that the wife shot, will post them when I get a couple of days off.
    Looking forward to next year, Robert

29. phatbaby

phatbaby

Just wanted to say thanks for Jimmy nad Jamie and I think Todd was the guy with Blue 50 Ford for putting and carring this weekend out....even tho everything didn't work out and get to carry the cars or the Willy's we all from South Alabama had a great time and for a great person whom was missed....Mr.Dan "Old Kid" Ross....I would like to say to everyone that missed it this weekend,Let's keep this going and help Jimmy all we can and keep this going for a long time...again thank's Jimmy and crew and let's make it bigger and better next year.....

30. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Ditto!!!!!!! I couldn't have said it better!!
    Dave