Register now to get rid of these ads!

the new T coupe goes to the prom....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McPhail, Apr 21, 2008.

1. McPhail

McPhail

here's a little info and some pics of our new T coupe that we've been working on......As some of you may know, we tried to make the roundup in this but it just didn't get enough shakedown time. long story short, make sure your PCV valves work properly.......there were a host of other problems and bugs that we still need to work on, but my main goal of having a car that my son and I spent time on together so he could have a cool car to drive to prom was met. Here in Wellington, probably just like many other small towns, the prom is a big deal and the whole town shows up to see the seniors arriving with their cool rides. My son's girlfriends mother wouldn't let her ride in the car with him, but he wanted to show up with the only primered rod. I am very proud of the fact that he is interested in these old cars and the lifestyle that goes with it......the alternator went south the day of the prom and he removed and replaced it with no hesitation......
    when did I get old enough to have a son that's going to graduate highschool within a month from now?......
    He loves the coupe and hopes to have his own hotrod someday.......he has no idea that he's getting my old T roadster for a graduation present. sans engine, radiator and guages........he has to put a little of his own sweat equity in it ya know........
    life is indeed good..................

Attached Files:

2. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

o come on coming from a 24 year old guy i say if your son wasent a fuck up in school and worked very hard helping you offer to sell him the motor and the rest of the stuff you want maby tell him to give you a couple of hundred for 4 months or somthing not telling you how to handle your shit but just look at your sons face i wish my dad was as kool cas you btw nice t

3. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Your T Coupe look's superb to me, And your Son is a lucky guy having a great Dad.

4. striper

striper

Great to see. And I'm with you...it's pretty cool to give the boy a car. It shouldn't be handed to him on a platter. Sensible and generous to the right degrees. Big tick for you.

I like the coupe too. Too bad about the "mother in law"

Pete

5. nice coupe,your son will love his graduation present ,im shore

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

So, your son shows up in the coolest ride of the prom and his girlfriend is not allowed to ride in it because it's a hot rod? Imagine what kind of mother in law she would make someday. Anyway, we are proud of him, and you.

7. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

great looking ride, nice looking kid and it sounds like he has his head screwed on straight.... too bad the "mo-in-law" robbed her daughter of the thrill of pulling in the prom with probably the coolest ride there!! by the way, i'd like to see his face when you present him with the roadster, wtg dad.

8. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

McPhail, I think that is a wonderful thing you are doing. Give him the car and let him finish it his way. And help him do it. What a fantastic gift.
    As for not giving him the parts mentioned... I would have been thrilled with that. We didn't have much money (never said 'poor'.. just not much money). My parents gave me an education in life. Dad taught me how to fix anything I wanted to. I couldn't have asked for more.
    tylersloan... when you get old enough to have a kid graduate you can have more of an opinion on sweat equity and sons from a dad's perspective. ;) My son is 30 this year so I know from experience.
    As for the mother-in-law... she needs to be invited for a ride in the T. If she doesn't come around, tell your son to ride away fast! :eek:
    Good on ya, McPhail
    edit.. YA MAN!!! Post pics of him becoming the new owner...

9. Rusty

Rusty

Now thats too cool!

10. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

That coupe is cool. Glad to see some fenders on it.

Your kid is lucky to get to drive the coupe to prom and then at graduation he gets the other. WOW The roadster is kick butt kool too.

11. Right frickin on! That is so cool!
    I can't wait til the day my kis get to drive their hot rods to grad!

-Shiny

12. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

way cool, looking real good.

13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

cool looking T.....really nice guy based on this reading.....you rock !

14. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

Congrat's on making to the deadline of the prom...! Too Cool.

15. she wouldnt let the daughter share in the excitement? weird mom, it doesnt look like a pos, what was her issue?

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Very cool Dennis:)

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Just uneducated regarding the facts of hot rods is all.

Your son looks very happy Dennis. Congrats

18. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

that T probably runs better than that girl's mother's car..I hate when I hear stories like that..Glad he digs the car though

19. hell yeah thats cool , your son is beaming with pride and happiness ..
    congrats to you both man!!

not sure what the girlfriends mom's problem is , my daughter of the same age would want to drive!!:D

20. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

good to see you got her on the road dennis i loved that i got to watch the car progress perfect stance and chop

21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Wow, a full fendered Hot Rod T coupe! Very cool Dennis. Your son is lucky to have such a great dad.

Malcolm

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Very cool... I would say this is the anti-suck...

23. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Kick ass, too bad his GFs mom is so lame..

i love full fendered Ts

24. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Great looking coupe! Your son looks stoked,you must be really proud!

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

very cool..
    too bad momma wouldnt let her daughter be the "cool" chick the day of the prom..

26. That 80 year old car is probably a lot safer then many of the 10-20 year old cars I rode in when I was in high school.

27. bigken

bigken

Sweet - Kool-T, Kool-Dad. Congrats on makin' the Prom-date.
    Kongrats.

28. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

the T looks good, congrats on getting the kid thru school and that he is into hotrods. He should be surprised as hell when you tell him its his.

29. He does now...:D

30. Lots of girl's moms wouldn't let them ride in my car, but it wasn't the car that wasn't safe...